Around the MWC

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Wyovanian wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:UNLV is horrendous.
They stole "Most Embarrassing Loss" from us over on the MWC Board...
Fresno made a good run at it though.
cowboyz backer
Buckaroo

Someone just pointed out on MWC Board that almost half of the schools in the Mountain West Conference haven't beat an FBS school yet this year. I didn't think things could get worse for the conference than last year. I stand corrected.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 3 times

Wyovanian wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:UNLV is horrendous.
They stole "Most Embarrassing Loss" from us over on the MWC Board...
Thank you vandals.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

Every year you think the MWC can't get much worse and then the season starts. Very weak conference and not a lot of signs of hope at the moment.

With significant budget issues everywhere, I don't expect much improvement.

Next TV negotiations are going to be rough.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

fromolwyoming wrote:
cowpoke pride wrote:
Wyovanian wrote:
MrTitleist wrote:
Wyovanian wrote:And in non-MWC news, Northern Illinois lost to FCS Western Illinois. I think NIU will finish near the bottom of the MAC.
Western Illinois is a really good FCS team this year.
Still a lower division loss by a now winless NIU. That win against them is looking less and less impressive...

And we had to play 3 OTs at home to beat them?
SDSU got into a shootout with them too.
Seems like the wheels have fallen off NIU. They lost their staring QB in their 2nd game. Now after three straight losses, the wheels might have fallen off.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

On a separate note, it probably is time to reshuffle conferences in the G5 ranks to create a single "gives a poop conference" and then everyone else aligned based on geography. Start with 30k+ attendance and go from there. West core would be BSU, byu, and Houston. East core would be Cincinnati, ECU, S FLORIDA, or Navy or?

Add a few teams to each division starting with criteria of attendance, budget, and market size.

This isn't a defeatist attitude but I think in modern football there has been a clear demonstration of programs with will, fan support, and financial support to strive for continued success. Those programs deserve to be grouped with each other and everyone else deserves to be grouped together.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote:On a separate note, it probably is time to reshuffle conferences in the G5 ranks to create a single "gives a poop conference" and then everyone else aligned based on geography. Start with 30k+ attendance and go from there. West core would be BSU, byu, and Houston. East core would be Cincinnati, ECU, S FLORIDA, or Navy or?

Add a few teams to each division starting with criteria of attendance, budget, and market size.

This isn't a defeatist attitude but I think in modern football there has been a clear demonstration of programs with will, fan support, and financial support to strive for continued success. Those programs deserve to be grouped with each other and everyone else deserves to be grouped together.
It's now officially off season for expansion/ realignment fantasy sh-t...
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

Not really. It is just obvious that, around the MWC and the rest of the G5 ranks, there areally a few programs that care and the rest don't give a poop.

Around the MWC, the regression is obvious with no end in sight. No reason to subject a program like BSU to this poop show.
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote:Not really. It is just obvious that, around the MWC and the rest of the G5 ranks, there areally a few programs that care and the rest don't give a poop.

Around the MWC, the regression is obvious with no end in sight. No reason to subject a program like BSU to this poop show.
I agree that Boise State and probably SDSU both belong in a P5 conference. The rest of the MWC combined aren't worth the effort. Maybe things will change, but after watching many of the MWC games this weekend, I would say the MWC is in worse shape now than it has ever been (at least in football).
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

CowboyNV wrote:
ragtimejoe1 wrote:Not really. It is just obvious that, around the MWC and the rest of the G5 ranks, there areally a few programs that care and the rest don't give a poop.

I agree that Boise State and probably SDSU both belong in a P5 conference. The rest of the MWC combined aren't worth the effort. Maybe things will change, but after watching many of the MWC games this weekend, I would say the MWC is in worse shape now than it has ever been (at least in football).
SDSU isn't worth a poop. They'll come back to earth soon. They've had one good year. one. I hate the Aztecs.
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

LanderPoke wrote:
CowboyNV wrote:

SDSU isn't worth a poop. They'll come back to earth soon. They've had one good year. one. I hate the Aztecs.
They went to a bowl game in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 and it looks like they will be headed that way again this year. So, let's see, that would make 7 bowls in a row and we've had how many since 2010? Just the New Mexico Bowl in 2010 - we've been to just 7 bowl games since 1968. You may not like them, but they are heads and shoulders above Wyoming in football right now.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 3 times

SDSU wouldn't last week in and week out. I watched a lot of football yesterday and the MWC looks slower, weaker, etc than ever before. It is so obvious. Stanford UCLA, Utah USC, Florida Tennessee, on and on. I watched a lot of the games and is becoming worse each year. The gap between FCS and MWC is closer than MWC and P5.

Usu air force was fugly as well. Ugh.

I'm still licking my wounds from Friday.

A win this week over Fort Fart will greatly help me.