Progress?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Not sure if losing to EMU two years in a row counts as progress. We have a legit shot of not winning another game this year. Bohl is way behind schedule. He's worse than Christensen at year three. We are lucky we are 2 &2 and not 1 & 3. He made the same mistake as Glenn in hiring fcs coordinators. Christensen & Glenn were fired for 5 and 4 win seasons, those seasons would be banner years for this coaching staff. FCS coaching doesn't translate to the MW. Here's to year 4,5, & 6 of the Bohl era! Will be more of the same A gap runs and 200lb d lineman and line backers. End of rant :cry:
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

Maybe Vigen lost all but one page of his playbook.
HiCountryCowboy
Ranch Hand

NDSU wouldn't take Bohl, Vigen, and/or Standard back. They would dismantle Wyoming on the field if they got the chance.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Cant really bitch at this point of FCS coordinators, there are a number of FCS teams that would beat us handedly. Imagine the beating that would be Wyoming Vs. North Dakota State.... FCS, FBS, who cares. Vigen and Stanard would be garbage as junior high coordinators.
Poke-proud
Cowpoke

HiCountryCowboy wrote:NDSU wouldn't take Bohl, Vigen, and/or Standard back. They would dismantle Wyoming on the field if they got the chance.
NDSU would dismantle us.
It would be worse than the Neb loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Cant really bitch at this point of FCS coordinators, there are a number of FCS teams that would beat us handedly. Imagine the beating that would be Wyoming Vs. North Dakota State.... FCS, FBS, who cares. Vigen and Stanard would be garbage as junior high coordinators.
Just did bitch about it :lol:

What does that say about Ole Bohly picking coordinators who shouldn't be on a junior high sideline?
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

His D coordinator became NDSU's new HC. And right after the hire, NDSU fans warned us about Vigen.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

fromolwyoming wrote:His D coordinator became NDSU's new HC. And right after the hire, NDSU fans warned us about Vigen.
Bitching aside.... What are the odds Vigen gets the axe sometime in the next 12 months?
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote:His D coordinator became NDSU's new HC. And right after the hire, NDSU fans warned us about Vigen.
Bitching aside.... What are the odds Vigen gets the axe sometime in the next 12 months?
Probably about the same that Bohly gets it
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

No clue, but one can hope.

Just hope we get a competent one to replace him. As far as I'm concerned, Vigen should be on paper thin ice.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

wyokoke wrote:
Probably about the same that Bohly gets it
poop. Any chance Bohl himself sends him packing?
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

One minute Wyo football is back, the next our coordinators are total f-word nuggets. WyoNation will always be great.
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

SDPokeFan wrote:Maybe Vigen lost all but one page of his playbook.
So... Half of it?
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

J-Rod wrote:One minute Wyo football is back, the next our coordinators are total f-word nuggets. WyoNation will always be great.
You can't deny that outside of 1 poop quarter against an apparently rising Nebraska that the team has demonstrated enough for optimism until tonights abortion....
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

J-Rod wrote:One minute Wyo football is back, the next our coordinators are total f-word nuggets. WyoNation will always be great.
Despite our 2 wins, the play calling overall has been f-word stupid.
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
dakarpoke
Buckaroo

Pokes got beat on both sides of the line of scirmmage. Offense couldn't run the ball and defense didn't stop them most the time unless they got a turnover. Thats what it seemed to come down to.
Poke-proud
Cowpoke

You really believe the offensive play calls were "OK" tonite. Predictable is the word that comes to my mind to describe it. It's not too tough to fill the "gaps" and keep a team to short gains when you have the offense we did tonite.

J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: You can't deny that outside of 1 poop quarter against an apparently rising Nebraska that the team has demonstrated enough for optimism until tonights abortion....
Absolutely, enough so that I don't think this loss is a total killer. Not ideal, but 5-7 is still in play, maybe even 6-6 if the football god's look kindly on this team.

Which they did not tonight. Wyo just lost to a team that plays on concrete and lives in a city that's name sounds like an Indian STD.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Well son, if you had kept your wenis out of her crapper you wouldn't have Ypsilanti.
Poke-proud
Cowpoke

J-Rod wrote:
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: You can't deny that outside of 1 poop quarter against an apparently rising Nebraska that the team has demonstrated enough for optimism until tonights abortion....
Absolutely, enough so that I don't think this loss is a total killer. Not ideal, but 5-7 is still in play, maybe even 6-6 if the football god's look kindly on this team.

Which they did not tonight. Wyo just lost to a team that plays on concrete and lives in a city that's name sounds like an Indian STD.
I for one am extremely disappointed with this loss, because I think it was coaching, not play, that lost the game. It wasn't a matter of on field talent - we should win in that regard.

Last edited by Poke-proud on Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.