In case you young guys we're wondering, this IS Cowboy Tough football.

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Bohl said we would know it when we see it.

He was right. This is it.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

???
All I saw is a team that won't be able to hold Boise under 700 pass yards.

Our offense and rush D is much improved. But that pass D is anything but tough
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

5 wins for first time in Bohl era!
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Go on the road and run for 400 yards, when everyone in the stadium knows it. That is Cowboy Tough.

Agreed defensively, but for year 3 of Bohl, he's got our offense playing great football.

I'll give him a pass on the defense, especially missing our two best defensive linemen. We don't have the depth.

We do have Cowboy tough.

National Champions 1943.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

I do.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

cali2wyo wrote:???

Geez! Lighten up - we 3-0 in MWC and just won a MWC road game! That's Cowboy Tough in my book.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

LanderPoke wrote:

Geez! Lighten up - we 3-0 in MWC and just won a MWC road game! That's Cowboy Tough in my book.
We're exceeding everyone's expectations and doing great. But the tone of the OP was "we made it!" to me, saying "we'd know it when we see it". There's no way tonight's pass D has "made it". We're on the way, but there's plenty of reasons to expect a beating through the air next week
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

cali2wyo wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:

We're exceeding everyone's expectations and doing great. But the tone of the OP was "we made it!" to me, saying "we'd know it when we see it". There's no way tonight's pass D has "made it". We're on the way, but there's plenty of reasons to expect a beating through the air next week
I bet you're a blast at parties.
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Apparently it's no longer about if you win the game but how you play the game?? Maybe the biggest statement as to where this program is going. Fans are no longer satisfied with just getting a road victory.
PokeTransplant
Cowpoke
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 14 times

Down 2 of our top DLs for the majority of the game. Next man up for filling Granderson's shoes. Hopefully Appleby gets healed up for the epic-fest next week!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Most points in Craig Bohl era:
t1. 45 - 11/1/14 at Fresno State
t1. 45 - 9/17/16 vs. UC-Davis
3. 42 - 10/22/16 at Nevada
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

joshvanklomp wrote:
Apparently it's no longer about if you win the game but how you play the game?? Maybe the biggest statement as to where this program is going. Fans are no longer satisfied with just getting a road victory.
Nice job only quoting part of my post to drive your point. Obviously I'm stoked we're 3-0 in conference, better than 99% of us expected, and our team is making major strides in some areas. All I pointed out is that our pass defense needs to improve drastically if we want to be 4-0
yopaulie
Ranch Hand

cali2wyo wrote:
joshvanklomp wrote:
Nice job only quoting part of my post to drive your point. Obviously I'm stoked we're 3-0 in conference, better than 99% of us expected, and our team is making major strides in some areas. All I pointed out is that our pass defense needs to improve drastically if we want to be 4-0
No, your point was to say ???? to the assertion of cowboy tough. Seems absurd after running for 400 yards, getting a road victory, and doing it without our top two dlineman.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

cali2wyo wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:

Who said we've made it? You said that. I didn't.

I said I recognize a team playing "Cowboy Tough" football again. Bohl said I would know when I saw us playing Cowboy tough again. He was right. When you run the ball 16 straight times, and the defense CAN'T stop it, that is Cowboy tough.

Let me guess Cali2Wyo, are you one of these young kids that has never seen Cowboy Tough and thinks it's some b.s. catch phrase? How old are you?

Old school guys will know what they just saw. That was Cowboy Tough. It's not a catch phrase. It's a mentality to never give up, a confidence to assert your will on an opponent, and the ability to start the season 3-0 in conference for the first time since the last millinium, with a team that is still very young.

That was Cowboy Tough football. We gave those guys a physical beat down, regardless of score or the performance of a defense missing our two best defensive linemen.

National Champions 1943.

I do.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

Cowboy Junky wrote:
cali2wyo wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:

Who said we've made it? You said that. I didn't.

I said I recognize a team playing "Cowboy Tough" football again. Bohl said I would know when I saw us playing Cowboy tough again. He was right. When you run the ball 16 straight times, and the defense CAN'T stop it, that is Cowboy tough.

Let me guess Cali2Wyo, are you one of these young kids that has never seen Cowboy Tough and thinks it's some b.s. catch phrase? How old are you?

Old school guys will know what they just saw. That was Cowboy Tough. It's not a catch phrase. It's a mentality to never give up, a confidence to assert your will on an opponent, and the ability to start the season 3-0 in conference for the first time since the last millinium, with a team that is still very young.

That was Cowboy Tough football. We gave those guys a physical beat down, regardless of score or the performance of a defense missing our two best defensive linemen.
Yes, we were able to run over them like a steamroller and enforce our gameplan in most aspects, it was great to watch. But there's no way you can convince me our pass D was cowboy tough tonight. For me, all aspects of the team have to show that attitude and execution before I'd safely say they are playing Cowboy tough. If you disagree, that's fine.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Our offense scored 42 points and our QB was only 8/12 passing. Sounds pretty Cowboy Tough to me!
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

yopaulie wrote:
cali2wyo wrote:
joshvanklomp wrote:
No, your point was to say ???? to the assertion of cowboy tough. Seems absurd after running for 400 yards, getting a road victory, and doing it without our top two dlineman.
Yes that was my point, but only with respect to our pass D. A cowboy tough team would have been able to overcome those injuries and not look like Swiss cheese against a backup QB. Luckily our cowboy tough running game came through and asserted their will
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

The fact that Brian Hill rushed for his career record in a game tonight while being under the weather with a stomach bug -- yeah thats pretty damn tough.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

WyoBrandX wrote:The fact that Brian Hill rushed for his career record in a game tonight while being under the weather with a stomach bug -- yeah thats pretty damn tough.
Just read that. Crazy!
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

joshvanklomp wrote:
WyoBrandX wrote:The fact that Brian Hill rushed for his career record in a game tonight while being under the weather with a stomach bug -- yeah thats pretty damn tough.
Just read that. Crazy!
I was just listening to him on the radio. He wasn't feeling good at all. Wasn't himself in the interview. Thats pretty damned impressive.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

joshvanklomp wrote:Our offense scored 42 points and our QB was only 8/12 passing. Sounds pretty Cowboy Tough to me!
Only on one side of the ball though. Don't get me wrong, other than the hold in the second half, the offense did it's thing and (literally) ran over Nevada. But the defense, especially after Appleby went down, was gashed every way to Sunday. Even on two should-have-been fumbles, we were badly gashed.

The defense was shown to be paper thin on defense tonight. If we don't get Appleby back, and unless they figure something out for adjustments, we can really only call the offense "Cowboy Tough" right now.