Media Day interviews

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

With all due respect to Rocky Long, I thought he was smarter than this.

2014: 4-8
2015: 2-10

Record at Wyoming: 6-18

25% win rate is a "great record that proves that."

Sorry guys, I am actually 100% in Bohl's camp, but I am over the NDSU reference thing. It is like BYU and 1984. What have you done lately.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

I agree DJM, although I support Bohl in the sense that he is our coach, but never thought he was the right hire. FCS coaching doesn't translate well to the MW. We kind of repeated history with Bohl. The biggest flaw I see is that Bohl had a top 5 recruiting class in FCS for multiple years. Certainly helps your chances of winning when you do that. For all the talk of development he was already starting with the best recruits for his conference and division. How is he going to improve the recruiting at Wyoming? He seems to have grabbed a couple gems ( wingard & Hill) but what about the sum of the parts?
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 304 times
Been liked: 119 times

marcuswyo wrote:I agree DJM, although I support Bohl in the sense that he is our coach, but never thought he was the right hire. FCS coaching doesn't translate well to the MW. We kind of repeated history with Bohl. The biggest flaw I see is that Bohl had a top 5 recruiting class in FCS for multiple years. Certainly helps your chances of winning when you do that. For all the talk of development he was already starting with the best recruits for his conference and division. How is he going to improve the recruiting at Wyoming? He seems to have grabbed a couple gems ( wingard & Hill) but what about the sum of the parts?
With the exception of:

1. Joe Glenn had a dynamic personality & was a players-coach and fans-coach, no doubt.
2. Joe Glenn's staff was MUCH better (save Cockmaster) than Bohls
3. Joe Glenn didn't tear the thing down completely to "rebuild the right way"
4. Joe Glenn was left nothing compared to Bohl
5. Joe Glenn had a better ran athletic department to support him (initially)
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Yep Cockhill was Glenn's downfall but that was ultimately a choice he made. Bohl is making the same mistake with a coordinator imo. Glenn certainly experienced top recruiting classes during his success at Montana. You have a point on the cupboard being bare. People say Bohl wasn't left much but that's not true. His recieving corp was intact,decent DEs, and an NFL caliber OG isn't the worst situation a person could walk into. I just don't think a team can win with the current philosophies without better recruiting. I wish Gregg Brandon would have been Glenn's replacement ( or dick faces).