UNLV still tryin' for a dome

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

ImageImageImageImage
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 11 times

Dome is the way to go.
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

If they build in this location, a dome is an absolute must due to the proximity to the airport. Noise from air traffic would render the place useless for concerts if the stadium isn't domed. Also, SouthWest Airlines pilot's association has expressed concerns about light shows/fireworks in an open stadium in that area posing a huge problem for aircraft arriving and leaving McCarran. If they build by UNLV, a dome is the only way to make this project feasible.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

Not college football related but.....

http://news.sportslogos.net/2016/08/25/ ... las-vegas/

Another reason to get a dome built?
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

I prefer domes with retractable roofs.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

alyssa wrote:I prefer domes with retractable roofs.
$$$$$$$$$$$
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

CowboyNV wrote:If they build in this location, a dome is an absolute must due to the proximity to the airport. Noise from air traffic would render the place useless for concerts if the stadium isn't domed. Also, SouthWest Airlines pilot's association has expressed concerns about light shows/fireworks in an open stadium in that area posing a huge problem for aircraft arriving and leaving McCarran. If they build by UNLV, a dome is the only way to make this project feasible.
That's good info. What was unclear to me.. would the Rebs and Raiders be sharing a dome, or would the Raiders have their own place?
ImageImageImageImage
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy

Initially, the Raiders were talking about building a stadium just for the NFL team, and then the idea was floated that UNLV could use it as well.

http://www.rgj.com/story/news/2016/01/2 ... /79490838/

Since the proposed site is right by UNLV, if they build it, it looks like UNLV will share the facilities. That makes sense, especially the way things are now with Sam Boyd Stadium being so far away from campus. A lot more big money men are now in the picture, so this thing really could happen. I think 65,000 is a little low for an NFL franchise, but evidently the NFL is fine with it.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

CowboyNV wrote:I think 65,000 is a little low for an NFL franchise, but evidently the NFL is fine with it.
It's not too bad. The new Vikings stadium is at 66,000.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy

joshvanklomp wrote:
CowboyNV wrote:I think 65,000 is a little low for an NFL franchise, but evidently the NFL is fine with it.
It's not too bad. The new Vikings stadium is at 66,000.
You are right JVK. 65,000 would make it bigger than the Arizona Cardinals stadium as well. I'm just of the opinion that if you are going to build it, make it similar to the stadium in Dallas with 80,000 capacity - I don't think they will have any problems filling it for pro games...UNLV games would be a different story.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

CowboyNV wrote:Initially, the Raiders were talking about building a stadium just for the NFL team, and then the idea was floated that UNLV could use it as well.

Since the proposed site is right by UNLV, if they build it, it looks like UNLV will share the facilities. That makes sense, especially the way things are now with Sam Boyd Stadium being so far away from campus. A lot more big money men are now in the picture, so this thing really could happen. I think 65,000 is a little low for an NFL franchise, but evidently the NFL is fine with it.
That's kind of what I thought, but I don't think 65K is too far out of line, I guess. Looks like the guy from Sands is bank rolling it?
ImageImageImageImage
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy

MrTitleist wrote:
CowboyNV wrote:Initially, the Raiders were talking about building a stadium just for the NFL team, and then the idea was floated that UNLV could use it as well.

That's kind of what I thought, but I don't think 65K is too far out of line, I guess. Looks like the guy from Sands is bank rolling it?
Here is the latest skinny on things:

http://www.reviewjournal.com/business/s ... 9b-stadium
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

MrTitleist wrote:
CowboyNV wrote:If they build in this location, a dome is an absolute must due to the proximity to the airport. Noise from air traffic would render the place useless for concerts if the stadium isn't domed. Also, SouthWest Airlines pilot's association has expressed concerns about light shows/fireworks in an open stadium in that area posing a huge problem for aircraft arriving and leaving McCarran. If they build by UNLV, a dome is the only way to make this project feasible.
That's good info. What was unclear to me.. would the Rebs and Raiders be sharing a dome, or would the Raiders have their own place?
If they do share a stadium, at least SDSU will have competition in the contest for the American sports franchise that averages the most empty seats per home game.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Qualcomm sucks went there in 2004, for a UW SDSU game, never again