Alternate Air Force Helmet

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Air Force to use an alternate design for their game against Georgia State. Not bad looking, but from a historical perspective, very cool IMO.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-footbal ... ing-tigers
GoPokes86
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 10 times

Those are pretty sweet. Any nod to the past from the Service Academies is more than likely going to be pretty cool.
cowpoke pride
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

Those are super cool. Air Force has had some of the best alternate helmets in the past few years.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

SO SICK! Wish we didn't kid ourselves into thinking we have tradition and have to have some of the most boring Unis in football. Only Alabama (loads of tradition) and Penn State (boat loads of tradition) have more boring unis than us. If CDC did anything right, it was unis
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 290 times
Been liked: 115 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:SO SICK! Wish we didn't kid ourselves into thinking we have tradition and have to have some of the most boring Unis in football. Only Alabama (loads of tradition) and Penn State (boat loads of tradition) have more boring unis than us. If CDC did anything right, it was unis
Couldn't agree more.

**QUEUE the NDSU fans to tell us how the Bizun were able to win multiple national championships in 2 boring assed uniform combinations**

Cowboy Tough Bitches! :whistle:
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 31 times

haha.. we haven't played a single snap in these uniforms!

Also, come on, did you guys really like the camo uniforms? Those things were awful.
ImageImageImageImage
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

MrTitleist wrote:haha.. we haven't played a single snap in these uniforms!

Also, come on, did you guys really like the camo uniforms? Those things were awful.
Agree. Awful
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Hell yes I loved them! And I loved the message of supporting the troops. Those were my favorite uniforms of the CDC era. I loved the matte brown helmet
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

I'm not arguing for 12 different uniform combos for each game every season. But why can't we bring something small back, like a "gold rush" promo for a home game? Where the team wears all gold and there might even be a gold t-shirt giveaway? Basketball has done stuff like this, and they've used their alternate uniforms in a great balance.

But I guess our football team will stick to being cowboy tough...
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 290 times
Been liked: 115 times

Not playing a single snap, could, as a matter of fact, be a good thing. :lol:

I loved the camo uniforms, especially when we throttled the living piss out of AF @ AF in them.

And I will take any of these combos (with all the helmet sticker combos as well) any day over the Bizun-theory-2-uniform-bland-cowboy-tough-poop we wear, and have worn, the last few years. Except maybe the first one.

Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
cowboyz backer
Buckaroo

I liked having some variety. The gold rush idea mentioned earlier would be fantastic. This year's uniforms will be an upgrade over that last 2 seasons for sure. At the very least, we should mix in an alternate helmet.
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

As a member of the armed forces, the camp uniforms do nothing for me. It's a feel good for the coaches, players, and the few fans that liked them...but to me it doesn't show any more patriotism. None of our military uniforms have digital brown, black, and gold.

Saying hat, I bought one of Appleby's spare uniforms from MadDog after it was decided they weren't going to use them.
jarhead
Ranch Hand

I bought Tanner's jersey as well and am going to get it framed. I will also buy his Gold and his Brown "Sagebrush" when they decide to let them go. ;-)
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

jarhead wrote:I bought Tanner's jersey as well and am going to get it framed. I will also buy his Gold and his Brown "Sagebrush" when they decide to let them go. ;-)
The privileges of a proud father...you lucky bastard! I'm glad you're able to do that for your son.