Whats the latest on Brett Smith?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
castlerocker
Cowpoke

I heard he was on some practice squad somewhere but that was some time ago.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Signed to the Ottawa practice squad on July 4, but not listed on the roster now and no other transactions with him reported, so not sure.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
AKPoke
Buckaroo

I've been following Brett through his CFL experience. He was released by Ottawa on August 2. I verified it on the CFL's transactions page (http://www.cfl.ca/transactions/). Ottawa basically had some injury issues with their QB's and Brett was the practice squad QB. But all of Ottawa's QB's are back and healthy (though they appear to be struggling a little bit).

Hopefully he gets another shot somewhere.
PDR
Buckaroo

Brett is in Laramie and on campus taking courses. He is also interning in the athletic department. As for the other BS about faux twitter handles and such, I have no idea what some of you are talking about. I don't know how many times I have to tell you I have no other representatives but myself. Other than that, I guess you may think what you wish, I'm no worse for wear either way. Radio show coming up Monday.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 230 times

PDR wrote:Brett is in Laramie and on campus taking courses.
This is true. Kudos to Brett for 'swallowing his pride' and finishing his degree!
dutchgunz
Buckaroo

not to beat a dead horse but...He never should have left early. yeah I know hindsight is 20 but he got bad advice. Woulda, shoulda, coulda....just wish he would have had a year with coach Bohl.