Vigen needs

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

LanderPoke wrote:Two drives to pick up a first down or put points on the board and this game is ours. 3 and out twice in the 4th qtr!!!! ugh. Are we trying to be this bad on third and short?
Apparently, since all Vigen seems to call is run straight up the middle. And everyone and their dead ancestors know it's coming.
castlerocker
Cowpoke

Somebody tell me why an offensive lineman (who knows what the count is) can continually false start and the opposing defensive linemen don't.

Our O-linemen have hurt the team almost every game this year. Last night it cost us the game. Fourth and 1/2 became fourth and 5 1/2. End of the game.
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

WyomingAg wrote:
Asmodeanreborn wrote:When you play not to lose, you almost always lose.
Yep. His playcalling is all playing not to lose. How many games in a row are we going to run up the middle every 3rd down and get stuffed 90% of the time. After 4 games we still run it up the middle nearly every 3rd down. Not hard to call a defense against us
Especially late in the game. You know he is just trying to burn the clock and put it back on the defense to get the ball back. Often times we are up only by a score. We should be burning clock and trying to score. Or even score first, burn clock second.
WyoExpat
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

marcuswyo wrote:Standard is poop too. What does that say about the head man when you hire two f-word to run your team?
Which of the two was his coordinator when we was winning multiple championships before he came to Wyoming? Did they suck just as bad when they were winning consistently too? It isn't like they were new to Coach Bohl's staff when he moved to U.W.
WyoExpat
Cowpoke

castlerocker wrote:Somebody tell me why an offensive lineman (who knows what the count is) can continually false start and the opposing defensive linemen don't.

Our O-linemen have hurt the team almost every game this year. Last night it cost us the game. Fourth and 1/2 became fourth and 5 1/2. End of the game.
Perhaps the O-linemen feel enough slower than the opposing D-linemen that our O-linemen are anxious to get a block on the D-linemen?

On the other hand, if you are a D-lineman that knows he has the quickness to beat the guy in front of you, then it is easier to wait on the snap...?
WyoExpat
Cowpoke

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:Two drives to pick up a first down or put points on the board and this game is ours. 3 and out twice in the 4th qtr!!!! ugh. Are we trying to be this bad on third and short?
Same thing got us that overtime thriller to start the year. We were in the exact same position and instead of salting away the win in the fourth we ran the same 3 plays and punted. We have got to be the most predictable team in football
So, by extension, this is all about trickery and not about just being tougher. The great teams can impose their will, even when the opponent knows what it coming. If we want to be dominant, then we need to learn to dominate. At the end of the day, we should be able to give the ball to the big beast, Hill, and go get the job done.

I almost wonder whether our problem in the two losses wasn't getting away from Hill between the tackles too soon and thereby letting the opponent take Hill out of the game for us?
Hampshire
Ranch Hand

Need to score more points against fcs teams .... from what I saw it wasn't only the defense.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

Hampshire wrote:Need to score more points against fcs teams .... from what I saw it wasn't only the defense.
We put up 45 on our FCS team this year
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 144 times

wyokoke wrote:
Hampshire wrote:Need to score more points against fcs teams .... from what I saw it wasn't only the defense.
We put up 45 on our FCS team this year
People don't understand there is other conferences in the G5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

smh, that's all I can do/say right now
LifeItself
Buckaroo

I only read the first few post on here but see where this thread was going... If we had passed (or did anything YOU would not consider "playing not to lose") and turned it over, you guys would all be screaming bloody murder. It's a no win situation on here. I don't hate the play calling... We simply didn't execute. The players lost this game at the end. This was not like the BYWho/WYO championship game... That's playing not to lose.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

We're saying, "Do something besides run up the middle, which hasn't yet worked!" Like, hit the edge, a counter, go between the guard and tackle, do a dump off pass, or something besides running up the freakin' middle when it hasn't worked in nearly ANY game we've played.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Les Miles, anyone, anyone??? LOL
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

^ I also feel like we have this we'll just have our defense win the game for us in the end mentality that almost burned us again Northern Illinois as well... we're not there yet!! Totally unfair to put it back on that group.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

stymeman wrote:Les Miles, anyone, anyone??? LOL
You mean the guy that despite years in the SEC, at one of the country's biggest names programs, with all their resources, couldn't find/develop a half-decent QB?
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 119 times

To finish the sentence...

Vigen needs, to get a boot in his ass, from his boss.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
LifeItself
Buckaroo

fromolwyoming wrote:We're saying, "Do something besides run up the middle, which hasn't yet worked!" Like, hit the edge, a counter, go between the guard and tackle, do a dump off pass, or something besides running up the freakin' middle when it hasn't worked in nearly ANY game we've played.
Running between Guard and Tackle is still running up the middle... Bottom line is we didn't execute. Got out muscled. Guess we can agree to disagree.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

I don't get why we don't pass 85% of the time? It's so much more effective at this point
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

LifeItself wrote:I only read the first few post on here but see where this thread was going... If we had passed (or did anything YOU would not consider "playing not to lose") and turned it over, you guys would all be screaming bloody murder. It's a no win situation on here. I don't hate the play calling... We simply didn't execute. The players lost this game at the end. This was not like the BYWho/WYO championship game... That's playing not to lose.
Is that you, Mr. Vigen?
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

Bump from 2 years ago. Running up the middle, being predictable, and 3 and outs. Amazing how applicable the comments still are today.