Big 12 Expansion

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Poke-proud
Cowpoke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

The big 12 are publicity "friendly ladies". This whole thing was a joke. Undoubtedly doing this to get a new tv deal. I actually feel bad for the dozen schools who dumped time and money into this pipe dream that was never going to happen. Hmmm...maybe ol Burman knew something after all. Kept his nose out knowing this was a cluster.
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

It was pretty obvious from the moment the tv partners said they weren't onboard that this is what was going to happen. The current teams will get a small boost in payouts from the tv partners to stop them from expanding and diluting the product and being forced to pay a lot more out to the new teams
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

Poor byu... I feel so very badly for them...[emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

I said it sucks....to be.... a CSU ram, I said it suck....to.... be a CSU ram.

poor rammies lol
Expat_Poke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 3 times

Yeah CSU and all the others got used so that the Big12 could get more money. I think the Big 12 fully expected to expand, but they wanted to raid the ACC not any of the G5. Once they only got G5 applications and none from any P5 school, they also got wind that the TV companies were not on board and even willing to pay money not to add. That began the real public charade and circus.

I think this started as an attempt of one existing P5 who had been raided to eliminate the other existing P5 that had been raided before (the ACC as the Big East as a football conference the other one who was raided had already collapsed). The attempt backfired. The recent success by FSU and Clemson may have saved the ACC. Who knows what would have happened if it was a Big 12 team hosted the trophy for the 2013-2014 season rather than FSU.

This is all speculation, and with the Big 12 who knows.
Returned from my 4 year exodus in Greenieville
Poke-proud
Cowpoke

Poor "sheeples" are a lil butt-hurt today....... lolImage

Poke-proud
Cowpoke

Some funny "ram"blings in the ramnation boardImage

Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

Only thing I'm shocked about this is that a local sportswriter here in Oklahoma (Barry Tramel) was right on the money. This whole poop circus was just a totally lame gamble by the Big XII to get more money from the networks as others have said and one that was failed big time!!!!!! LOL 9 times outta 10 ole Tramel is wrong.

In all honestly...the Big XII will be dead in at least 5-6 years.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Poke-proud
Cowpoke

Too funny......Image

poke em
Buckaroo

Which tastes better, BYU or CSU fans' tears?
Poke-proud
Cowpoke

poke em wrote:Which tastes better, BYU or CSU fans' tears?
CSUs, only because we still play them and they talk "smack"

Last edited by Poke-proud on Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Wyokie wrote:In all honestly...the Big XII will be dead in at least 5-6 years.
Can the Mountain West capitalize and add some of these schools? Or will everyone likely be dispersed among the remaining P5 conferences?
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
Poke-proud
Cowpoke

joshvanklomp wrote:
Can the Mountain West capitalize and add some of these schools? Or will everyone likely be dispersed among the remaining P5 conferences?
SEC will win the biggest prizes

Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

Poke-proud wrote:
joshvanklomp wrote:
SEC will win the biggest prizes
A lot of OU fans here want OU to join the SEC ASAP! No clue what Okie State wants to do. None of the fans for OSU are really vocal about where they want the southern Pokes to go when the Big XII finally goes bell up.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

Why does MWC want to wait for news? Wait for what? Wait to see yourself get devalued? Why not act first? Houston, BYU, Gonzaga, Wichita St. why not be a better conference when it's just sitting there for the taking
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

Coeur d' Alene wrote:Why does MWC want to wait for news? Wait for what? Wait to see yourself get devalued? Why not act first? Houston, BYU, Gonzaga, Wichita St. why not be a better conference when it's just sitting there for the taking
This might come across as small time thinking (some of this board fully expected CSU to get an invite because of their stadium), but no thanks. I would love to add a Gonzaga for bball, but they have a pretty good gig and are aligned with similar schools. Say no to BYU. They are caustic and we shouldn't try to get them to join the MWC. They wouldn't anyway due to many factors...all of which would include a tail between the legs. Witchita State is an option...but only for BBall. I wouldn't want their newly reinstated football program. Houston has it pretty good too. We can try..but again the travel would be a pain for them.

The big question, is what would expansion get the MWC?
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

JimmyDimes wrote:
Coeur d' Alene wrote:Why does MWC want to wait for news? Wait for what? Wait to see yourself get devalued? Why not act first? Houston, BYU, Gonzaga, Wichita St. why not be a better conference when it's just sitting there for the taking
This might come across as small time thinking (some of this board fully expected CSU to get an invite because of their stadium), but no thanks. I would love to add a Gonzaga for bball, but they have a pretty good gig and are aligned with similar schools. Say no to BYU. They are caustic and we shouldn't try to get them to join the MWC. They wouldn't anyway due to many factors...all of which would include a tail between the legs. Witchita State is an option...but only for BBall. I wouldn't want their newly reinstated football program. Houston has it pretty good too. We can try..but again the travel would be a pain for them.

The big question, is what would expansion get the MWC?
So you agree that Gonzaga and Wichita would be good for basketball. You aren't really arguing that Houston and BYU wouldn't be great for this conference in football are you?
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

This conference should get better before another conference makes it worse. New Mexico, sdsu, unlv, and even af and Boise are important conference members for Wyoming. Csu isn't going anywhere. That is a joke idea
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

In a perfect world a merger between American conference and mwc would be great and have four divisions and have the champions of each division play each other and then have a championship game between the top two teams with the winner getting a ny6 bowl or if ranking is high enough a playoff team.

I get it's the wac 2.0 but how exciting would that be? It seems to me we would be stronger together then separate. Basketball could be separate and make this a football only deal.

C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!