IT'S SHEEP WEEK!!!

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 104 times

Yeah, last weekend was a gut punch. Let's not forget about the most important game on the schedule, though! Let's get that boot back!

F-U CSU!!!!!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Last one at Hughes, let's kick some Sheeep tail
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 300 times
Been liked: 119 times

Interesting that they are reporting roughly 1000 tickets left. WYO travels well, but am confused as to where the 26,000 csewe fans are coming from?
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

I hope like hell that we ignored emu and practiced solely for this game.

A win here will do wonders for this season and program.

Hands down Bohl's biggest game to date. A win is drastically needed.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
oumatt
Buckaroo

If Vigen loses another game, will the coaching staff see changes?
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

McPeachy wrote:Interesting that they are reporting roughly 1000 tickets left. WYO travels well, but am confused as to where the 26,000 csewe fans are coming from?
Who said they were sheep fans?
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

I can betcha the sheep fans will be in rare form, arrogant as usual, watch your license plates and windshields etc..... I hate Hughes Stadium
rollrams
Buckaroo

McPeachy wrote:Interesting that they are reporting roughly 1000 tickets left. WYO travels well, but am confused as to where the 26,000 csewe fans are coming from?
We had about 27K at the UNC game, with 1-2K being UNC fans. A sellout for this game should be expected.
stymeman wrote:I can betcha the sheep fans will be in rare form, arrogant as usual, watch your license plates and windshields etc..... I hate Hughes Stadium
Sorry that you have to deal with that.

One suggestion I have is to park away from the students - on the south side of the stadium. To do this, make sure to enter approach Hughes from the south - by taking Shields/College/whatever south (if coming from the north), west on Drake, north on Overland Trail, and west on Dixon Canyon Road (the road that runs parallel to the south of the stadium and goes up to Horsetooth Reservoir). You can access the south lots from Dixon Canyon and will be parked among mostly adults and many who prepay for parking permits. This area tends to be, generally speaking, a bit more tame when it comes to tailgating - an older and more family oriented crowd - but I'm sure you'll bring the party with you.

If you approach from the north, either by taking Overland Trail south or coming west on anything north of Drake (such as Prospect), you will probably be funneled into the two most northern parking entrances and directed to park on the east side of the stadium, which is primarily a student/younger crowd.

Keeping my fingers crossed for a big CSU win but best of luck to Wyo.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

rollrams wrote:
We had about 27K at the UNC game, with 1-2K being UNC fans. A sellout for this game should be expected.
stymeman wrote:I can betcha the sheep fans will be in rare form, arrogant as usual, watch your license plates and windshields etc..... I hate Hughes Stadium
Sorry that you have to deal with that.

One suggestion I have is to park away from the students - on the south side of the stadium. To do this, make sure to enter approach Hughes from the south - by taking Shields/College/whatever south (if coming from the north), west on Drake, north on Overland Trail, and west on Dixon Canyon Road (the road that runs parallel to the south of the stadium and goes up to Horsetooth Reservoir). You can access the south lots from Dixon Canyon and will be parked among mostly adults and many who prepay for parking permits. This area tends to be, generally speaking, a bit more tame when it comes to tailgating - an older and more family oriented crowd - but I'm sure you'll bring the party with you.

If you approach from the north, either by taking Overland Trail south or coming west on anything north of Drake (such as Prospect), you will probably be funneled into the two most northern parking entrances and directed to park on the east side of the stadium, which is primarily a student/younger crowd.

Keeping my fingers crossed for a big CSU win but best of luck to Wyo.
Not enough hostility in this post. Don't like it.
rollrams
Buckaroo

FU Wyo sucks, LaRAMie is gross, good luck in the Big Sky, etc. But for real, being hostile is kind of a dick move - as already mentioned, sucky fans are sucky - and both teams are somewhere between bad and barely mediocre. Glass houses and all.
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 86 times

Hey roll, what is the read on Bobo? I think he is assembling some pretty good talent, but struggles at times to guide it. I wonder about English as a true DC, but we shall see. Your one linebacker could make him look really good. Also, how is the new stadium coming along? I am on record as thinking it is a bit risky to take on that kind of debt that is heavily reliant on future attendance, but it seems that the risk could have huge upside potential for you all. Frankly, given the issues with getting students to come to Hughes, I don't think you all had much of a choice.
Wyholesucks
Buckaroo

Last time you came to Hughes it was a sellout and your so called "well traveling" fans had to give some tickets back.

http://www.coloradoan.com/story/sports/ ... /17625493/

Not to mention you couldn't even muster 20K for the game last year. :whistle:

http://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming/ ... 7493f.html
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

thanx for the directions and such, but I'm not coming down as I've been there about 6 times in my life and vowed I'd never go back after I had license plates stolen, seen poop on windshields, and even broken, so I won't, now I'll go see the new stadium sometime in the future, but as we know about rivalries etc, I've never seen our Wyo fans ever destroy cars etc, yes heated exchanges in Laramie and the student section fights and banter, but acting like savages has no place on a gameday Saturday, or maybe I'm getting older and way past that. GO POKES, Beeet the Sheeeeep!
rollrams
Buckaroo

The jury is still out on Bobo. CSU has yet to play a complete game under his guidance and at times it feels like he's more concerned with offensive play calls - he frequently has his head buried in the play sheet - versus being the CEO/leader of the team and managing the clock. Learning on the job was expected, but he needs to pull it all together at some point if he's going to have success. He also has sort of a dull (public) personality, which doesn't do him any favors. English isn't held in high regard. CSU can't seem to get off the field on 3rd down, has repeatedly shown poor tackling, and doesn't cover receivers very well.

Through just over one year the stadium is more than half done and I believe all the structural stuff is completed. Work has begun on the interior and exterior.

CSU was in a tough position with the stadium no matter what.

As some of you know, Hughes is a dump, it's off-campus, it has terrible locker room/team facilities, and the fan accommodations are atrocious (bathrooms, consessions, etc). It needs $30+M in maintenance just to get the basics back on track (electrical, plumbing, concrete, lighting, etc). These dollars don't add anything to the stadium, they just keep it from continuing to crumble. Donors for such a project would likely be hard to come by and no new revenue streams would be created. As a result, your primary funding source is the general fund (student tuition/state dollars) and you're still left with an off-campus dump that's going to continue to need dollars invested all the while it falls further and further behind in terms of expected amenities and gameday experience.

The new stadium is financed through low interest bonds, offers a legitimate opportunity to pay for itself or most of itself through a combination of donations and new revenue streams, brings the team and fans back home, and expands options for visiting/connecting and hanging out on campus. Yes, there is some risk there since no one knows how this will work out - obviously they have projections that look positive - but early returns are promising. The majority of luxury seating is already sold out for next year (club level already gone, only a few suite and loge boxes remained as of a month ago) and season ticket sales, although still modest (roughly 11K I believe, not including students), have been on the rise for the last few years. There is no doubt in my mind a new on-campus stadium will boost attendance permanently, but the big impact will be the first few years. After that, sure, the product on the field (primary) and atmosphere (secondary, yet still important) is going to have to speak for itself.

I think it's easily a risk worth taking since the alternative is primarily tuition dollars from the start.
RamBallin
Buckaroo

Good post rollrams - I think the stadium will be a game changer for us, especially for attendance. Hughes is a dump, I have fond memories there, but I honestly don't blame anyone for not wanting to make the trip out there. The new stadium will be top notch and after traveling around the US to different P5 universities, I think it will be nicer than most. It may not be as big now, but the quality will be world class.

Agree with you on Bobo - although I think he will get us to where we want to be, and with the athletes that we have on our team, I think we can go places. They are raw, but will get coached up and Bobo will install is system with the players he has.

Sucks to hear that there were broken windows and license plates stolen...although I think that type of behavior goes both ways. In Laramie I've had a knife pulled on me while walking back to my car with my girlfriend, have had my car egged while getting into it, and had a 7 or 8 year old boy spit on me while his parents encouraged it. SO...I think there are sh*tty fans on both sides of the isle.

I'm being sincere, I hope that Bohl works out at Wyoming. I think he's a good coach and man, and I think he needs some time to install his system and players, just like Bobo. IF CSU ever leaves to go to another conference, I can honestly say that the Boarder War will be my most missed game and I would hope that it would be something that is scheduled in the future. I really wish that the Wyoming Athletic Dept were committing a little more to football then they are. Wyoming has a lot of great potential.

Here come the "sh*t" talking part of my post (Note: I am not good at picking fights):

I'm predicting a 48-20 Rams win. Ram offense will be way too much for the Pokes and our defense will continue to improve, that includes tacking. I was at the Minnesota game, and if CSU plays marginally better, which is just eliminating mental errors, then Wyoming will be crushed. Wyoming is still about a year away from being relevant in the MWC. Maybe I'm wrong...we shall see...

Go Rams
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

RamBallin wrote:Good post rollrams - I think the stadium will be a game changer for us, especially for attendance. Hughes is a dump, I have fond memories there, but I honestly don't blame anyone for not wanting to make the trip out there. The new stadium will be top notch and after traveling around the US to different P5 universities, I think it will be nicer than most. It may not be as big now, but the quality will be world class.

Agree with you on Bobo - although I think he will get us to where we want to be, and with the athletes that we have on our team, I think we can go places. They are raw, but will get coached up and Bobo will install is system with the players he has.

Sucks to hear that there were broken windows and license plates stolen...although I think that type of behavior goes both ways. In Laramie I've had a knife pulled on me while walking back to my car with my girlfriend, have had my car egged while getting into it, and had a 7 or 8 year old boy spit on me while his parents encouraged it. SO...I think there are sh*tty fans on both sides of the isle.

I'm being sincere, I hope that Bohl works out at Wyoming. I think he's a good coach and man, and I think he needs some time to install his system and players, just like Bobo. IF CSU ever leaves to go to another conference, I can honestly say that the Boarder War will be my most missed game and I would hope that it would be something that is scheduled in the future. I really wish that the Wyoming Athletic Dept were committing a little more to football then they are. Wyoming has a lot of great potential.

Here come the "sh*t" talking part of my post (Note: I am not good at picking fights):

I'm predicting a 48-20 Rams win. Ram offense will be way too much for the Pokes and our defense will continue to improve, that includes tacking. I was at the Minnesota game, and if CSU plays marginally better, which is just eliminating mental errors, then Wyoming will be crushed. Wyoming is still about a year away from being relevant in the MWC. Maybe I'm wrong...we shall see...

Go Rams
lol
RamBallin
Buckaroo

LanderPoke wrote:
RamBallin wrote:Good post rollrams - I think the stadium will be a game changer for us, especially for attendance. Hughes is a dump, I have fond memories there, but I honestly don't blame anyone for not wanting to make the trip out there. The new stadium will be top notch and after traveling around the US to different P5 universities, I think it will be nicer than most. It may not be as big now, but the quality will be world class.

I'm being sincere, I hope that Bohl works out at Wyoming. I think he's a good coach and man, and I think he needs some time to install his system and players, just like Bobo. IF CSU ever leaves to go to another conference, I can honestly say that the Border War will be my most missed game and I would hope that it would be something that is scheduled in the future. I really wish that the Wyoming Athletic Dept were committing a little more to football then they are. Wyoming has a lot of great potential.

Go Rams
lol
You can laugh all you want until it happens... :-) It honestly not that far out of an idea and it could become a possibility. If expansion by 4 happens, CSU will most likely get included IMHO...
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Yeah, I'm not laughing at that. I have a lot of Big 12 fans in extended family and among former colleagues, and they're not entirely cold on the idea of adding CSU. If the fans don't think it'll be a terrible fit long term, the officials might not either. Rams might not be there yet, but at least they're aiming big and hoping for the best. That's hell of a lot more than Wyoming's doing.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

MWC will really be shook up and changed in the next 5 years I'm thinking, time will tell..... yeah we've got bad apples on both sides(fans), but the friendly fun banter is just that, fun!!!!
RamBallin
Buckaroo

stymeman wrote:MWC will really be shook up and changed in the next 5 years I'm thinking, time will tell..... yeah we've got bad apples on both sides(fans), but the friendly fun banter is just that, fun!!!!
Yeah - it's going to be interesting to see what happens with the BIG-12, if anything. I agree - I think there's going to be lots of changing going on, some good and some bad. It does make me sad to see college football get to the point where money and tv rules everything. I'm really curious to see what it looks like in another 10 years.

There is data suggesting that all 5 conferences will eventually to to 16 teams...so if this does happen, and we have 5 super conferences - do we see a legitimate "best of the rest" conference comprised of MWC, MAC, AAC, and ConfUSA schools? OR do those conferences keep morphing a bit, but still stay intact?

I've seen conversation of Wyoming going FCS - that should not happen and I don't think it will. Thoughts?