Frustrating

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
yopaulie
Ranch Hand

calpoke25 wrote:
DVDA wrote:Did everyone forget how bad this team was last year? These guys are significantly improved from last years team that would have struggled with Black Hills State. This team is competing with everyone which is a big step forward from last year. I'm not making excuses for the pathetic showing last night, but this team is making progress. I am frustrated with last nights performance since it should have been a comfortable win.I'm not going to give up on this regime quite yet though.
Are we even sure that we are better than last year? We beat an absolute garbage NIU team in double OT thanks to some very fortunate bounces, beat a hapless FCS team, got boat raced by Nebraska and just got out gained by 200 yards by Eastern Michigan. Our third down offense and defense remains absolutely atrocious.
Yes, better for sure. Just not that much better.
Poke-proud
Cowpoke

yopaulie wrote:
calpoke25 wrote:
DVDA wrote:Did everyone forget how bad this team was last year? These guys are significantly improved from last years team that would have struggled with Black Hills State. This team is competing with everyone which is a big step forward from last year. I'm not making excuses for the pathetic showing last night, but this team is making progress. I am frustrated with last nights performance since it should have been a comfortable win.I'm not going to give up on this regime quite yet though.
Are we even sure that we are better than last year? We beat an absolute garbage NIU team in double OT thanks to some very fortunate bounces, beat a hapless FCS team, got boat raced by Nebraska and just got out gained by 200 yards by Eastern Michigan. Our third down offense and defense remains absolutely atrocious.
Yes, better for sure. Just not that much better.
I agree, no doubt were better. That's why that loss last nite is so frustrating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
johnywyo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 1 time

Yup, I was at this game. Myself and about 4,000 apathetic fans. Up 17-3, put the pedal down and allow Allen to use his assets & this game is 'in the bag'. Unfortunately imo, Vigen went vanilla. 3 & out was the playbook. Tanner drop came after he got trucked on mid field hi/low hit. Eagles sideline was shouting run every time Hill or Wick got a touch. Wick is running the ball like a 6th grade pop warner creeper. He's not the same player he was prior to head injury. We still have plenty of chances to win that game, Allen careening thru air only to be denied a spectacular effort. Cooper, coming out on the field only to drive the ball at head level into D line. Drop another pick at their 30, only to force a punt. Then Vigen pulling out the same playbook for another heartless attempt on a 3 & out.

The protesters walked, 15 abreast arm in arm around the south endzone at halftime, in a 'freedom' spirited effort to bring focus to the black lives matter mantra. They clearly wanted to take the field- yet were detained and quite civil in their contemptuous efforts to gain notoriety.
Interestingly, some professorial types were applauding their vain efforts, as they sipped their beers and ate their meatball subs. In that moment of truth, they swooned self righteous.
The kids (black, white, latino) clearly had a purpose, and although they raised their voices, they remained civil & non violent.

The distraction mattered not one iota on the outcome of the game. Pokes blew a great opportunity to avenge the debacle last year. EMU, wanted the game more, displayed more passion in the crucial moments and the Cowboy Diesel rig left silently in the cool Michigan night. I did the same. We failed to fire all our bullets, another lost cause.
At the molecular level all mankind is a brilliant super-nova.
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

Asmodeanreborn wrote:I mean, yes, our D gave up a lot of yards, but isn't that bound to happen when you play aggressive like that? Sure, there's room for improvement - two touchdowns wouldn't have happened if a certain corner had just turned his head around.

As far as results go for the defense, though, I'll happily take their outcome 10 times out of 10, that is, giving up 27 points and scoring 14 (yeah, I give the extra points to the D, because most people credit them to the O when they score) is a net of -13. If our offense scores less than 13 in ANY game, we're in trouble. We should EXPECT at least 20 from them in ALL games.
I agree. We couldn't get the run game to open up. Looked like it was starting to happen when we would do some PA bootlegs - but they quickly caught on to that.

The defense got the ball back 4 times - scored two of the times. Our offense had some many 3 and shorts and didn't convert. We left 2 or 3 TD's off the field on offense.

This game sucks. We could have one that pretty big - but so could have EMU. We had the lead most of the game. Our execution gave that game away.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

yeah when I/we see good things why do the bad things tend to outweigh the good??? I just don't get it