Wildcatter suites??...

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 11 times

Why didn't we build the wildcatter suites any better or all the way across. ?? Its like we half ass things. the Utah state stadium sux, but their suites design way better than ours. The AD has to do a better job of approving poop like this. If we don't have the money to build better ones, than we should wait until we do.
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

I agree. I have never been impressed with our luxury boxes or press box. They look very amateur.
I'm good for 3!
GoPokes86
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 10 times

If they would've extended it the ends of the upper level they would look a lot better. I don't like the fact that in a true sellout for a game there are seats that you can't see the field.

Also a huge gripe of mine that people can drink up there, but no beer sales in the stadium.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

i'd sure like to try sitting in a suite one time, maybe soon
HiCountryCowboy
Ranch Hand

stymeman wrote:i'd sure like to try sitting in a suite one time, maybe soon
Suites suck for watching football (if you care about one of the teams playing). Very stale - too many curmudgeons. I can see the appeal when its below 20 degrees, but still not worth it. Just let us peons buy a beer like the rest of those in the box and all will be better.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 230 times

stymeman wrote:i'd sure like to try sitting in a suite one time, maybe soon
There is a lot of distractions from the actual game in the suites. Except when it is really really cold, I prefer the stands by far.

The food is a great perk however! Hit up the suites before the game for food and beer and then go down for the actual game!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

Cornpoke wrote:I agree. I have never been impressed with our luxury boxes or press box. They look very amateur.
I disagree. The Wildcatter was for the most part pretty well done.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 144 times

OrediggerPoke wrote:
Cornpoke wrote:I agree. I have never been impressed with our luxury boxes or press box. They look very amateur.
I think they look sharp. Never been inside but they look top notch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!
SnowyRange
Ranch Hand

The Wildcatter is fantastic....everything is well done up there.

Both the main venue and the suites are great, nice for game viewing, hobnobbing, and for other events the other 359 or so days of the year.

For football, I go there by invitation, so there's always a certain social element to it that in no way, shape or form you would have in the stands. A good chunk of people up there are very focused on the game, but there's no question you feel a distance from a game when you're in that kind of setting, and no question it's easier to get distracted.

If you want a classic college football experience, nothing beats sitting in the stands. But that doesn't mean the Wildcatter isn't excellent.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 119 times

OrediggerPoke wrote:
They are decent (nice) inside, but...

1. No kitchen(s). Are you kidding me? Who in their right GD mind, builds a luxury box without a full service / completely equipped kitchen? MAJOR F.U. there.

2. They are stale on game days, for the most part. They are a place for the elite to go, to witness a game, without having to cheer loud, or be too "engaged" in what is going on 200 feet below them (and without risk of any weather*). *See thread on dome construction at the War - LOL!

3. Construction, not going to the edges of the upper deck, was another MAJOR F.U. For many reasons, but certainly for the loss of revenue from having 2 additional boxes.
Last edited by McPeachy on Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

SnowyRange wrote:The Wildcatter is fantastic....everything is well done up there.

Both the main venue and the suites are great, nice for game viewing, hobnobbing, and for other events the other 359 or so days of the year.

For football, I go there by invitation, so there's always a certain social element to it that in no way, shape or form you would have in the stands. A good chunk of people up there are very focused on the game, but there's no question you feel a distance from a game when you're in that kind of setting, and no question it's easier to get distracted.

If you want a classic college football experience, nothing beats sitting in the stands. But that doesn't mean the Wildcatter isn't excellent.
:orly: See my post above. It is far from being "well done up there". Are you, in fact, Tom Burman, or a Tom Burman spokesman?
Dear Karma,

cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

I once got on the elevator to go up to the AD's box (next to the press box, before the wildcatter was built) just before kickoff and I finally got up there halfway through the 2nd quarter... are the elevators at least a normal speed going up to the wildcatter?
SnowyRange
Ranch Hand

:orly: See my post above. It is far from being "well done up there". Are you, in fact, Tom Burman, or a Tom Burman spokesman?
Yeah, I saw your post.

As usual, you're in the vast minority.

Carry on!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

SnowyRange wrote:
Yeah, I saw your post.

As usual, you're in the vast minority.

Carry on!
Hard to admit you don't have a clue what you are talking about? In denial maybe?

My points are spot on accurate and valid - as anyone with half a brain would realize. You may not want to ever admit that, but I guarantee you there are major regrets (by almost everyone that was involved) not having a fully equipped kitchen built in, and also expanding the suites to the edge of the upper deck.

Just keep pumping that sunshine if it makes you feel important and knowledgeable I guess. Maybe your wish will someday come true, and we can all form a big circle around you (our pivot guy), and have a massive circle jerk.
Dear Karma,

McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

cali2wyo wrote:I once got on the elevator to go up to the AD's box (next to the press box, before the wildcatter was built) just before kickoff and I finally got up there halfway through the 2nd quarter... are the elevators at least a normal speed going up to the wildcatter?
So true! Easier to walk up and enter on the North side!

To answer your question, the elevators & system, work well on game days. Polar opposite from the old fieldhouse elevator to the press box!
Dear Karma,

elfletcho
Ranch Hand

I had a big ole response to this abortion of a thread but then realized you guys just felt like bitching. Getting antsy before the season opener I guess.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 144 times

Could things have been done better? Yes. Are they still pretty sweet? Yes

W-Y, Until I Die!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

laxwyo wrote:Could things have been done better? Yes. Are they still pretty sweet? Yes

Absolutely! I don't get the bitching on this one either. It's either damned if you or damned if you don't.

The only thing that I believe is fair game to bitch about on this one is the lack of beer in the stands when there is beer in the Wildcatter.