2016 Wyoming Football Articles/Videos/Tweets

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Junky, Tiller was already Purdues coach when he made the safety call

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Long-time rivals Wyoming, BYU to meet in Poinsettia Bowl (WyoSports.net)

“It’s been way too long. We can’t wait to roll out the red carpet for the Cowboys football team and all their fans,” Mark Neville, executive director of the Poinsettia Bowl said.

“It will take a little bit of time for guys to get a bounce back in their step after that loss,” third-year coach Craig Bohl said Sunday night while he was on the road recruiting. “But we’ve had an excellent season, and now get to and cap it off at a great bowl venue against an excellent program. We’re excited about that.”

http://www.wyosports.net/university_of_ ... 6a75a.html

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Behind Enemy Lines:

BYU, Wyoming to renew old rivalry in Poinsettia Bowl (Deseret News)

“We’re fired up to get the Wyoming Cowboys to go up against BYU,” said Mark Neville, executive director of the San Diego Bowl Game Association. “They haven’t played in a San Diego bowl game in almost 30 years. We still remember those days when they were here and having some of the most enthusiastic fans in the country. We look forward to welcoming them to San Diego and rolling out the red carpet. I think we’re going to have a pretty darn good football game. This is an old rivalry from the old Mountain West and WAC days, and we look forward to kick-starting that rivalry once again.”

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8656 ... -Bowl.html

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Wyoming football to renew rivalry with BYU in bowl game (trib.com)

“The young men in this football program don’t understand the history and tradition and rivalry of the Wyoming-BYU series, but they will by (Dec.) 21,” Burman said. “I’m very confident that they will come out and play to the very best of their ability on that that day. It’s a big day for the people of Wyoming.”

Said senior linebacker Lucas Wacha: “(I know) that Wyoming and BYU were huge rivals back in the day, but we haven’t really experienced the rivalry against that team. But it’s going to be good and playing a team that this state has had a good past with and a rivalry with it’s going to be.”

http://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming/ ... user-share

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Last edited by POKE FAN on Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

San Diego Bowl Association President Ted Tollner on BYUSN (BYUtv Sports)

Ted Tollner of the San Diego Bowl Game Association joined #BYUSN to discuss BYU vs Wyoming Poinsettia Bowl Matchup

It's Matich Monday with Trevor Matich! (BYUtv Sports)

ESPN's @TMatich explains why he his excited for BYU vs Wyoming in the Poinsettia Bowl on #BYUSN.

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Wyoming men's basketball team enjoying Austin Conway's success on football field (trib.com)

But his favorite of the three touchdowns was his 60-yard punt return touchdown at UNLV, which briefly gave Wyoming the lead.

“It was just exciting in the moment of the game,” he said. “When it happened and electrifying the away crowd like that, I think that was probably the most exciting and I would say my favorite.”

“Every time he’s in a punt return, I’m hoping for a return,” Wyoming men’s basketball coach Allen Edwards said. “Not a touchdown all the time, but something nice.”

http://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming/ ... 6e08c.html

whyoh
WyoNation Addict

disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

The Bond Between a QB and WR: Allen & Gentry (KTWOSports)

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Nulph column: Best thing about Wyoming football is its youth (WyoSports.net)

Joe Tiller was the coach of that team before heading for Purdue when it was over.

Tiller, despite the acrimonious ending in Laramie, had such a soft spot for the Cowboy State that he settled in the northwest part of the state upon retiring from coaching.

Talking with the former Cowboys coach last week about UW’s return to a conference championship game for the first time since 1996, he had nothing but glowing things to say about current coach Craig Bohl, the team and the direction of the program.

http://www.wyosports.net/university_of_ ... 0a517.html

LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

R.I.P. blue spruces! It always makes my heart sting a bit when a tree in town has to go (because they take so long to grow and provide so much benefit), but these are making way for a better cause :thumb:
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

LanderPoke wrote:
R.I.P. blue spruces! It always makes my heart sting a bit when a tree in town has to go (because they take so long to grow and provide so much benefit), but these are making way for a better cause :thumb:
i will miss them....i wlways thought it was pretty cool that our players ran onto the field from a little forest
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'