Reno beat writer...

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

...picks Wyoming to win. Chris is a good guy, but tends to be a bit of a homer (Reno grad). If HE is picking Wyo 30-21, it's a good sign. I really don't think this Nevada team is any good at all. A team with no strengths.
https://twitter.com/MurrayRGJ/status/789497373596712960
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Purely on talent, this should be a W. But we haven't exactly had a stellar track record on the road. That's where the questions creep in.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

I'm extremely nervous for this game. If we can run the ball we'll win. If not, who knows?
gopokes1399
Blog Team

I disagree with they have no strengths, they have a strength in their running game... thankfullly we have a solid run D. Nevada's running back is one of the best in the country.

Josh, I agree purely on talent this is a W... But we don't have a great track record on the road and Nevada has won 6 straight at home and is 3-0 at home this year.

Lander, We should be able to run.. Nevada has given up 300+ on the ground twice and avg. run yards allowed is 250+

I think this is a W.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Also very nervous. I don't ever expect us to win on the road because it seems we find ways to screw things up.

On the other hand, we won the one road game that truly mattered, so I'll try to not be TOO upset if we have a letdown. I hope Allen's tuned in his throwing a bit. I'm fine with him throwing 100 mph fast balls, but they need to be more accurate too.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 31 times

J-Rod wrote:...picks Wyoming to win. Chris is a good guy, but tends to be a bit of a homer (Reno grad). If HE is picking Wyo 30-21, it's a good sign. I really don't think this Nevada team is any good at all. A team with no strengths.
https://twitter.com/MurrayRGJ/status/789497373596712960
Except a running back who is really effing good and is nearly tied with Brian Hill in rushing yards.
ImageImageImageImage
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Butler's numbers are good, but UNR has played the easiest schedule in the nation among FBS teams. There are 6 FCS teams who have played tougher schedules. Butler has feasted on the bad defenses, but been pedestrian vs. the ones that can walk and chew gum at the same time. Wyoming hasn't struggled with the run, it's the pass that's given them issues. They'll force Stewart to beat them, and that's where UNR is in trouble.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

J-Rod wrote:Butler's numbers are good, but UNR has played the easiest schedule in the nation among FBS teams. There are 6 FCS teams who have played tougher schedules. Butler has feasted on the bad defenses, but been pedestrian vs. the ones that can walk and chew gum at the same time. Wyoming hasn't struggled with the run, it's the pass that's given them issues. They'll force Stewart to beat them, and that's where UNR is in trouble.
The one thing is that he can catch the ball too. He's going to burn us more than once because of simple dump-offs. Then again, Wingard's had quite a few TFLs on plays like that.
dakarpoke
Buckaroo

I agree this is a game the Pokes should win, but they'll be playing a desperate Nevada team too. So it won't be easy by any stretch.
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 80 times

If the Pokes can come out and smack Nevada in the mouth out of the gate, I think the Wolfpack crumble in a heap of self-doubt and "here we go again" mentality, especially if it comes via the run. If we don't come out with a killer instinct and punch them hard to start, it will be a slugfest.
sqor
Buckaroo

what is bohls record after a bye?
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

In games this season we've been favored, we have laid an egg. I have the fear this has EMU written all over it. Hopefully two weeks has given us the time to work through any kind of let down we may have had and Bohl has the men ready to go. We NEED this win.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

sqor wrote:what is bohls record after a bye?
1-2, from what I can tell

2014: L at Hawaii, L vs. Boise
2015: W vs. UNLV
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 3 times

LanderPoke wrote:I'm extremely nervous for this game. If we can run the ball we'll win. If not, who knows?

Agreed. I felt good heading into afa. I am having reservations for tomorrow.