Season Defining Week For Nevada and WYO

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Nevada_Wolf_Pack
Buckaroo

This Saturday is gonna say a lot about Nevada and Wyoming! Both teams have road games, and both can really define their seasons by coming out with a huge win this weekend. Nevada @ Purdue and WHO @ Eastern Michigan. The biggest challenge winning these games is being on the road. The Pack and Pokes match up with their respective opponents very well, but Nev or Wyo have been strong on the road. War Memorial and Mackay Stadium is where Wyoming and Nevada usually shine the most. It's hard to argue altitude gives both programs a boost at home. Especially when teams are visiting from sea level like a lot of the Mountain West teams are from. If Nevada can beat Purdue and Wyoming Eastern Michigan, I think both teams are well on their way to getting seven plus wins and going to a bowl. Wyoming has a really bad taste in their mouth from last year losing to EMU so I believe the Pokes are gonna be pretty pissed off and ready to take it to the Eagles. As far as Nevada? I believe they are ready to punch Purdue in the mouth and get a 10 point victory! Wyoming 38 EMU 17. Nevada 28 Purdue 18. Hope I'm right!
"The Strength Of The Wolf Is In The Pack." :evil: :twisted:
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

I don't think anyone would blame Nevada for dropping one on the road to a B1G opponent, but OTOH if Wyoming doesn't defeat EMU there's going to be some major head shaking.
Last edited by LanderPoke on Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

:lol:
Nevada_Wolf_Pack
Buckaroo

Eastern Michigan seems pretty solid this year compared to most years, but I think the Pokes are gonna take care of business no problem. Especially since a bad taste has been lingering for one year. You would think the coaches and players would have this game circled. I mean it's obvious EMU is a lot tougher at home vs on the road, but I think WYO will win the battle up front and cruise to a win. Nevada on the other hand is capable of winning this game of they can establish the run and shut down Purdues running game. Purdues QB has thrown a lot of interceptions already and Nevada is ranked 8th in pass defense so stopping their run is key. If Nevada plays like they did against buffalo last week they should get the W. This week is pretty big for both Mountain West programs. Especially when it comes to momentum heading into conference play. I'm pretty excited to see what happens.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

I myself picked UNR to beat Purdue on Saturday. Nevada isn't terrible, and the Boilermakers have been a dumpster fire for a few years now. It might be a close game either way, but I see UNR pulling it out.
Nevada_Wolf_Pack
Buckaroo

I will be pullin for the Pokes tomorrow night! Mountain West! Nevada is pretty far from "Terrible" this year. And with 10 bowl appearances in 11 years they are a pretty stable program. Nevada isn't Boise State, but they definitely belong in the Mountain West. WYO, Fresno, Utah State, CSU, Air Force, San Diego State have all had similar success in the past. It's a great conference to be in! Mountain West should be Power 6 behind the Pac-12 in my opinion. Top to bottom we kill the MAC. Better than Conference USA too!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Nevada_Wolf_Pack wrote:I will be pullin for the Pokes tomorrow night! Mountain West! Nevada is pretty far from "Terrible" this year. And with 10 bowl appearances in 11 years they are a pretty stable program. Nevada isn't Boise State, but they definitely belong in the Mountain West.
I decided to research this as I was curious how the rest of the MWC would stack up (and I'm up at 6 am and can't sleep). Bowl appearances in last 11 years....

Boise State 11
Nevada 10
Air Force 8
Fresno State 8
San Diego State 6
Colorado State 5
Utah State 5
Hawai'i 4
New Mexico 3
San Jose State 3
Wyoming 2
Nevada Las Vegas 1
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
CodyPoke
Ranch Hand

Wow. I did not realize how few bowl appearances we have had compared to the rest of the conference. Hopefully our bottom feeder days are behind us!
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

It would not be a season defining win but a loss most definitely would likely be season defining.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

You play to win the game. You don't play not to lose. Take it to them Pokes.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

CodyPoke wrote:Wow. I did not realize how few bowl appearances we have had compared to the rest of the conference. Hopefully our bottom feeder days are behind us!
ME TOO!!!!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

WYCowboy wrote:You play to win the game. You don't play not to lose. Take it to them Pokes.
Exactly. Playing not to lose is the best way to give momentum and confidence to your opponent.
Nevada_Wolf_Pack
Buckaroo

Well I thought the Pokes did some really good things tonight. They definitely outplayed EMU and the defense had an fierce pass rush! They were getting to Porter and causing him to throw tons of pics. Eagles got lucky. I think the defense had arrived for WYO, but the offense kinda took the night off. The O Line was missing a lot of blocking assignments on run plays. It's hard to get the passing game going when the running game is stuck in neutral. I'm not feeling very good about the Pack tomorrow morning.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 3 times

Nevada_Wolf_Pack wrote:Well I thought the Pokes did some really good things tonight. They definitely outplayed EMU and the defense had an fierce pass rush! They were getting to Porter and causing him to throw tons of pics. Eagles got lucky. I think the defense had arrived for WYO, but the offense kinda took the night off. The O Line was missing a lot of blocking assignments on run plays. It's hard to get the passing game going when the running game is stuck in neutral. I'm not feeling very good about the Pack tomorrow morning.
I can appreciate the cynicism. We deserve it.
Nevada_Wolf_Pack
Buckaroo

I was definitely pullin for WHO tonight. I always do except vs Nevada. I still think the Pokes are a good team this year. This loss could actually turn the season around from here! It's a crossroads moment no question about it, but how the team responds after this loss will tell the story for the remainder of the season.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 3 times

Nevada_Wolf_Pack wrote:I was definitely pullin for WHO tonight. I always do except vs Nevada. I still think the Pokes are a good team this year. This loss could actually turn the season around from here! It's a crossroads moment no question about it, but how the team responds after this loss will tell the story for the remainder of the season.

:rofl:
Nevada_Wolf_Pack
Buckaroo

WYO... My fault. Lol
oumatt
Buckaroo

Nevada_Wolf_Pack wrote: This loss could actually turn the season around from here! It's a crossroads moment no question about it, but how the team responds after this loss will tell the story for the remainder of the season.
Are you joking? All momentum heading into conference play was lost. National tv game against a bottom dweller from the MAC and Bohl lays an egg. O passing TDs from a QB touted as a Bohl protege ala Wentz. This loss has the rest of the MWC laughing. Season is over.