BIG XII Expansion

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Vancopoke
Buckaroo
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

It will be about survival. The Big XII will implode and there will be four conferences left; Pac-16, SEC, Big Ten and ACC. All will have 16 teams.

Pac-16 will expand into Texas as staying at 12 teams will not be an option.

I know this is all speculation and I hate it as Wyoming gets kicked further down the list. Not sure there is anything that can be done other than grab a cold one, kick back and see how this plays out.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 133 times
Been liked: 141 times

The PAC-12 doesn't need to do anything preemptively because they are not threatened by the big 12. I don't see why the big 12 is so scared. It seems like a left twix right twix thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!
Vancopoke
Buckaroo

Pac-12 not scared by the Big XII but they are terrified of the growth of the Big Ten and SEC. Revenue for the Pac-12 schools pales in comparison to the Big Ten / SEC. Have to do something or they will be at a competitive disadvantage.

Wouldn't surprise me if Washington State and Oregon State were informed that their time in the Pac-12 has come to an end. If Texas and Oklahoma were interested in Pac-12 membership but Texas Tech, Oklahoma State, Baylor and TCU need to be included, WSU and OSU may be on the outs.

Again, just speculation but the Pac-12 is not taking the revenue disparity between their conference and the SEC / Big Ten lightly. Now that the ACC has announced their own network, they may very well leave the Pac-12 behind.

In 5 years or less, the Pac-12 will be adding teams. And it won't be San Diego State, Fresno State, Colorado State and Boise State.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 43 times

Isn't there a state law in Washington that requires both Washington and Washington State to be in the same conference at all times?

BTW, Oregon State is a charter member of the PAC-XX in 1915 when it was known as the Pacific Coast Conference. You can not kick out a charter member!!!!!

Fuin fact: at one time both Idaho and Montana were both members of the PCC.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Wyokie wrote:Fuin fact: at one time both Idaho and Montana were both members of the PCC.
And when the Pokes had back-to-back 10-win seasons, they shared a conference with three current Pac 12 teams.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

joshvanklomp wrote:
Wyokie wrote:Fuin fact: at one time both Idaho and Montana were both members of the PCC.
And when the Pokes had back-to-back 10-win seasons, they shared a conference with three current Pac 12 teams.
Lame smack, bro. Lame smack. :roll:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

Wyokie wrote:
joshvanklomp wrote:
Not sure that was meant as smack.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

fromolwyoming wrote:
Wyokie wrote:
joshvanklomp wrote:
Not sure that was meant as smack.
It was to me.

BTW, the last time we had back-to-back 10 win seasons was in 1987 & 1988. We only played two current PAC-XX schools, Utah and Washington State, at that time so.....
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

No smack intended. And clearly I went back too far. Whoops!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

joshvanklomp wrote:No smack intended. And clearly I went back too far. Whoops!
That's O.K. I'm a historian and I read the year-by-year section of the Wyoming football media guides a lot. Plus I keep up on conference realignment ever since the first round of it back the early '90s (1990-93).
Vancopoke
Buckaroo

WSU and OSU should hit their knees every night and continue to thank the football gods that they are grandfathered into the Pac-12. Realistically, both schools should probably be in the MWC.
johnywyo
Ranch Hand

Between Burman and Deep Throat Thompson, MWC along w/Pokes has a very difficult path towards mediocrity. Be interesting to ask both Texas and Nebraska fans about the UW and its image. I would dare to say, they like our Teams and attitude in Wyo. It is really infuriariting to see how far we have fallen. Markets do play a role, but so does a plan and winning. Neither of which do we have in the Conference or our Athletic Dep't.
At the molecular level all mankind is a brilliant super-nova.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

joshvanklomp wrote:
That would be incorrect. We did share the conference with Utah....but Wyoming had back to back 10+ win seasons, and undefeated in conference two years in a row, in 1987 and 1988.

Just noticed Wyokie posted the same thing...my bad.
elfletcho
Ranch Hand

So when the Big 12 takes BYU and Houston, how awesome is the whining down south going to be? Their board may implode from all the tears.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

elfletcho wrote:So when the Big 12 takes BYU and Houston, how awesome is the whining down south going to be? Their board may implode from all the tears.
BYU's ego will drive everyone in the Big XII insane moreso than Texas has since it's beginning in 1996.

Rumor is that the addition of Houston was one of the main reasons why the Southwest Conference went belly up.

Fun times lay ahead, boys!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

DVDA
A Real Cowboy

Vancopoke wrote:Pac-12 not scared by the Big XII but they are terrified of the growth of the Big Ten and SEC. Revenue for the Pac-12 schools pales in comparison to the Big Ten / SEC. Have to do something or they will be at a competitive disadvantage.

Wouldn't surprise me if Washington State and Oregon State were informed that their time in the Pac-12 has come to an end. If Texas and Oklahoma were interested in Pac-12 membership but Texas Tech, Oklahoma State, Baylor and TCU need to be included, WSU and OSU may be on the outs.

Again, just speculation but the Pac-12 is not taking the revenue disparity between their conference and the SEC / Big Ten lightly. Now that the ACC has announced their own network, they may very well leave the Pac-12 behind.

In 5 years or less, the Pac-12 will be adding teams. And it won't be San Diego State, Fresno State, Colorado State and Boise State.
Why not dump Colorado, OSU, and WSU for Texas, Oklahoma, and Ok State? Possibly throw in Utah for Baylor and then we could form the old mountain west league of rejects.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

Snowflake
Cowpoke

Y'all should come play with us. :)
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

Snowflake wrote:Y'all should come play with us. :)
Tried to, security wouldn't let me.