Marty English has things to say about Laramie..

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

Haven't noticed if this was posted or not yet, but ...
http://bsndenver.com/border-war-could-b ... ado-state/
ImageImageImageImage
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

LOL. I go to Cheyenne for all my shopping needs that can't be fulfilled in Laramie. I don't like my Wyoming dollars turning green. I'm glad CSU has him, not us. He's a glorified recruiter and he's their D coordinator.
Last edited by LanderPoke on Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

I only go to eat in FOCO, and see the cuties floating around but I agree my fuel, shopping and groceries stay in Wyoming as well. Marty English haaaaa he's a has been, recycled product that has been hitting the pipe a little too much, afterall we didn't care for him much when he was here anyway. It's bulletin board material, how do the Pokes use it to try to bring the Boot back....GO POKES
dakarpoke
Buckaroo

When I was in school, I went to FTC once in 4 years and that was mostly because my g/f at the time was from FTC. I remember going to Denver several times.
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 89 times

When you "have" to live there...wow. Glad he is gone.

How about the hordes from Colorado that come to Glendo, Curt Gowdy, the Snowies and everywhere else in between. Clearly Wyoming isn't that bad of a place. Different amenities than a shopping mall, but amenities none-the-less.

Oh, and don't flatter yourself, Marty. This is an important game to us, for sure, but our "Super Bowl"? Hardly. What an asshat.
wellpoke
Ranch Hand

I live in Northern Colorado, and avoid Fort Collins like the plague. Just like we did when I was at UW - no jealousy there, just staying away from the idiots. I did work in Fort Collins for a time, but got out as quick as I could. It's overgrown, congested everywhere, unfriendly, and just generally a poop place to be. Couldn't pay me enough to live there.

Thanks for the bulletin board material Marty. I'll be there Saturday night to watch our Cowboys drub the sheep. They're already looking ahead to those road games with Boise and Air Force and their "bowl game." They have no worry about losing to an "inferior Wyoming team."

Bring it. The Boot goes home this year, and will never see the inside of Hughes again.

GO POKES!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 119 times

LawPoke wrote:When you "have" to live there...wow. Glad he is gone.

How about the hordes from Colorado that come to Glendo, Curt Gowdy, the Snowies and everywhere else in between. Clearly Wyoming isn't that bad of a place. Different amenities than a shopping mall, but amenities none-the-less.

Oh, and don't flatter yourself, Marty. This is an important game to us, for sure, but our "Super Bowl"? Hardly. What an asshat.
Surprising he decided to put that garbage out there. If anyone knows you shouldn't open your mouth and give the other team some bulletin board material during the Border War week - it should be him (as he has been involved in it for more than 12 years).

I will never forget the CSewe coaches last year yelling on the sidelines when our players were hurt on the field (which happened multiple times) saying - "They are laying on the ground, look at them, they are laying on the ground" to continue to inspire their team to kick the living poop out of us. Totally classless approach by that whole staff. God damn, how I wish Bohl understood what this game really means.

And as far as this quote from Marty English - “They still come here for all their fun, their luxuries, all that kind of stuff,” explained English. Hey Marty, f-word you man! Denver? Maybe, sometimes, sure. Fort Collins? Not a chance, never.
Last edited by McPeachy on Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 144 times

I have never visited FoCo for anything. I bet Fort Fart residents leave town for shopping and entertainment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

laxwyo wrote:I have never visited FoCo for anything. I bet Fort Fart residents leave town for shopping and entertainment
They have a number of great (no exaggeration needed, they really are) breweries and a few solid restaurants. Otherwise? Meh. Best actual entertainment in Fort Collins is Colorado Eagles... and they're in Loveland. :P
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

I spent a couple of decades in Wyoming and I can honestly say I NEVER thought about running down to Fort Collins for anything - fun, luxuries, or any of that stuff. The only thing we ever went to Fort Collins for was a fight. Like McPeachy, I wish Bohl only knew just how deep this rivalry is. The fact that Wyoming hired a Ram grad for president still makes me throw up in my mouth. English can kiss my Cowboy ass.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

this opened the flood gates here and it's good to see, how would those Greenies like it if we closed the border to keep them from coming up here fishing our streams, lakes and rivers and hunting our country.....lol, we can fix that quick enough, LOL, Marty English you've never been our stellar DC at UW albeit your thoughts tell you differently, miss it huh??? LOL
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

I've always thought we should double the price of out of state fishing licences. I bet 1/2 of the greenies would still buy them. That means we'd get the same amount of revenue with 1/2 the people on the water. Would be awesome for our Wyoming fishermen.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote:I've always thought we should double the price of out of state fishing licences. I bet 1/2 of the greenies would still buy them. That means we'd get the same amount of revenue with 1/2 the people on the water. Would be awesome for our Wyoming fishermen.
agreed non resident fishing licenses should be a lot higher than they truly are, hands down, I don't fish any other state than WYO
TracyRingolsby
Buckaroo

I know Marty well and spend time with him. I can assure you a writer took things out of context to create a story he wanted. Marty never wanted to leave Wyoming. When his daughter graduated from the University of Wyoming he convinced her she should stay in Wyoming and teach, not go elsewhere. Does he have a devotion to CSU? Yes. That's where he makes a living. Does he want to win on Saturday? Dang right. Wouldn't you if that's where you worked.
He, however, has nothing but good things to say about Wyoming and had DC not been paranoid and fired him because the players liked Marty so much he would still be at Wyoming.
Sorry, but I call poop on the writer.
It's a big reason I am embarrassed by my profession. I can only say that fortunately I am at the end of my career and not just starting out and dealing with this kind of crap much longer.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Every player I knew thought Marty was a douche.
TracyRingolsby
Buckaroo

marcuswyo wrote:Every player I knew thought Marty was a douche.
We obviously knew different players and different parents because particularly DC days Marty was a key factor to avoiding defections.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

Like a lot of you have said, this is my fifth year in Laramie and I've made a total of two trips to FoCo. One for a couple breweries, and one for a UW basketball game
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy

Players I knew were from his Glenn days as an linebacker coach if I remember right. He could have been well liked as dc's coordinator.
TracyRingolsby
Buckaroo

marcuswyo wrote:Players I knew were from his Glenn days as an linebacker coach if I remember right. He could have been well liked as dc's coordinator.
And most of those players were kids he recruited and were very loyal to him. Their parents also appreciated the effort he would put into helping the kids. Interesting take. Like I said we obviously talked to and dealt with different players and different parents. A big part of the lack of defections when DC became coach was the effort of Marty and respect those kids had for him. The coach the kids had problems with during Joe's era was Cockhill.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy

Thanks for your take as well TR. I wasn't doubting your input, it was just different from the people I had known, not necessarily a huge sample size, and sounds like he had a different impact with different coaching staffs. I should probably through out the douche term less freely.

Anyways, Go Pokes!