MWC Championship Game- SDSU@WYO

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
HowBoutDemCowboys
Buckaroo

This sucks.
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

Asmodeanreborn wrote:Defense played well... offensive line blew it and Allen lost his head too many times. The screens worked great, yet we only utilized them twice.

36 Minutes without scoring. Big bummer.
Thank you, the screens and dump offs were there all night.
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

I don't understand Bohl and Vigens decisions for protection. Every time we max protected and put 2 receivers out Allen had time and found them. When we split 4 out they sacked us every time. Also the two play calls for Allen to run for a first down were horrible as well. Bohl and Vigen I guess aren't smart enough to figure it out.

Oh well onto the bowl game.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

The boys played hard, the defense played pretty well and the play calling was horrendous.
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

I don't care what CJ says, if an OC can't make adjustments for a blitz heavy defense, or be consistent enough on play calling, something has to change. This was one of the most frustrating games to watch. So much so, I had to change it, or blow my top (I admit, I take these things a bit too seriously and far). The defense, despite giving up some points, and the d-line being so thin, played well despite the constant bad positions the offense put them in.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

Quite possibly the worst game all year, the effort wasn't there except a couple plays. Very disappointing way to end the season and it's just going to keep the fans away instead of them embracing the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

Josh couldn't bail out Vigen this time.
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

Some rip-off stuff goin' on there.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Hate to say it but the improvements this team made were due to this being a poop conference. Some of Glenn's teams would have curb stomped San Diego. Pathetic showing for the biggest game in 20 years.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

Vigen needs to be fired ASAP!!!!

Losing 3 out of the last 4 games INCLUDING hosting the MWC Championship is BEYOND PATHETIC!!!!!!!!!!!!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Poke-proud
Cowpoke

All I want for Christmas is for the MWC to get some real refs instead of the jokers we have now.

rich22
Ranch Hand

marcuswyo wrote:Hate to say it but the improvements this team made were due to this being a poop conference. Some of Glenn's teams would have curb stomped San Diego. Pathetic showing for the biggest game in 20 years.
I disagree. Glenns teams wouldn't have got the ball across the 50. Unless Demo broke a big run. And Sween would have had 4 picks and we would have put in Dax Crum for the 4th quarter. Haha i think we forget how bad the QB posistion was under glenn. The mtn division has 5 of 6 going to bowl games. One CBS website had our division rated above the SEC East! I guess we will see in the bowl games but I think our division is pretty good. Boise beat two pac 12 teams and lost 2 times in our division. SDSU'S 2 of 3 losses were to our division. Air Force beat Navy who played for the AAC championship today.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

Poke-proud wrote:All I want for Christmas is for the MWC to get some real refs instead of the jokers we have now.

While the refs didn't cost us the game there was some terrible calls.

rich22
Ranch Hand

Wyokie wrote:Vigen needs to be fired ASAP!!!!

Losing 3 out of the last 4 games INCLUDING hosting the MWC Championship is BEYOND PATHETIC!!!!!!!!!!!!
Knee jerk reaction would not help anything.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

rich22 wrote:

Fire him? Maybe not just yet. But he has GOT to make adjustments, change things up when what he is using, isn't working at all.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

Wyo2dal wrote:Quite possibly the worst game all year, the effort wasn't there except a couple plays. Very disappointing way to end the season and it's just going to keep the fans away instead of them embracing the team.

So, how much do you want to bet that season ticket sales go up next season? I'm your huckleberry...
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
rich22
Ranch Hand

fromolwyoming wrote:
rich22 wrote:

Fire him? Maybe not just yet. But he has GOT to make adjustments, change things up when what he is using, isn't working at all.
I agree he needs to make better adjustments but the underneath receiver was open all night. Josh just had guys in his face all game. Also how do we even consider firing the coordinator for the number one offense in the conference?
Poke-proud
Cowpoke

Wyo2dal wrote:
Poke-proud wrote:All I want for Christmas is for the MWC to get some real refs instead of the jokers we have now.

While the refs didn't cost us the game there was some terrible calls.

How do they miss calling the BS that they did to Josh Allen after the tackle towards the end of the first half - the white hat was standing right there. "BS"!! They missed a hold on Logan Wilson on the kick return that went for 40 yards in the 4th. How do they not call the PI in the last part of the game?!!!! I think a case could be made it did affect the game and I believe we have a right to expect better for the MWC Championship game!!!!!

LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Wyo2dal wrote:Quite possibly the worst game all year, the effort wasn't there except a couple plays. Very disappointing way to end the season and it's just going to keep the fans away instead of them embracing the team.

lol step off the ledge, man. To make a comment like that you must be drunk. The kids played their butts off and tried their damndest
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

LanderPoke wrote:

lol step off the ledge, man. To make a comment like that you must be drunk. The kids played their butts off and tried their damndest
Yeah but we still lost! You play to win, not to get a participation award.

Last outright conference title....1988....when's the next one going to be? 30 more years????!!!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!