Vigen needs

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LifeItself
Buckaroo

I only read the first few post on here but see where this thread was going... If we had passed (or did anything YOU would not consider "playing not to lose") and turned it over, you guys would all be screaming bloody murder. It's a no win situation on here. I don't hate the play calling... We simply didn't execute. The players lost this game at the end. This was not like the BYWho/WYO championship game... That's playing not to lose.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

We're saying, "Do something besides run up the middle, which hasn't yet worked!" Like, hit the edge, a counter, go between the guard and tackle, do a dump off pass, or something besides running up the freakin' middle when it hasn't worked in nearly ANY game we've played.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Les Miles, anyone, anyone??? LOL
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

^ I also feel like we have this we'll just have our defense win the game for us in the end mentality that almost burned us again Northern Illinois as well... we're not there yet!! Totally unfair to put it back on that group.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

stymeman wrote:Les Miles, anyone, anyone??? LOL
You mean the guy that despite years in the SEC, at one of the country's biggest names programs, with all their resources, couldn't find/develop a half-decent QB?
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 119 times

To finish the sentence...

Vigen needs, to get a boot in his ass, from his boss.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
LifeItself
Buckaroo

fromolwyoming wrote:We're saying, "Do something besides run up the middle, which hasn't yet worked!" Like, hit the edge, a counter, go between the guard and tackle, do a dump off pass, or something besides running up the freakin' middle when it hasn't worked in nearly ANY game we've played.
Running between Guard and Tackle is still running up the middle... Bottom line is we didn't execute. Got out muscled. Guess we can agree to disagree.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

I don't get why we don't pass 85% of the time? It's so much more effective at this point
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

LifeItself wrote:I only read the first few post on here but see where this thread was going... If we had passed (or did anything YOU would not consider "playing not to lose") and turned it over, you guys would all be screaming bloody murder. It's a no win situation on here. I don't hate the play calling... We simply didn't execute. The players lost this game at the end. This was not like the BYWho/WYO championship game... That's playing not to lose.
Is that you, Mr. Vigen?
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

Bump from 2 years ago. Running up the middle, being predictable, and 3 and outs. Amazing how applicable the comments still are today.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

nothing changed
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

LanderPoke wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:01 pm nothing changed
Just different players.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Ouch!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

Remember how playing all that youth was going to pay dividends down the road? Fanboys are getting a smack of reality at this level. Sucks that we are this thin on depth and forced to play this youth at this stage of the game.

Love Bohl but so far, when competition is considered, Glenn was just as good.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

Why does Bohl always get a pass? He’s the one ultimately signing off on this offense.
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:25 pm Remember how playing all that youth was going to pay dividends down the road? Fanboys are getting a smack of reality at this level. Sucks that we are this thin on depth and forced to play this youth at this stage of the game.

Love Bohl but so far, when competition is considered, Glenn was just as good.
We haven't beaten a p5 team since Glenn was coach and it was a much harder conference then. I would say when it comes to competition, Glenn wasn't just as good he was better (at least this far)
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

This staff can identify and develop talent but not to the level required to kick ass at this level.

If the talent is better, this staff can win games. If not, this staff is not a mythical win generator.

Like it's always been; recruiting matters most. I liked Glenn and I would say that is about what Bohl and company are. Don't make the same mistake twice. Bohl is by far the best option. He'll have some good seasons. BSU, we won't be.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:37 pm This staff can identify and develop talent but not to the level required to kick ass at this level.

If the talent is better, this staff can win games. If not, this staff is not a mythical win generator.

Like it's always been; recruiting matters most. I liked Glenn and I would say that is about what Bohl and company are. Don't make the same mistake twice. Bohl is by far the best option. He'll have some good seasons. BSU, we won't be.
Agree. Bohl's whole philosophy is to ground and pound the other team down until they are too tired in the 4th qtr and you can start over taking them and tiring them out.

That only works when you have superior talent which he had at NDSU. It will never work at Wyoming. Not against bigger schools anyways.

Best to hope for with Bohl is an 8 or 9 win season. Won't ever go to a NY6 game with him or that philosophy and won't win the conference most years. Will get you to a few bowl games because half of our schedule is so bad. That is it. Guess if that is success to Wyoming then so be it. Kinda disappointing to me.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:37 pm This staff can identify and develop talent but not to the level required to kick ass at this level.

These kind of statements aggrevate me. Why can't we have the BSU program? That should be what we are striving for. Don't take that as me saying we should change the whole staff or scheme right now. But I hope Wyoming administration never settles for 8 wins and the potato bowl as the best we can be and that's it. BSU found a formula that worked between administration, coaches, schemes, facilities, recruiting, advertising, etc. I hope Wyoming keeps looking for that formula and doesnt give up as if this is as good as it gets.

Christensen had top 25 offenses and recruited offensive talent here, and had offensive talent across several years. Glenn and Bohl have had top 25 defenses and have recruited defensive talent here and had it across several years. Glenn beat p5 schools year after year. What we need is to put all of that together and put it together for a couple years in a row and all the sudden we would have a BSU program.

I refuse to believe that our best we can be us to only get 6 to 8 wins and mediocre bowls just because our name is Wyoming.
Bigdalaska
Buckaroo

Play #26 dumb ass