Big 12 Expansion

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
cowboyz backer
Buckaroo

Coeur d' Alene wrote:
pokefanchaz7 wrote:In a perfect world a merger between American conference and mwc would be great and have four divisions and have the champions of each division play each other and then have a championship game between the top two teams with the winner getting a ny6 bowl or if ranking is high enough a playoff team.

I get it's the wac 2.0 but how exciting would that be? It seems to me we would be stronger together then separate. Basketball could be separate and make this a football only deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
But you don't have to take a merger. Just take the best ones. I loved the big wac. Just had some wrong schools[/quot

We have 10 of those 16 back together again already. We split of 17 years ago and essentially ended up together again.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Wyovanian wrote:
WestWYOPoke wrote:I agree that Houston would be a great addition, however, there is no way we would get them. It makes zero sense for them to leave, the AAC makes just as much geographical sense as the MWC and is a much stronger conference.
"Much" stronger? Not really. They're stronger than the MWC this season, no doubt, but that is variable season to season. Agree, though, that Houston would be tough to get, all things being equal...
According to the RPI, the strength of the AAC (25.91) is closer to the ACC (29.03), Big Ten (28.18), Pac-12 (27.88) and Big XII (27.46) than it is to the MWC (21.96). Meaning, we are further behind the AAC than they are every P5 conference except the SEC.

http://realtimerpi.com/college_football ... f_Men.html
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

WestWYOPoke wrote:
Wyovanian wrote:
WestWYOPoke wrote:I agree that Houston would be a great addition, however, there is no way we would get them. It makes zero sense for them to leave, the AAC makes just as much geographical sense as the MWC and is a much stronger conference.
"Much" stronger? Not really. They're stronger than the MWC this season, no doubt, but that is variable season to season. Agree, though, that Houston would be tough to get, all things being equal...
According to the RPI, the strength of the AAC (25.91) is closer to the ACC (29.03), Big Ten (28.18), Pac-12 (27.88) and Big XII (27.46) than it is to the MWC (21.96). Meaning, we are further behind the AAC than they are every P5 conference except the SEC.

Which is what I essentially said- they are stronger... THIS SEASON. Football doesn't end in January 2017, it just goes dormant until the next season begins...
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Wyovanian wrote:
WestWYOPoke wrote:
Wyovanian wrote:

Which is what I essentially said- they are stronger... THIS SEASON. Football doesn't end in January 2017, it just goes dormant until the next season begins...
I was trying to emphasize my much stronger comment, I agree that they are stronger "this year", but I would also argue that they are not just stronger, but significantly stronger.
dakarpoke
Buckaroo

The AAC is stronger this year, primarily due to the bottom of MW being so bad - namely Fresno, SJSt. Nevada and Utah St. I think Fresno and USU will improve soon, and Nev right behind them. You can just look at Wyoming and Hawaii compared to last year. I can also see Navy possibly going 7-1 and winning the AAC (their 3-0 now). So I don't think AAC is a ton better than the MWC despite RPI's.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 596 times
Been liked: 238 times

dakarpoke wrote:The AAC is stronger this year, primarily due to the bottom of MW being so bad - namely Fresno, SJSt. Nevada and Utah St. I think Fresno and USU will improve soon, and Nev right behind them. You can just look at Wyoming and Hawaii compared to last year. I can also see Navy possibly going 7-1 and winning the AAC (their 3-0 now). So I don't think AAC is a ton better than the MWC despite RPI's.
Utah state is on an obvious slide that I don't see ending any time soon. The coach they had before this one produced results that were a complete aberration from what they're used to.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 43 times

LanderPoke wrote:
dakarpoke wrote:The AAC is stronger this year, primarily due to the bottom of MW being so bad - namely Fresno, SJSt. Nevada and Utah St. I think Fresno and USU will improve soon, and Nev right behind them. You can just look at Wyoming and Hawaii compared to last year. I can also see Navy possibly going 7-1 and winning the AAC (their 3-0 now). So I don't think AAC is a ton better than the MWC despite RPI's.
Utah state is on an obvious slide that I don't see ending any time soon. The coach they had before this one produced results that were a complete aberration from what they're used to.
Translation...back to being total crap...much like Fort Fart.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Now that BYU and its fans have taken a creampie to the face regarding Big 12 expansion, it's time to keep the guard up. Seriously. Mentioning the Mountain West and BYU in the same tweet is a daily occurrence for BYU-related tweeters and others. Yeah, the loud ones love to say "no way" to the MWC and let's:
1) Build our own conference
2) Take the best from the MWC and AAC to form a new conference
3) Remain Indy because of our beautiful P5 scheduling

But the fact remains: BYU fans continue to mention MWC/BYU in the same breath AND the recent Deseret poll showed 53% wanting to come back to the MWC. Very disturbing. It's nice to see some on this board giving their honest opinions about BYU's return. Besides, having dealt with that school and its fanbase for decades, would you really want to associate again with people whose favorite Halloween candy is Nerds? (Is that some sort of psychological projection? I don't know.) Just say "no way" to that school.

Poke-proud
Cowpoke

POKE FAN wrote:Now that BYU and its fans have taken a creampie to the face regarding Big 12 expansion, it's time to keep the guard up. Seriously. Mentioning the Mountain West and BYU in the same tweet is a daily occurrence for BYU-related tweeters and others. Yeah, the loud ones love to say "no way" to the MWC and let's:

But the fact remains: BYU fans continue to mention MWC/BYU in the same breath AND the recent Deseret poll showed 53% wanting to come back to the MWC. Very disturbing. It's nice to see some on this board giving their honest opinions about BYU's return. Besides, having dealt with that school and its fanbase for decades, would you really want to associate again with people whose favorite Halloween candy is Nerds? (Is that some sort of psychological projection? I don't know.) Just say "no way" to that school.

No way to that school - or a newly organized "Mormon church ran" conference.

whyoh
WyoNation Addict

POKE FAN wrote:Now that BYU and its fans have taken a creampie to the face regarding Big 12 expansion, it's time to keep the guard up. Seriously. Mentioning the Mountain West and BYU in the same tweet is a daily occurrence for BYU-related tweeters and others. Yeah, the loud ones love to say "no way" to the MWC and let's:

I call bs on candy corn......that stuff is nasty

We give the good stuff, full size or bust

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

whyoh wrote:

It's definitely nasty, but somehow I eat so much of it every Halloween.

I'd go broke if I gave full size candy bars away. My house got raped and pillaged last Halloween. Must have had over 200 trick-or-treaters.
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

LanderPoke wrote:
whyoh wrote:

I'd go broke if I gave full size candy bars away. My house got raped and pillaged last Halloween. Must have had over 200 trick-or-treaters.
We've only been averaging about 150

LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

whyoh wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:
whyoh wrote:

We've only been averaging about 150

150 is a crap load, too
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

whyoh wrote: I call bs on candy corn......that stuff is nasty

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

150 and 200 Trick-or-Treaters. Holy crap.

I think we had maybe 50-60 last year, and our neighborhood is apparently pretty great as my son came home with enough to last him until Christmas even though he only walked up and down our short street.
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

Asmodeanreborn wrote:150 and 200 Trick-or-Treaters. Holy crap.

I think we had maybe 50-60 last year, and our neighborhood is apparently pretty great as my son came home with enough to last him until Christmas even though he only walked up and down our short street.
Our first year in our house we had like 12 if you include the pizza guy.........but when a neighborhood has a house or 2 with big candy bars, word tends to get around

ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Anyone else see this floating out there? Just one mans opinion but it is certainly an interesting view. Wouldn't hurt my feelings a bit.
https://twitter.com/AndyTsubasaF/status ... 9723139072
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

I'm not seeing this although I will say media market with Wyoming is really 500k so bigger then say csu who is really second fiddle to uc boulder.

C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:Anyone else see this floating out there? Just one mans opinion but it is certainly an interesting view. Wouldn't hurt my feelings a bit.
https://twitter.com/AndyTsubasaF/status ... 9723139072
He says UW and UNM then provides no reason other than it pushes the conference closer to the midwest and west Texas and increases the number of schools. They're better off sitting at 12 members than giving charity to UW or UNM.

The Pac-12 should add Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, and one other school to get to 16. Possibly drop Oregon State and Washington State to create a west coast division of 8 teams and a midwest division of 8 teams. The remaining Big 12 schools become G5 level and the Pac-12 becomes a moster conference.