Sure hope 'ol Bohly gets 4 more years!

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

He needs to keep the fan base at bay this year by beating Eastern Michigan, UC Ringolsby, and CSewe (of course), and also remain competitive in all the other games scheduled (no 30 - 40 point losses)!

Just hope that the awesome fanbase we have, and spectacular athletic department, allows him the time it appears it is going to take. Read between the lines if you wish, but the level of recruiting and coaching (Stanard) needs to drastically improve to be a competitive 10 win team in the watered down MWC.
Last edited by McPeachy on Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

whatever. I'll stay away from the doom and gloom and look forward to the season.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

JimmyDimes wrote:whatever. I'll stay away from the doom and gloom and look forward to the season.
Doom & Gloom? Wasn't intended that way. I was merely sharing my opinion, that I hope he gets time to see this thing all the way through.

Toss out year one. Toss out year two. SO, my way of thinking, this is his "start". If you have a problem with that, share your opinion on how & why he shouldn't be given 4 more years.
Dear Karma,

Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

McPeachy wrote:
JimmyDimes wrote:whatever. I'll stay away from the doom and gloom and look forward to the season.
Doom & Gloom? Wasn't intended that way. I was merely sharing my opinion, that I hope he gets time to see this thing all the way through.

Toss out year one. Toss out year two. SO, my way of thinking, this is his "start". If you have a problem with that, share your opinion on how & why he shouldn't be given 4 more years.
Personally, I agree with "throw out season one", but I do consider last season to be his "start". One thing I look at in his true start year is that, injuries aside, we did see progress as the season (as long as it seemed) wore on with the EMU game being the relatively early low point of the season.

We didn't see that with Christensen, or even Glenn in his last two seasons for that matter. Both of those HC's teams seemed to regress as the seasons went on. Christensen's players and staff actually, IMO, checked out on him.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
SnowyRange
Ranch Hand

I'm fairly doom and gloom about this season, but still can't grumble about Bohl. I've yet to see -- unlike some past coaches, none of which I want to rehash -- that he A) doesn't know what he's doing and/or B) is just hoping the football gods smile on him and get him out of Laramie as soon as possible.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Next year, not this year, will indicate the trajectory of the program. This year is still too soon to tell. After next year Bohl's first class (cobbled together in a month) will be seniors or RS juniors. It'll be fair to judge him at that point.
dutchgunz
Buckaroo

Next year they come to my home state to play Iowa. I am praying....praying we give them a game and maybe even win. My love for the pokes is hard to miss whenever you spend more than 11 minutes with me. So, believe me...this 15 year dryspell of anything that represents a football team is getting old. To come in to kinnick and take down the hawks would be so so so glorious. I will forever have bragging rights and I would litterally empty my pathetic bank account for that.
TracyRingolsby
Buckaroo

McPeachy wrote:He needs to keep the fan base at bay this year by beating Eastern Michigan, UC Irvine, and CSewe (of course), and also remain competitive in all the other games scheduled (no 30 - 40 point losses)!

Just hope that the awesome fanbase we have, and spectacular athletic department, allows him the time it appears it is going to take. Read between the lines if you wish, but the level of recruiting and coaching (Stanard) needs to drastically improve to be a competitive 10 win team in the watered down MWC.
They have no chance to beat UC Irvine.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

TracyRingolsby wrote:
McPeachy wrote:He needs to keep the fan base at bay this year by beating Eastern Michigan, UC Irvine, and CSewe (of course), and also remain competitive in all the other games scheduled (no 30 - 40 point losses)!

I have to agree...there is absolutely no way Wyoming beats UC Irvine this year...
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

WestWYOPoke wrote:
TracyRingolsby wrote:

I have to agree...there is absolutely no way Wyoming beats UC Irvine this year...
Yep. Zip, zero, nada. No chance in Hell...
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

WHAT?! We can't beat the Anteaters?! F That!!!!! Blame BYU! I always do.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

UC Davis on the other hand.....
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
cowpoke pride
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

I'm looking to be in games in the third quarter this year that were over at halftime last year (and there were too many of those).
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

TracyRingolsby wrote:

Tomato Tomato

Great input to the thread though, probably some of your best work.
Dear Karma,

Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

Op was def a sarcastic gloom and doom post. I think these coaches are doing a very good job recruiting. So yeah I want them to get a few more years. But if their in game coaching and preparing the players doesn't improve a lot then no reason to give 4 years. Last year showed a team not talented or deep enough. But also showed a team not prepared or ready to play.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

Coeur d' Alene wrote:Op was def a sarcastic gloom and doom post. I think these coaches are doing a very good job recruiting. So yeah I want them to get a few more years. But if their in game coaching and preparing the players doesn't improve a lot then no reason to give 4 years. Last year showed a team not talented or deep enough. But also showed a team not prepared or ready to play.
:orly: Tough to read tone I guess, maybe you should re-read it without assuming the worst in everyone?

Further, I clearly don't understand these contradictory statements you make:

"I think the coaches are doing a very good job recruiting."

"Last year showed a team not talented or deep enough."
Dear Karma,

HiCountryCowboy
Ranch Hand

Time will tell and nothing counts until February, but right now we are seemingly getting crushed in recruiting. Coming out of summer camps with high schoolers, we have one commitment w/zero stars (i know, I know, stars don't mean everything). However, csu already has 11 committed with 4 at 3 stars. This would leave me to believe, in part, that high schoolers aren't buying into the message - especially with a magnificent 2-10 result as validation. I don't really see how Bohl has all that much more time to put a winner out there. It's not about fans but the pipeline. Just f'ing win already!!!
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

HiCountryCowboy wrote:Time will tell and nothing counts until February, but right now we are seemingly getting crushed in recruiting. Coming out of summer camps with high schoolers, we have one commitment w/zero stars (i know, I know, stars don't mean everything). However, csu already has 11 committed with 4 at 3 stars. This would leave me to believe, in part, that high schoolers aren't buying into the message - especially with a magnificent 2-10 result as validation. I don't really see how Bohl has all that much more time to put a winner out there. It's not about fans but the pipeline. Just f'ing win already!!!
From what I have heard, there are a few commitments that haven't been announced yet. Recruiting is a big unknown. Most of our best players were under the radar 2* guys. Because of that, not too worried at this point.

I agree about winning. And, think we are getting much closer to Bohl ball. Bohl hasn't taken short cuts at all during his rebuild. And, I think most fans understand this and are willing to give him time. Four years minimum.

You want to see some drastic changes? Look at the starting line-up last year to begin the year. Small, out of position, and lack of depth. Most of those guys are back and much bigger. And, many of the starters to begin the year last year are now in back up rolls.

http://wyo-platform-prod.silverchalice. ... 78b37ad719

pgs 66 and 67
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

I'm not concerned about recruiting. I rarely compare with other programs because there are a lot of factors that make for poor comparisons.

What's most important is what someone can do once he gets to campus. How many stars did Brian Hill have? He's gonna go down as one of the greatest Pokes ever. How about Andrew Wingard? Carl Granderson?
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
HiCountryCowboy
Ranch Hand

joshvanklomp wrote:I'm not concerned about recruiting. I rarely compare with other programs because there are a lot of factors that make for poor comparisons.

What's most important is what someone can do once he gets to campus. How many stars did Brian Hill have? He's gonna go down as one of the greatest Pokes ever. How about Andrew Wingard? Carl Granderson?
Fair enough, but 11:1 vs our closest peer/rival at this point perks the ears, no?