It's Game on against the Greenies- UW @ CSU

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Cosmic Cowboy
A Real Cowboy

It's Border War time!!!

Game day thread up. How we feeling about this game?
Riding High!!!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Nervous to say the least!!!!
Cosmic Cowboy
A Real Cowboy

I just looked at our stats and our O is actually kind of high octane this year. In the top 65 in the country. Sure prone to a lot of horrible calls and shooting itself in the foot at times, etc. We've all seen those WYO O's before. They do move the ball better then many Pokes past teams. The D has to pick it up. I believed I said they had to be in like the top 80ish D's for the Pokes to be solid this year. Maybe they can raise that 107 ranking up hitting a weaker MWC? Thats gotta be our hope. That it starts right here, this game against CSU. No better time to get poppin!!!

Whatever you do Poke's D don't get steamrolled this game please. Come up big in the red zone and watch those big passing plays.
Riding High!!!
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

Put the hammer down and keep it down. Take what they give us and don't give them anything.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

Move the line of scrimmage, move the pocket, we should be fine. Confuse the freshman QB. Very winnable game. I want to see that fire against CSU we used to have, that fire in our eyes.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
Poke-proud
Cowpoke

After EMU, don't know what to expect. We could blow them out, and then we could play like we did at EMU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cosmic Cowboy
A Real Cowboy

PokeOLoco wrote:Move the line of scrimmage, move the pocket, we should be fine. Confuse the freshman QB. Very winnable game. I want to see that fire against CSU we used to have, that fire in our eyes.
Yeah I believe they need this to win the game. Just that extra something that makes the D tick and play beyond their norm. They've got to find access to this sort of feeling and need to have well called/calculated risk taking. A Cowboys D with fire is a must almost every game. The O needs to help lift them with some TD's.
Riding High!!!
Poke-proud
Cowpoke

laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 142 times

3rd downs

W-Y, Until I Die!
GoPokes86
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 10 times

Rivalry games are weird. There's no reason that this team can't pull the positives they had in the Northern Illinois game and the positives from the Nebraska game, and learn from the mistakes to put a complete game together. There's no reason that Stanard can't put together a game plan to confuse a true freshman QB and that Vigen can't learn from his piss poor game plan for EMU to keep the sheep out of sorts. There's no reason we can't take the last game at Hughes, none at all. Beat the sheep! Go Pokes!

whyoh
WyoNation Addict

Poke-proud wrote:http://sports.yahoo.com/news/former-col ... 58861.html

Thars gold in them thar hills

Or at least green

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
Cosmic Cowboy
A Real Cowboy

Poke-proud wrote:http://sports.yahoo.com/news/former-col ... 58861.html

Whoa great article there! Crazy how the weed game is in Rado these days. Was this guy a big time player for them? Not gonna hate on Rado's weed laws. Don't get me started on that Greenie jealousy poop :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: all part of the rivalry....that jealous side of things too
Riding High!!!
The Virginian
Cowpoke

Here's Robert Gagliardi's story on the most memorable games: http://www.wyosports.net/university_of_ ... 2d05a.html

The Bounce Pass is a classic. Here's a youtube talking about it.

https://youtu.be/e9h0rMX8nNg
This post submitted anonymously by Jeff Fry aka DCPoke
COS Cowboy
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

The Virginian wrote:Here's Robert Gagliardi's story on the most memorable games: http://www.wyosports.net/university_of_ ... 2d05a.html
Haha, check out the hashtags on the 1st comment.

#GetDinoCostaOuttaLaramie

#WyoDoesn'tNeedHisDespicableReputation