Absymal Offensive Performance

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
PokeNer
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

I haven't posted on here in a long time, but I need to vent on how terrible the offensive play calling and execution was on Friday.

Here's what EMU's defense has done the first three games:

Mississippi Valley State
  • Total Yards = 169
  • Passing = 146
  • Rushing = 23, 0.7 ypc
  • 3rd Downs = 4-13
  • Offensive Pts = 14
Mizzou
  • Total Yards = 647
  • Passing = 477
  • Rushing = 170, 4.5 ypc
  • 3rd Downs = 11-21
  • Offensive Pts = 47
Charlotte
  • Total Yards =346
  • Passing = 189
  • Rushing = 157, 4.0 ypc
  • 3rd Downs = 8-20
  • Offensive Pts = 19
Now compare our amazing performance:

Wyo
  • Total Yards = 313
  • Passing = 234
  • Rushing = 79, 2.1 ypc
  • 3rd Downs = 3-13
  • Offensive Pts = 10
Our rushing game performed somewhere between MVSU and Charlotte, two absolutely terrible teams. Passing game was decent, but abandoned when it was needed the most. We did worse on third downs than MVSU, and scored less O points that all of EMU's previous three opponents. If we get even Charlotte's O performance, we win this game. This was not a good defense we were going up against, or a good overall team for that matter.

This was one of the most uninspired, unimaginative, lousy offensive performances that I've witnessed in recent history. Vigen either needs to get his poop together or hit the road. Every armchair QB that watched that game new exactly what was coming.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 299 times
Been liked: 119 times

PokeNer wrote:This was one of the most uninspired, unimaginative, lousy offensive performances that I've witnessed in recent history. Vigen either needs to get his poop together or hit the road. Every armchair QB that watched that game new exactly what was coming.
Solid post.

The paragraph I highlighted above, is absolutely how I feel as well. FFS - one would think that Vigen could see that Hill (and Wick) up the middle wasn't working...especially after the first 15 attempts at it. It is just insane that he kept calling that poop.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Poke-proud
Cowpoke

PokeNer wrote:I haven't posted on here in a long time, but I need to vent on how terrible the offensive play calling and execution was on Friday.

Here's what EMU's defense has done the first three games:

Mississippi Valley State
  • Total Yards = 169
  • Passing = 146
  • Rushing = 23, 0.7 ypc
  • 3rd Downs = 4-13
  • Offensive Pts = 14
Mizzou
  • Total Yards = 647
  • Passing = 477
  • Rushing = 170, 4.5 ypc
  • 3rd Downs = 11-21
  • Offensive Pts = 47
Charlotte
  • Total Yards =346
  • Passing = 189
  • Rushing = 157, 4.0 ypc
  • 3rd Downs = 8-20
  • Offensive Pts = 19
Now compare our amazing performance:

Wyo
  • Total Yards = 313
  • Passing = 234
  • Rushing = 79, 2.1 ypc
  • 3rd Downs = 3-13
  • Offensive Pts = 10
Our rushing game performed somewhere between MVSU and Charlotte, two absolutely terrible teams. Passing game was decent, but abandoned when it was needed the most. We did worse on third downs than MVSU, and scored less O points that all of EMU's previous three opponents. If we get even Charlotte's O performance, we win this game. This was not a good defense we were going up against, or a good overall team for that matter.

This was one of the most uninspired, unimaginative, lousy offensive performances that I've witnessed in recent history. Vigen either needs to get his poop together or hit the road. Every armchair QB that watched that game new exactly what was coming.
Right on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

Maybe Vigen should have his head scanned. Maybe he has zero short term memory, and doesn't remember the previous 20 times he called the same play that didn't work.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 596 times
Been liked: 238 times

SDPokeFan wrote:Maybe Vigen should have his head scanned. Maybe he has zero short term memory, and doesn't remember the previous 20 times he called the same play that didn't work.
Yeah. Is he stubborn or stupid? Why not pass, pass and pass some more? Our passing game this year is light years ahead of our run game.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Wyoming used to be nicknamed Receiver U, maybe it's time to go back to that, as Cowboy Tough isn't really getting it done, lol....having fun with this to keep from crying