2016 Wyoming Football Articles/Videos/Tweets

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Las Vegas Bowl Moment 10: Wyoming rallies for first bowl victory in 38 years (LV Review-Journal)

To celebrate the local bowl’s 25th anniversary milestone, the Review-Journal will rank the top 25 moments in Las Vegas Bowl history. We’ll relive one moment per day until game day on Dec. 17 at Sam Boyd Stadium:

No. 10: Wyoming completes comeback over UCLA

http://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/foo ... y-38-years

Poke-proud
Cowpoke

Yup. Blue spruce primarily grow in very close proximity to streams and rivers. High altitude riparian environments. These trees were not getting enough water and were planted too close together. Look at the trees in the other end zone, they look much healthier b/c they're close to some irrigated grass. Blue spruce need their room and should not ever be planted close together or in clumps. I really like trees, btw :geek: [quote]

Any suggestions on how to grow palm trees. They just don't do well once the snow and cold of winter.

I'll try a couple more this next summer.

[emoji15][emoji14]

and I can't get this to show the [\quote] right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Gagliardi column: UW-BYU history revisited, but a rivalry? Not so much (WyoSports.net)

For UW fans, especially those in western Wyoming, there is a strong disdain for BYU — and that’s putting it mildly. Whether it has been the long-term success of BYU football going back to the early 1970s, when LaVell Edwards became the coach, or the strong population of people affiliated with the Mormon Church in that part of the state, many Wyomingites and UW sports fans — not just football fans — have learned to dislike BYU.

UW football changed forever in 1969 when 14 black players wanted to wear black armbands and protest what they felt was racial discrimination by BYU and the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Eaton kicked those players off the team. Known as the Black 14 incident, UW went from a national powerhouse to the doldrums just like that.

http://www.wyosports.net/university_of_ ... f95f5.html
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

'81 "Blizzard Game" helped add spark to UW/BYU series (kgwn.tv)

The Cowboys, behind quarterback Phil Davis would beat a BYU Cougars team stacked with players including: Jim McMahon, Steve Young (on the bench), Kyle Whittingham, and others.

When asked at halftime if UW coach Al Kincaid wanted to clear the field of snow, he said "keep it." The Cowboys would go on to win the game 33-20 over AP ranked #13 BYU.

Video here: http://www.kgwn.tv/content/news/81-Bliz ... 79135.html

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Poinsettia Bowl: Wyoming vs. BYU - Wednesday, December 21st - San Diego, CA (Wyo-Vision)

After a 6 year absence, Wyoming will play BYU on the gridiron at the Poinsettia Bowl in San Diego, CA. The game will be televised nationally on ESPN.

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Best of the Bowls: Top performances by UW players, coaches in bowl history selected (WyoSports.net)

Let’s have some fun to kick off the bowl coverage for the University of Wyoming football team.

UW plays the 14th bowl game in its 120-year football history when it faces Brigham Young in the Poinsettia Bowl on Dec. 21 in San Diego.

I went back and researched UW’s previous 13 bowl games and came up with an All-Wyoming Bowl Team.

http://www.wyosports.net/university_of_ ... 9b673.html

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Turelli's Take: Wyoming senior long snapper Brendan Turelli provides daily updates of Cowboys' bowl preparations (WyoSports.net)

First off I would like to take this moment to thank all the Cowboys fans that will be reading. Our team had one of the best seasons it has had in recent memory; a lot of it had to do with the players, a lot of it had to do with the coaches, but a lot of had to do with the fans constant support.

http://www.wyosports.net/university_of_ ... user-share

wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

Really wish they could have kept the trees there
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

I do love the trees as they are very unique that way. But progress often means out with the old and in with the new.

C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 133 times
Been liked: 141 times

I'd rather have a 40 million dollar complex than a few pine trees . Plant more out front

W-Y, Until I Die!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

wyokoke wrote:Really wish they could have kept the trees there
I get that people want to keep the trees for sentimental reasons, but to me this is a better use of space and I think it will really make a statement both in person and on TV.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 133 times
Been liked: 141 times

Is it going to be finished by next years football season?

W-Y, Until I Die!
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

laxwyo wrote:Is it going to be finished by next years football season?

Looks like 18 month minimum so should be ready for 2018 season

C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 595 times
Been liked: 238 times

laxwyo wrote:I'd rather have a 40 million dollar complex than a few pine trees . Plant more out front

I heard that there is a massive landscaping project in the works between the AA and the HAPC. 50+ trees and utilization of the spruce timbers that were just cut down.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

pokefanchaz7 wrote:
laxwyo wrote:Is it going to be finished by next years football season?
Looks like 18 month minimum so should be ready for 2018 season
Yup, the timeline I last saw said 18-20 months. With construction beginning earlier this month, that would put it at June to August 2018.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo