2016 Wyoming Football Articles/Videos/Tweets

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

UW Game Day: Wyoming-Nevada 3 Keys (WyoSports.net)

3. Turnover tale: A lot has been made of UW forcing 14 turnovers (10 interceptions, four fumble recoveries) defensively this season, along with scoring four defensive touchdowns. But in the Cowboys’ four wins, they’ve turned the ball over two times. Forcing turnovers on defense is important, but equally so is not turning it over offensively.

http://www.wyosports.net/university_of_ ... 3ea1e.html

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

UW Game Day: Know the Foe - Nevada's Butler truckin' along (WyoSports.net)

LARAMIE – As one of the nation’s most productive running backs, Nevada junior James Butler works hard.

But his football work pales in comparison to what he does when he’s home in the Chicago area.

Butler works as a garbage man, something he has done since he was in junior high school. He got the job through a friend’s dad, who also was his youth football coach.

http://www.wyosports.net/university_of_ ... a46b5.html

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

UW Game Day: Veteran leadership - Lolohea brings valuable veteran influence to UW defense (WyoSports.net)

“I had never heard of Wyoming before, but I did some research, and after my visit, I told them I wanted to sign as soon as I got home. I wanted to be a Cowboy.”

http://www.wyosports.net/university_of_ ... 3301a.html

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Pokes Authority Vidcast: D.J. May and Logan Wilson

Wyoming linebackers D.J. May and Logan Wilson discuss the Cowboys' strong start before playing at Nevada on Oct. 22, 2016.

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Cowboys-Wolf Pack: How It Happened/What They Said (WyoSports.net)

– Wyoming didn’t stop Nevada’s offense many times Saturday, but it did in the fourth quarter to keep the Wolf Pack at arm’s length. Trailing 35-27, Nevada took over at its own 37 early in the quarter. The Wolf Pack methodically drove deep into Wyoming territory, getting as close as the UW 12-yard line. But thanks to a Nevada penalty, the Wolf Pack was forced to settle for a 37-yard field goal, which missed wide left. The 12 play, 43-yard drive ate up 5:23 on the clock, but no points.

http://www.wyosports.net/university_of_ ... f3ff5.html

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Wyoming-Nevada notebook: Allen had plenty of support in the stands (WyoSports.net)

RENO, Nevada — Josh Allen isn’t from Reno, but you wouldn’t have known it after seeing and hearing the fans he had at the game.

“I had about 100 people from home bus up and drive up,” Allen said after the Cowboys’ 42-34 victory at Nevada Saturday night at Mackay Stadium.

“I’m glad they got to see the game they saw. It’s special having all these people here. It really hits home to me.”

http://www.wyosports.net/university_of_ ... d12aa.html

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Gagliardi analysis: Hill’s flu game to go down in UW football lore (WyoSports.net)

“I don’t know what it was, but luckily I was able to finish it out,” Hill said. “It came out of no where and just happened (Saturday). I tried to drink as many fluids as possible. I’m really tired, but I got past it.”

The 289 yards was the second-most in a game in UW history. It was Hill’s seventh 200-yard game for the Cowboys, and he owns four of the school’s top 10 single-game rushing performances.

http://www.wyosports.net/university_of_ ... b1a01.html

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Wyoming postgame celebration at Nevada (WyoSports)

University of Wyoming players celebrate with fans after the Cowboys defeated Nevada 42-34 at Mackay Stadium in Reno, Nevada on Saturday, Oct. 22, 2016. Video by Robert Gagliardi/WyoSports

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Logan Wilson (WyoSports)

University of Wyoming redshirt freshman outside linebacker Logan Wilson had the game-clinching interception with 32 seconds to play in the Cowboys' 42-34 win at Nevada on Saturday, Oct. 22, 2016 at Mackay Stadium in Reno, Nevada. Video by Robert Gagliardi/WyoSports

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Brian Hill (WyoSports)

University of Wyoming junior running back Brian Hill talks to the media after the Cowboys' 42-34 win at Nevada on Saturday, Oct. 22, 2016 at Mackay Stadium in Reno, Nevada. Hill had career-highs with 289 yards and three touchdowns, and played ill. Video by Robert Gagliardi/WyoSports

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Josh Allen (WyoSports)

University of Wyoming redshirt sophomore quarterback Josh Allen talks to the media after the Cowboys' 42-34 victory at Nevada on Saturday, Oct. 22, 2016 at Mackay Stadium in Reno, Nevada. Allen was 8 of 12 for 135 yards, and also ran nine times for 52 yards and a touchdown. Video by Robert Gagliardi/WyoSports

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Craig Bohl (WyoSports)

Third-year University of Wyoming football coach Craig Bohl talks after the Cowboys' 42-34 win at Nevada on Saturday, Oct. 22, 2016 at Mackay Stadium in Reno, Nevada. Video by Robert Gagliardi/WyoSports

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Press Conference: Nevada Post Game (10/22/16) -- Wyo-Vision

Hear from the following after the Pokes' win at Nevada

Head Coach Craig Bohl
Brian Hill
Josh Allen
Logan Wilson
Austin Conway

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Highlights: Football at Nevada (10/22/16) -- Wyo-Vision

Highlights of the Pokes' 42-34 win over Nevada on 10/22/16 at Mackay Stadium in Reno, Nevada.