Next 2 Weeks.....

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 11 times

Are f-word huge. Last night was horrible loss, but the whole season is gonna be like this. It's gonna be up and down. Except for Boise St and Aztecs, all of the teams we play will be closely matched teams talent wise. The next 2 weeks are huge. We gotta play a lot better pass defense. It's brutal to see the cushion are corners give receivers on 3rd and long situations.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Agree. We're still going to win some games this year. We couldn't have played worse and should have won the game 11 different ways.
hoping this is a wake up call or something
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

CSU's Hill and UW's Allen are damn near equals. But there will be one big difference. Hill will see open receivers most of the time. Allen won't. CSU at least 28. Pokes at most 24. I don't like it but that's just the way it is.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 104 times

We're going to get curb stomped in every conference game if we play like we did this weekend. Defense looked good, but the offense was flat out awful.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

WYO1016 wrote:Defense looked good
I agree. This seems to be a bit of a controversial opinion, though. Yeah, the amount of yards they gave up with the occasional big play wasn't great, but when they score a defensive touchdown for each major defensive breakdown, I'm kind of fine with that. It's nice to see them being aggressive and causing confusion enough that even a fairly steady guy gets flustered and throws four picks (could've easily been another pick 6 if a certain guy hadn't focused more on the open field in front of him than actually catching the ball).
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Asmodeanreborn wrote:
WYO1016 wrote:Defense looked good
I agree. This seems to be a bit of a controversial opinion, though. Yeah, the amount of yards they gave up with the occasional big play wasn't great, but when they score a defensive touchdown for each major defensive breakdown, I'm kind of fine with that. It's nice to see them being aggressive and causing confusion enough that even a fairly steady guy gets flustered and throws four picks (could've easily been another pick 6 if a certain guy hadn't focused more on the open field in front of him than actually catching the ball).
Oh, yeah. We we forced 4 TOs! I'm completely fine with the performance our D had. Don't care that we gave up 500 yards or whatever. Offense was barely on the field as usual! Bottom line EMU beat our D 27-14. Our offense can't muster more than 14 pts to win the game? What a joke. Fire Vigen.

Defense played more than well enough to win this game including forcing two critical punts in the 4th qtr. Vigen promptly game them the ball right back with his spineless play calling.