How many scholarships do we get to fill this year? Big time opportunity for Cowboys to become conference champions.

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

According to Gowyo, these are our seniors. I'm not sure if all of them are on scholarship or if they're walk-ons. I would imagine the official Wyoming athletics roster only lists our scholarship players, but I'm not sure. 18 seniors with attrition puts us close to a full 25, even though we didn't have ANY attrition in fall camp this year. With our walk-on program, some guys might be getting scholarships that are already here. I'm going to list Brian Hill with these guys, because I'm expecting that he's going to leave.

Brian Hill
Chase Appleby
Du'Ryan Ebbesen
Jordan Ellis
Tanner Gentry
Jacob Hollister
Adam Kinder
Justin Martin
Jake Malhuardt
D.J. May
Devin Mckenna
Trevor Meeder
Eli Moody
Eric Nzeocha
Chase Roullier
Brendan Turelli
Lucas Wacha
Shaun Wick
Ehtan Wood

After back to back wins against our rivals, with 38 recruits attending the AFA game, and a bye week to capitalize on the momentum, RIGHT NOW is when Wyoming turns a solid MWC team into a conference champion. This is Bohl's fourth recruiting class at Wyoming. This is the year when he's finally recruited an entire cycle, although many argue that it takes 5 years to recruit a cycle when you get a late state like Bohl did.

Out of those 19 players we will likely lose(18 seniors and Hill), only 13 of them get significant minutes.

The future of Cowboy football is extremely bright. We lose some very good players this year, but not a lot of them. It's hard to imagine that next years team isn't significantly better than this years team. Next year, we likely won't have many true freshman in the two deep. This is the class that gives us depth. This is the class that gives us the amount of upper classmen you need to compete for a MWC title.

It's finally starting to feel like we're almost back to having a football team that competes for MWC titles every year.

Give em hell Wyo.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 142 times

Cowboy Junky wrote:According to Gowyo, these are our seniors. I'm not sure if all of them are on scholarship or if they're walk-ons. I would imagine the official Wyoming athletics roster only lists our scholarship players, but I'm not sure. 18 seniors with attrition puts us close to a full 25, even though we didn't have ANY attrition in fall camp this year. With our walk-on program, some guys might be getting scholarships that are already here. I'm going to list Brian Hill with these guys, because I'm expecting that he's going to leave.

Brian Hill
Chase Appleby
Du'Ryan Ebbesen
Jordan Ellis
Tanner Gentry
Jacob Hollister
Adam Kinder
Justin Martin
Jake Malhuardt
D.J. May
Devin Mckenna
Trevor Meeder
Eli Moody
Eric Nzeocha
Chase Roullier
Brendan Turelli
Lucas Wacha
Shaun Wick
Ehtan Wood

After back to back wins against our rivals, with 38 recruits attending the AFA game, and a bye week to capitalize on the momentum, RIGHT NOW is when Wyoming turns a solid MWC team into a conference champion. This is Bohl's fourth recruiting class at Wyoming. This is the year when he's finally recruited an entire cycle, although many argue that it takes 5 years to recruit a cycle when you get a late state like Bohl did.

Out of those 19 players we will likely lose(18 seniors and Hill), only 13 of them get significant minutes.

The future of Cowboy football is extremely bright. We lose some very good players this year, but not a lot of them. It's hard to imagine that next years team isn't significantly better than this years team. Next year, we likely won't have many true freshman in the two deep. This is the class that gives us depth. This is the class that gives us the amount of upper classmen you need to compete for a MWC title.

It's finally starting to feel like we're almost back to having a football team that competes for MWC titles every year.

Give em hell Wyo.
It's definitely a turning point. A lot of skill there that we're losing. Trevor Meador should be back for a 6th year after a medical. I believe I read a story when he was hurt again. It'd be nice to have him for depth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

laxwyo wrote:
Cowboy Junky wrote:According to Gowyo, these are our seniors. I'm not sure if all of them are on scholarship or if they're walk-ons. I would imagine the official Wyoming athletics roster only lists our scholarship players, but I'm not sure. 18 seniors with attrition puts us close to a full 25, even though we didn't have ANY attrition in fall camp this year. With our walk-on program, some guys might be getting scholarships that are already here. I'm going to list Brian Hill with these guys, because I'm expecting that he's going to leave.

Brian Hill
Chase Appleby
Du'Ryan Ebbesen
Jordan Ellis
Tanner Gentry
Jacob Hollister
Adam Kinder
Justin Martin
Jake Malhuardt
D.J. May
Devin Mckenna
Trevor Meeder
Eli Moody
Eric Nzeocha
Chase Roullier
Brendan Turelli
Lucas Wacha
Shaun Wick
Ehtan Wood

Give em hell Wyo.
It's definitely a turning point. A lot of skill there that we're losing. Trevor Meador should be back for a 6th year after a medical. I believe I read a story when he was hurt again. It'd be nice to have him for depth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When's the last time we didn't have to recruit a full 25 players? We might be in that position this year, with the small senior class and the weeding out of players that didn't want to be here.

Bohl has turned DC's weaknesses around in three short years. We didn't have any attrition in camp this year. No one quit the team. With the walk-on program that's already produced three starters: Hall, Epps, Wilson, we've got more able bodies on the sideline that we've had in years.

Hopefully we'll keep up the momentum this year and finish with 7-9 wins, but you have to be excited about the upcoming seasons. We're still a young team and the improvement is obvious.

This year's recruiting class is going to be huge for Wyoming.

National Champions 1943.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

I do.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Logan Wilson was never a walk-on. He had a scholarship right out of high school along with Harshman.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

I was thinking about this too, from a recruiting standpoint, we're starting to look pretty solid. It seems the kids in our "system" have bought into what Bohl is trying to do, and we have multiple guys who I'm excited to see next year.

Considering the work our strength staff did on Granderson, what are we going to see from Ja'Chai Baker and Dustin Weeks next season? Also very curious what Okwoli has. He seems like he could be a great threat at wideout.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

marcuswyo wrote:Logan Wilson was never a walk-on. He had a scholarship right out of high school along with Harshman.
Thanks. I thought Logan was a walk-on. Even better. Wyoming kids are getting scholarships and starting for Wyoming. :D

National Champions 1943.

I do.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

If we win our next two games, odds are pretty good we'll be playing for that championship this season.

After seeing how Boise looked against the Sheep, I'd put our odds of being division champions at about 4-1.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

Hill could stay with the way the market is for running backs. That would be huge for next year.

Losing Maulhardt and Gentry could be a big blow. These two are big, reliable receivers. I'm worried, but Johnson has looked great this year, Conway is a homerun threat who will have another year of practice under his belt, and #80 has also looked solid.

Roullier is a great player who will be difficult to replace. Hopefully the young guys starting this year will provide the leadership for that 5th guy on the line next year.

I never thought I would say it, but DJ May has become a very good linebacker instead of an athlete. Replacing his speed and IQ at that position will be very difficult. This is my biggest concern for next year as Wacha is also a solid linebacker we will be losing.

Two more years of Allen is the biggest thing. Quarterbacks can lift mediocre teams to double digit wins, especially in weak conferences like the MWC.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

DVDA wrote:Hill could stay with the way the market is for running backs. That would be huge for next year.

Losing Maulhardt and Gentry could be a big blow. These two are big, reliable receivers. I'm worried, but Johnson has looked great this year, Conway is a homerun threat who will have another year of practice under his belt, and #80 has also looked solid.

Roullier is a great player who will be difficult to replace. Hopefully the young guys starting this year will provide the leadership for that 5th guy on the line next year.

I never thought I would say it, but DJ May has become a very good linebacker instead of an athlete. Replacing his speed and IQ at that position will be very difficult. This is my biggest concern for next year as Wacha is also a solid linebacker we will be losing.

Two more years of Allen is the biggest thing. Quarterbacks can lift mediocre teams to double digit wins, especially in weak conferences like the MWC.
I agree about Hill. I think he's going to look at the surfeit of RB's in this draft class and also think about the difference between a decent year vs. a potential championship year and stick around for his senior year...

We will reload at receiver, we always seem to manage to do that.

May, however, will be a huge loss...
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Wyovanian wrote:
DVDA wrote:Hill could stay with the way the market is for running backs. That would be huge for next year.

I agree about Hill. I think he's going to look at the surfeit of RB's in this draft class and also think about the difference between a decent year vs. a potential championship year and stick around for his senior year...

I think they like freshman Cash Maluia a lot. Cash plays mostly special teams right now. He's about the same size as May and is nearly as fast. I think we've got some other linebackers that the coaches like a lot that are on redshirt including Adrian King, Drew Harvey and Jahmari Moore.
Last edited by LanderPoke on Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

LanderPoke wrote: I think they like freshmen Cash Maluia a lot. Cash plays mostly special teams right now. He's about the same size as May and is nearly as fast. I think we've got some other linebackers that the coaches like a lot that are on redshirt including Adrian King, Drew Harvey and Jahmari Moore.
Before the Pokes opened some eyes with the wins against CS-ewe and Air Force, Bohl wanted to assure the fans/media during a weekly press conference that the "cavalry is coming". He and the staff obviously like players they have in the pipeline. Plus, the players are becoming more comfortable with the system and what's expected of them. Obviously, the more freshmen the staff can redshirt each year the better for the program.

As you mentioned with the LBs, Wyoming has some nice size in the R-Fr and Fr class:
Drew Harvey (234 lbs)
Adrian King (220)
Cassh Maluia (223)
Jahmari Moore (219)
Jaylon Watson (239)
Logan Wilson (225) -- starting

You're starting to see the glimpses of speed and physical play on defense that Bohl envisions for this program.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Wyovanian wrote:If we win our next two games, odds are pretty good we'll be playing for that championship this season.

After seeing how Boise looked against the Sheep, I'd put our odds of being division champions at about 4-1.
Wouldn't that be great. I don't even want to think about it, but getting SDSU in a December championship game at home this year would be awesome.

I don't think we're there yet, but I feel a lot better about our chances after watching CSU give Boise all they want.

National Champions 1943.

I do.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Cowboy Junky wrote: I don't think we're there yet, but I feel a lot better about our chances after watching CSU give Boise all they want.
Recovering two onside kicks down 25 late in the 4th isn't exactly a method for success.

Plus, BSU sat several of their starters too with BYU on Thursday. They treated the sheep like a bye week.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

J-Rod wrote:
Cowboy Junky wrote: I don't think we're there yet, but I feel a lot better about our chances after watching CSU give Boise all they want.
Recovering two onside kicks down 25 late in the 4th isn't exactly a method for success.

Plus, BSU sat several of their starters too with BYU on Thursday. They treated the sheep like a bye week.
I agree. I don't think we'll beat Boise this year.

That first half, CSU completely outplayed Boise, with the exception of the final drive. It might have to do with the torrential downpour affecting Boise's ability to throw the ball, but they out played Boise for the majority of the first half.

In good weather, I think Boise will light us up through the air. Who knows though. Maybe we won't get good weather. It's been known to get downright nasty in Laramie at the end of October.

National Champions 1943.

I do.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

LanderPoke wrote:
Wyovanian wrote:

I think they like freshman Cash Maluia a lot. Cash plays mostly special teams right now. He's about the same size as May and is nearly as fast. I think we've got some other linebackers that the coaches like a lot that are on redshirt including Adrian King, Drew Harvey and Jahmari Moore.
I think they do as well. However, I believe May's replacement will be either Tim Kamana (who is his current backup) or Jalen Ortiz. It could be Cassh too. But, I think it goes to a senior.