I know it's early but getting the thinking going

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

So what truly happens on Sat nite and the toilet bowl, I truthfully think the Rams come out totally jacked and make some 1st half mistakes and we take a lead in at the half something like 17-14, then unfortunately I believe their D is better than ours and although Brian Hill will go for 175 yards and Josh has a good game, it's those costly mistakes that cost us this one, as much as that KILLS me to say, sure hope I'm wrong but Pokes on short end 34-27, grrrr, GO POKES!!! be careful one and all that make the venture to the Crumbling Palace that is Hughes Stadium!
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

I am torn on this. After the CU game I thought for sure we would beat CSU. After the embarrassment of our last game, I think even an average appearing CSU beats us rather handedly. I don't foresee, based on our last performance, a scenario where we win this. I really hope I am wrong though and the boys surprise me!
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Hill and whatever the receiver's name is, look legit....
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

djm19 wrote:Hill and whatever the receiver's name is, look legit....
Yeah, sucks they made a QB change. Pre-Hill, CSU looked like a slam dunk blowout for UW. They were nothing short of horrendous. Now they appear revived on some level. That said, I still think this game comes down to turnovers. Whoever makes the fewest amount of mistakes wins.
cowpoke pride
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

Give me 31-27, good guys.
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

This is how I fear this game playing out:

1.) We run the ball pretty well. Get the lead at some point in the game. They start selling out the run. We toss in a turnover or 3.

2.) CSU decides they can't win by running the ball. Our defense keeps forcing them to punt when they are run heavy. They start throwing the ball. They have success.

3.) We try to keep the lead by running, running, throwing an incomplete (or worse - interception). Time is an issue, they keep throwing the ball and get the lead.

I hope this doesn't happen. I hope Marty's run defense is full of holes like it always has been.

If we can run the ball this game, we can win it.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

Every team we play going forward watched that poop show in Michigan and they will all sell out to defend the run.

With this being the playbook at our disposal.

We're in bad shape from here out.
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

Lincoln Riley
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Wyo2dal wrote:Every team we play going forward watched that poop show in Michigan and they will all sell out to defend the run.

lol
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

Before their QB Hill gains legendary status around here, I'll offer up the following:

Against Minnesota he was 15-30-1 for 182 yards. That is the worst QB performance against Minnesota all year. Both Oregon States (who Minnesota needed two late TD's to beat at home........Oregon State's only win in their last 11 games was at home vs Idaho State) and Indiana State's QB had better stat lines.

His other game was good. He went 21-27-0 for 315 against Norther Colorado. Problem is, he wasn't the best QB on the field. Northern Colorado's QB racked up 318 yards on 23-33 against the Rams D.

I know....just like the rest of you, I am shaking in my boots.

It will be a close game. And, as some have pointed out, will probably come down to turnovers.
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Wyo2dal wrote:Every team we play going forward watched that poop show in Michigan and they will all sell out to defend the run.

Ok that made me lol

....But has anyone considered the idea we didn't want to open up the playbook yet until conference play? Maybe, just maybe (and I'm probably wrong here) that Vigen was holding it close the vest and not wanting to show our hand yet on offense? I pray that's the reason or we are in trouble.
I'm good for 3!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Cornpoke wrote:

Ok that made me lol

....But has anyone considered the idea we didn't want to open up the playbook yet until conference play? Maybe, just maybe (and I'm probably wrong here) that Vigen was holding it close the vest and not wanting to show our hand yet on offense? I pray that's the reason or we are in trouble.
Bahahaha! that made me laugh even more that the four-play playbook
Cosmic Cowboy
A Real Cowboy

Goddamnit Wyo2dal why are you posting our entire playbook on the internet!!! :x :x :x
Riding High!!!
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Wait, wait, wait...what is this Run 2 in that playbook?? Must be a wrinkle they have been waiting for conference play to bust out.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

WestWYOPoke wrote:Wait, wait, wait...what is this Run 2 in that playbook?? Must be a wrinkle they have been waiting for conference play to bust out.
Run 2 if fulfilled by Conway, It was the closest sweep I could find :(