Three defensive stats that must improve

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 31 times

http://www.wyonation.com/2016/08/three- ... ball-2016/

Chad did some blogging. Have a read!
ImageImageImageImage
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Agree. Better pressure on the QB will help in so many ways!
gopokes1399
Blog Team

Need to cause more turnovers and third down, as mentioned is going to be huge
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

I'm not sure that Prosser is a D1 size. How many programs have a starting D end at 215 lbs?
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

marcuswyo wrote:I'm not sure that Prosser is a D1 size. How many programs have a starting D end at 215 lbs?
I think that has more to do with age. When you have a program that can play way more upperclassmen, you don't really notice the younger guys' weight as much because they aren't starting. We don't have that luxury yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Class standing certainly may account for some of that, but Shiloh Windsor is a true fresh at 225. Another comparison would be Eddie coming in at 235 or John fletcher coming in at 230. Bohl seems to be getting better with recruiting players at traditional weights this last class.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

marcuswyo wrote:Class standing certainly may account for some of that, but Shiloh Windsor is a true fresh at 225. Another comparison would be Eddie coming in at 235 or John fletcher coming in at 230. Bohl seems to be getting better with recruiting players at traditional weights this last class.
Yeah definitely. OL coming in near a playing weight. Prosser was a LB in high school I think.

W-Y, Until I Die!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

marcuswyo wrote:I'm not sure that Prosser is a D1 size. How many programs have a starting D end at 215 lbs?
Remember, Carl Granderson was 185 lbs when he signed. 18 months later and he's up to 243 lbs.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
Wicks
Blog Team
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

I have amended the post to now read: returning defensive ends Carl Granderson and Kevin Prosser who are now approaching the proper size to play Division I football.

That should clean things up :cool:
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

He's not D-1 size for a DE, but the hope is he's exceptionally talented. He's apparently exceptionally fast, at least.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

LanderPoke wrote:
He's not D-1 size for a DE, but the hope is he's exceptionally talented. He's apparently exceptionally fast, at least.
And who's to say he can't pull a Granderson and continues to grow and fill out?
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:
Let's hope our strength coach can create some more gains like what we're seeing with Granderson, and less guys who can't fill out like Wacha. Not saying Wacha doesn't work hard in the weight room, genetics can be a bitch, but if we're going to be successful then Granderson's weight gain should be the expectation, not the exception.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

cali2wyo wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:
Let's hope our strength coach can create some more gains like what we're seeing with Granderson, and less guys who can't fill out like Wacha. Not saying Wacha doesn't work hard in the weight room, genetics can be a bitch, but if we're going to be successful then Granderson's weight gain should be the expectation, not the exception.
Couldn't have said it better myself
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

cali2wyo wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:
We should expect that all 19 year olds are able to gain 50 pounds in 6 months? That seems like you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

There's a reason why Granderson's weight gain made news outlets all around Wyoming. It's not because it's the expectation. It's because it was remarkable.

I agree that the new weight coach is doing better than the War Daddy that couldn't add weight to our front seven in two full seasons. Still, if you're expecting every 18 year old to add 50 pounds in 6 months, you're going to be upset with the results.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

Cowboy Junky wrote:
cali2wyo wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:
We should expect that all 19 year olds are able to gain 50 pounds in 6 months? That seems like you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

There's a reason why Granderson's weight gain made news outlets all around Wyoming. It's not because it's the expectation. It's because it was remarkable.

I agree that the new weight coach is doing better than the War Daddy that couldn't add weight to our front seven in two full seasons. Still, if you're expecting every 18 year old to add 50 pounds in 6 months, you're going to be upset with the results.
Although I want to bash the SEC and the most likely use of Barry Bonds cream, their recruits come in D-1 ready. Most of ours do not. We can't and won't be a contender until our recruits are more D-1 ready or we get to the point where we don't need to play so many underclassmen

W-Y, Until I Die!