Three Cowboys named to preseason All-MW team

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

Chase Roullier
Brian Hill
Andrew Wingard

All three were named to the All-MW preseason poll this morning. The Cowboys are picked to finished 6th in the Mountain division this season. Lowest point total among the 12 teams. Obviously a lot of work to do for the Pokes.
ImageImageImageImage
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

I have a lot of optimism about our offense. I think we are able to move the ball. I have HUGE concerns with our defense.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

I'd say there is definitely more concern about the D than about the O. But, I do think the D should be much improved. We aren't putting a bunch of inexperienced db's out there this year like last. Our linebackers are all bigger than last year. Our Dline is improving depth and size too.

For comparisons, I saw this (Boise's depth chart). They have D issues too including a very small an inexperienced Dline.

https://twitter.com/MichaelLKatz/status ... wsrc%5Etfw
Last edited by JimmyDimes on Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

JimmyDimes wrote:I'd say there is definitely more concern about the D than about the O. But, I do think the D should be much improved. We are putting a bunch of inexperienced db's out there this year like last. Our linebackers are all bigger than last year. Our Dline is improving depth and size too.

For comparisons, I saw this (Boise's depth chart). They have D issues too including a very small an inexperienced Dline.

I totally agree. DBs, LBs more experienced. LBs much heavier. Interior DL I believe will be better/bigger. The DE position is the only one that has me worried - pretty light and not much depth. Hopefully Prosser and Granderson have added to their frames.

I can in no way see a defense that was worse than last year.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

LanderPoke wrote:
JimmyDimes wrote:I'd say there is definitely more concern about the D than about the O. But, I do think the D should be much improved. We are putting a bunch of inexperienced db's out there this year like last. Our linebackers are all bigger than last year. Our Dline is improving depth and size too.

I totally agree. DBs, LBs more experienced. LBs much heavier. Interior DL I believe will be better/bigger. The DE position is the only one that has me worried - pretty light and not much depth. Hopefully Prosser and Granderson have added to their frames.

I can in no way see a defense that was worse than last year.
I bet we see Granderson in the 240 range and Prosser in the 230 range. And they will be the smaller of the two deep. But, both have more speed than what we have had in the past. As solid and Cowboy Tough Eddie was, he wasn't fleet of foot.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 119 times

MrTitleist wrote: The Cowboys are picked to finished 6th in the Mountain division this season. Lowest point total among the 12 teams. Obviously a lot of work to do for the Pokes.
Shouldn't surprise anyone here. Hopefully the play on the field surprises though.

But my gawd...12th of 12??!! :wtf:

Football is a team game. If it's not W's, does any individual accolade really matter?

Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and f-word the prom queen. - Connery
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...