Entering Game 7: Wyoming has an 82.5% chance of making it to a bowl game

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

LanderPoke wrote:Crazy how the rolls seem to be reversed for the Cowboys and Wolfpack this year. Nevada had a respectable season coming into Laramie last year and got beat. I hope we can avoid a similar let down.

We should be able to run the ball on Nevada. When we can run the ball effectively we are damn hard to beat.
This game smells of trap game. Boise at home next week. Nevada coming off a BAD loss to SJSU. Payback from being one of two who lost to UW last year. I hope the guys go in there to play. No EMU pant pissing again.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Expat_Poke wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:So what you're saying it we're going bowling!
Not out of my mouth, a lot of football left. I won't be saying that until Cowboys get win #7, and before that, they need to get wins #6 and #5. 6-6 makes Wyoming bowl eligible. While a 6-6 team likely goes bowling, it does not guarantee a bowl game.
Considering a handful of teams went bowling while only winning 5 games last year, I think it's safe to say 6 is enough to get in. Don't forget there are 743 bowl games now.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

djm19 wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:Crazy how the rolls seem to be reversed for the Cowboys and Wolfpack this year. Nevada had a respectable season coming into Laramie last year and got beat. I hope we can avoid a similar let down.

We should be able to run the ball on Nevada. When we can run the ball effectively we are damn hard to beat.
This game smells of trap game. Boise at home next week. Nevada coming off a BAD loss to SJSU. Payback from being one of two who lost to UW last year. I hope the guys go in there to play. No EMU pant pissing again.
It sure does smell like a trap game. We still haven't proven that we can beat a team that isn't our rival on the road. We haven't done that since 2014. CSU, there's a reason we we're up for that. It was a bus ride to the boot.

Nevada is a plane ride to a game where we're favored to win, against a team we have very little history with.

If any game on our schedule says "trap game", it's this one.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

Hopefully it isn't a reverse scenario from last year. I will add the Pokes have had two weeks to prepare. And considering they only won 2 games last year, I don't think they overlook anyone. They are young and hungry for success.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 300 times
Been liked: 119 times

Cowboy Junky wrote:
djm19 wrote:

It sure does smell like a trap game. We still haven't proven that we can beat a team that isn't our rival on the road. We haven't done that since 2014. CSU, there's a reason we we're up for that. It was a bus ride to the boot.

Nevada is a plane ride to a game where we're favored to win, against a team we have very little history with.

While I agree, this is a trap game (unfortunately), our tilt against UNLV on the 12th could be an even greater "trap game" being basically the same scenario...with Whale's kitty coming into the War the following week.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

McPeachy wrote:
Cowboy Junky wrote:
djm19 wrote:

While I agree, this is a trap game (unfortunately), our tilt against UNLV on the 12th could be an even greater "trap game" being basically the same scenario...with Whale's kitty coming into the War the following week.
Yep. One of these years we'll win all of our trap games. We already lost EMU, so now we have a chance to bounce back and win the next two trap games vs. the Nevada schools.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.