Progress?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
BJC
A Real Cowboy

:tickedoff: what was this bs....wow
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

marcuswyo wrote:Time toget Gregg Brandon and Dana Dimel on the line. The Bohl era is going down the poop. Tom Burman is invincible. How he survived the hiring, extension, and firing of schroyer and Dc is beyond me.
Don't forget Manny Matsakis. Best OC Wyoming has seen in a long time. From worst to first in MWC offense when he brought the triple shoot to Laramie. If only had Dimel, Koenning, and Mitsakis stayed together
I'm good for 3!
wyoav211933
Ranch Hand

Well, I guess it depends on how you define progress. The talent I think is ahead of what it was a year or even two years ago. Talent alone doesn't win games though. Play calling was pretty original. Execution wasn't there (there is really no excuse for procedure penalty at the goalline and block FG).

But I think we frequently overlook the fact that this the third straight year that we are starting a first year started at QB. Now I think Allen is the best of that bunch, but the line, WR, and RB probably have a hard time getting adjusted to a new QB year after year, the coordinators probably have a hard time creating a gameplan around a new QB year after year, and our offense is prone to rookie mistakes year after year. I know to some degree Bohl really couldn't help the QB situation, but to some degree he maybe could have too. Perhaps I'm wrong, maybe is more systemic than that, but I just don't know how you can be built to last with that type of turnover at the most important position in football.
Poke-proud
Cowpoke

bladerunnr wrote:
Poke-proud wrote:
J-Rod wrote:
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: You can't deny that outside of 1 poop quarter against an apparently rising Nebraska that the team has demonstrated enough for optimism until tonights abortion....
Absolutely, enough so that I don't think this loss is a total killer. Not ideal, but 5-7 is still in play, maybe even 6-6 if the football god's look kindly on this team.

Which they did not tonight. Wyo just lost to a team that plays on concrete and lives in a city that's name sounds like an Indian STD.
I for one am extremely disappointed with this loss, because I think it was coaching, not play, that lost the game. It wasn't a matter of on field talent - we should win in that regard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So I'm going to disagree. I too am extremely disappointed. But I think the opposite. Our O-line and D-line were completely dominated. I thought this was Bohl's strength. But their qb had all day to throw and Allen's pocket collapsed faster than he could set up in it. Number 72 on our Oline was getting beat all night. He's protecting Allen's blind side and guys are running around him like he wasn't there. Honestly, except qb and rb, I would take their talent over ours any day.
Fair enough. Position by position probably true. Collectively defense and offense I would take ours over theirs, Allen, Hill, Gentry, Wingert, Others, etc. we do have some studs. We shouldn't have lost that game. Two pick sixes, 4 total pix. No way.

Last edited by Poke-proud on Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cowboyz backer
Buckaroo

I thought the offense was supposed to be a strength this year? The offense was outscored 24-0 over the last 39 minutes of the game. The offense was only able to squeeze out 10 points against Eastern Michigan? Seriously?

We won the turnover stat +2 and had 2 defensive scores and lost. Let that sink in for a minute.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Speechless.

And back to reality. This is Wyoming football.

By the way, these protests are a frickin distraction. F emu
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

F BLM? I'll say it. Those guys are misguided in all things .
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 89 times

Our offensive line is terrible. Those that were supposed to be beasts are nothing more than cream puffs. They got worked all night...all night.

It has already been said, but Vigen is god awful. No killer instinct. Vanilla is too spicy for him...
djm19
WyoNation Addict

LanderPoke wrote:F BLM? I'll say it. Those guys are misguided in all things .
Bohl was heated in post game for safety of players. What a shi show emu is. Control your damn fans. Use force if needed. Pokes deserved to lose that, but the timing of these protests are awful.
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

LawPoke wrote:Our offensive line is terrible. Those that were supposed to be beasts are nothing more than cream puffs. They got worked all night...all night.

It has already been said, but Vigen is god awful. No killer instinct. Vanilla is too spicy for him...

Through the first 3 games, I thought our offensive line had looked better than last year, but tonight they were worked over every single play. EMU could rush 3 and get pressure.

How also is our defense able to get stops on first and second down, but then regardless of the distance, on every 3rd down game after game after game, there are wide open recievers.

Had it not been for 2 pick 6's I think we would lose that game by at least 21. So much for any confidence going into CSU. Now it feels more like a limping in hoping to not get whipped.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

WyomingAg wrote:
LawPoke wrote:Our offensive line is terrible. Those that were supposed to be beasts are nothing more than cream puffs. They got worked all night...all night.

Through the first 3 games, I thought our offensive line had looked better than last year, but tonight they were worked over every single play. EMU could rush 3 and get pressure.

How also is our defense able to get stops on first and second down, but then regardless of the distance, on every 3rd down game after game after game, there are wide open recievers.

Had it not been for 2 pick 6's I think we would lose that game by at least 21. So much for any confidence going into CSU. Now it feels more like a limping in hoping to not get whipped.
In true Vigen form
djm19
WyoNation Addict

Meanwhile Jim Harding at Utah....smh
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

Asmodeanreborn wrote:So, sure defense gave up some big plays, but they also got stops and turnovers despite being on the field way more than they should have needed to. So I'll give defense a pass on this one. Not their fault that the offense coughed up the ball at bad times... on top of that, a majority of our points came from them.

In short - I'm okay with how our defense played, but pissed at our "offense."
Oh, horseh-t! The defense AND the offense stunk this one up. How on Earth does one field an FBS defense that doesn't have a clue how to defend third and long? How on Earth does one filed an FBS offense that doesn't know how to convert on third and short. Same sh-t, different season...
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

djm19 wrote:Meanwhile Jim Harding at Utah....smh
A Wyoming wet dream.
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
cowboyz backer
Buckaroo

The 2 Eastern Michigan losses are both going to eat at me for a long time.
First, at home, we give up 38 unanswered in the first half and help Eastern Michigan, yes, perinial Bottom 10 dweller Eastern Michigan to its first road OOC win in 16 years....which happened to be their only win of the season....which snapped a 7 games losing streak....all while being lead by their back up quarterback.

Then, this year, while road favorites, we get 2 defensive scores....but the offense gets shut out for the last 39 minutes of play and lose after Eastern Michigan, not Michigan or ever Western or Central....yep, Eastern Michigan brings in the same back up quarterback that bitch slapped us last year.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

djm19 wrote:
Bohl was heated in post game for safety of players. What a shi show emu is. Control your damn fans. Use force if needed. Pokes deserved to lose that, but the timing of these protests are awful.
http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... id-protest
Any idea who the Wyoming player was?
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 89 times

Our defense gave up 500 yards. They got turnovers and were responsible for a lot of our points, but still gave up 500 yards.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

djm19 wrote:
Meanwhile Jim Harding at Utah....smh

A Wyoming wet dream.
And yet... Harding once was an offensive coordinator at Wyoming under Christensen.
djm19
WyoNation Addict

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:
djm19 wrote:
I've went back and watched and couldn't see it. I don't give a crap what your motives are, what race you are, what your political affiliations are..... You are on the Univ of Wyoming. You just got your butt handed to you by a garbage team... And IF you joined in on the protest, your ass is grass and you can leave. F ing distraction. Emu security blew it. Mace these clowns and get control.
Poke-proud
Cowpoke

djm19 wrote:
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:
djm19 wrote:
I've went back and watched and couldn't see it. I don't give a crap what your motives are, what race you are, what your political affiliations are..... You are on the Univ of Wyoming. You just got your butt handed to you by a garbage team... And IF you joined in on the protest, your ass is grass and you can leave. F ing distraction. Emu security blew it. Mace these clowns and get control.
No doubt