Thoughts from Fargo

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
kab1one
Buckaroo

First off great win. I stayed up and watched until 340 am central.

Over the past two years I've watched coach Bohl and the Cowboys with an interest to see if he could turn the program around

First drive on defense you could see the difference from prior years. More speed and ability to get off the field. Last year end of first quarter this game is 17 to 0. This year competitive. Even at 13 to 3 the Cowboys weren't getting outplayed

Coach Bohl's folksy demeanor. "We are progressing". Many will say coach speak. He did the same 10 years in Fargo. He delivered. You can see it with the Cowboys. Give him another year or two with his players and more recruits you will have something to be proud of.

What it will lead to is an understated stats from saturday. Time of procession. Early on it was 16 to 8. Later in game 30 to 18.
That is Bohl's style. With strong dual threat running. Short dink and dunk passing. Btw you got a qb. Allen was impressive. You will control the ball and just wear teams out.

Vigen. Get used to it. But it gets better. The two fourth quarter 3 and outs will become game finishing drives. Again lived the frustration of 3 and out and not closing out games. Until the drives eventually became closers

Someone noted bohl /vigen teams didn't necessarily blow people out. They beat u. That is what the Cowboys did to niu

Wishing coach bohl the Cowboys all the success this and in coming years
Last edited by kab1one on Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kab1one
Buckaroo

Sent from iPhone instead of computer. Should have proofed

Coach bohl versus boho

Great game. Not hear

Just Wear them out. Not where
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 141 times

kab1one wrote:Sent from iPhone instead of computer. Should have proofed

Coach bohl versus boho

Great game. Not hear

Just Wear them out. Not where
You can just edit the original post. This isn't a text message.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!
lakesbison
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Yea, I haven't been around much (having a 1 year old & a new boss will do that)

But I had to text John Rich yesterday and congrats him and the coaches on a great game, very exciting!
Lots of Buzz in Fargo & BisoNation with your 3 OT win!

Ive been telling you guys for 2+ years now, patience and you will build a confident program much like NDSU's.

Good job!
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

lakesbison wrote:Yea, I haven't been around much (having a 1 year old & a new boss will do that)

But I had to text John Rich yesterday and congrats him and the coaches on a great game, very exciting!

Ive been telling you guys for 2+ years now, patience and you will build a confident program much like NDSU's.

Good job!
And not being a Wyoming fan doesn't help matters...
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

wyokoke wrote:
lakesbison wrote:Yea, I haven't been around much (having a 1 year old & a new boss will do that)

Good job!
I should ask mugtang if lakes has actually been banned from the MWC board. Doubtful, but might be worth looking into.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 43 times

fromolwyoming wrote:
wyokoke wrote:

Good job!
I should ask mugtang if lakes has actually been banned from the MWC board. Doubtful, but might be worth looking into.
I know he's been banned for good on a South Dakota State fan board I joined several years ago. I only made about 10-15 posts total on there. They hate him there.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

Wyokie wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote:
wyokoke wrote:

Good job!
I know he's been banned for good on a South Dakota State fan board I joined several years ago. I only made about 10-15 posts total on there. They hate him everywhere.
FIFY
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

wyokoke wrote:
Wyokie wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote:
wyokoke wrote:

Good job!
I know he's been banned for good on a South Dakota State fan board I joined several years ago. I only made about 10-15 posts total on there. They hate him everywhere.
FIFY
I've noticed. Can't believe I'm saying this...he makes the BYU z$%z#$% tolerable!!!!! And we all know....I HATE BYU!!!!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 300 times
Been liked: 119 times

kab1one wrote:Vigen. Get used to it. But it gets better. The two fourth quarter 3 and outs will become game finishing drives. Again lived the frustration of 3 and out and not closing out games. Until the drives eventually became closers

Someone noted bohl /vigen teams didn't necessarily blow people out. They beat u. That is what the Cowboys did to niu
They what? I am confused. Who did they beat?
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
kab1one
Buckaroo

Bohl coached teams don't blow you out of games. Past history was closer games. But at the end of the game they have physically beaten the other teams. So like Saturday/Sunday, the game was close, they had chances to open the game up score wise, but Vigen went conservative with power game. Game got closer, but at the end of the game, whether, time of possession, altitude or pounding of the line. They beat up on NIU.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 300 times
Been liked: 119 times

kab1one wrote:Bohl coached teams don't blow you out of games.
Clearly...given the history, as you indicated. Probably THE primary reason for him not ever making it to a P5 school - the grind out wins, don't get you in the playoffs. You have to destroy opponents to get the nod these days. I guess he could change, but all you NDSU boys keep telling us that will never be the case.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
lakesbison
Cowpoke

I told you guys to be patient.... its starting to pay off.

congrats. some NDSU fans are still butthurt about bohls departure but most of us know that he and staff are successful

(im on every Board cept sdsufans.com they are idiots)
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

lakesbison wrote:(im on every Board cept sdsufans.com they are idiots)
Interesting.....I'm a member on that board. Granted I hadn't posted on there since December 8, 2013 but I do check on it from time to time. I post there as OKC Poke, my original name when I was on GWG years ago.

They royally hate your guts. BTW, they are not idiots.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

Wyokie wrote:
Interesting.....I'm a member on that board. Granted I hadn't posted on there since December 8, 2013 but I do check on it from time to time. I post there as OKC Poke, my original name when I was on GWG years ago.

Not just "they"
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

wyokoke wrote:
Wyokie wrote:

Not just "they"
I know. Several other boards I've visited as a guest over the years KNOW him very well....and NOT in a good way either.
lakesbison
Cowpoke

so what.

id rather talk about how bohl & company are doing... you can search my posts over last 2 years here... 99% of them is lakesbison telling you guys to be patient and the culture of winning will come. proud of wyoming!!
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

99% of them are you talking about that D2 team from Fargo. GTFO
lakesbison
Cowpoke

d2? really? puhlease.....
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 596 times
Been liked: 238 times

I must have missed why we hate lakebison... Anyway, yeah. I can see it. This is certainly the high water mark of Bohl's Pokes. More to come, I think!