Depth Chart

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

Bohl said he was going to release a depth chart for game 1 this week, has anybody seen that? They still have the pre-fall one up on gowyo
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 32 times

Depth chart usually gets released on Mondays before his weekly press conference.
ImageImageImageImage
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

So it should be tomorrow then? Cool thanks
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 142 times

Sounds like Hall is starting over Prosser but both will see plenty of time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

Anyone have a link to the depth chart?
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Who is Hall?
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 32 times

https://twitter.com/BFoster91/status/770319265127731200 Haven't looked for the official PDF posted to UWs site yet.
ImageImageImageImage
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote:Who is Hall?
Josiah Hall RS Freshmen. Walkon

This is all from the Bohl press conference. Made is sound like Hall is starting because of size versus NI's 3 RS senior line. That was my impression anyway
Last edited by laxwyo on Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
W-Y, Until I Die!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Appleby and May have been at Wyoming for 21 years.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Our defensive line is small as hell and with Stanard as our defensive coordinator I am not feeling that great about that part of our team.

Hope our offense can score cause I think our defense will give up points. Hope I am wrong but don't see how we will be able to stop the run with that small of a line.

Most of our games will probably be high scoring.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

What the hell has happened to the d line since Fletcher, Unrein, and Givens graduated? Our nose guard is 268 pounds and "six feet". If Chase is 6'0" tall, I'm 9'4".

http://wyomingcowboysblog.com/
Last edited by Cowboy Junky on Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

seattlecowboy wrote:Our defensive line is small as hell and with Stanard as our defensive coordinator I am not feeling that great about that part of our team.

Hope our offense can score cause I think our defense will give up points. Hope I am wrong but don't see how we will be able to stop the run with that small of a line.

DEs are small, DT isn't too bad.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

Afton, Wy on the O line!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

LanderPoke wrote:
seattlecowboy wrote:Our defensive line is small as hell and with Stanard as our defensive coordinator I am not feeling that great about that part of our team.

DEs are small, DT isn't too bad.
The starting nose guard and DT are small for their positions. The back ups are good enough size but if they were that great they would be starting. I agree that basically 280 isn't horrible size for DT but honestly you want someone more in the 295 to 300+ lb area. Having our DT at 280 but then having the NG at 268 and both DE below 250 that isn't ideal for us. I wouldn't be as worried if our D-Coordinator was a proven coach but ours has never shown the ability to game plan for crap anywhere he has been so that is why I'm worried about it. Anyways I hope I am wrong and our guys and DC prove me wrong.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
Poke in Billings
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time

Week 1, 2 deep depth chart:

offense: 7 sr, 4 jr, 8 so, 3 fr
defense: 4 sr, 4 jr, 9 so, 5 fr

...still an extremely young squad
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Poke in Billings wrote:...still an extremely young squad
Very much so!

I know people have said it's Year 3 so Bohl's guys should have gained enough experience but it's not always that easy. There will still be growing pains this year. Just because some of these guys played as freshmen last year doesn't mean the unit is suddenly an experienced group back there.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
HiCountryCowboy
Ranch Hand

Not trying to call anyone out, but there is always going to be youth - it's college. Enough of the built in excuses. Win some gd football games already! Can't tolerate seeing any more peer institutions rise and fall and rise again while we continue to wait to dig out of some hole left by the previous coach. Find your fortitude 'Boys (starting this week)!
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

To be fair John Fletcher played at 270 his senior year. A lot of these guys aren't far off. What we are missing is a Fred Givens or a Mike Purcell, or even a Kurt Tasafua, all three were good big defensive tackles. Kind of weird that DC had a horrible defense but was still able to get two DT tackles into the NFl ( along with a safety and a linebacker drafted). I hope Sydney M. or Ghaifan come in and steal a starting spot on the line. They seem to have the right size.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Actually the depth chart I found from 2009 shows that givens, fletcher, and unrein as all being under 300lbs. The current line appears to be bigger than the 2009 line ( as far as interior, if I remember correctly DC attempted to run a 4/3 his first year). We still have to be the lightest DEs in D1 football.

http://sidearm.sites.s3.amazonaws.com/c ... odepth.pdf
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

marcuswyo wrote:To be fair John Fletcher played at 270 his senior year. A lot of these guys aren't far off. What we are missing is a Fred Givens or a Mike Purcell, or even a Kurt Tasafua, all three were good big defensive tackles. Kind of weird that DC had a horrible defense but was still able to get two DT tackles into the NFl ( along with a safety and a linebacker drafted). I hope Sydney M. or Ghaifan come in and steal a starting spot on the line. They seem to have the right size.
John Fletcher played DE in a 3-4 defense at 6'7 270lbs. Kind of a different animal there.