Holy crap batman, tickets are flying. This is going to be a great crowd.

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

Wyokie wrote:
wyoair wrote:
Wyokie wrote:
wyoair wrote:Thanks guys for the welcome. I've been a long-time reader here. I figured my first post better be a good one!
Welcome to the party! You from Casper? I'm a native of Casper (Jan. 1974-Jan. 1991).
Thanks for the welcome! Not originally. The wife and I moved here 4 years ago. I'm originally from Rawlins. Moved to Laramie after high school. The wife is from western Nebraska. So you must be an NC grad?
Nope. Attended KW before the folks moved to Oklahoma City during my Junior year in January of 1991. Pissed me off but....Oh, well.... :roll:
Sounds like it is time to get out of Oklahoma and come back to Wyoming.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

WyoBrandX wrote:
Wyokie wrote:
wyoair wrote:
Wyokie wrote:
wyoair wrote:Thanks guys for the welcome. I've been a long-time reader here. I figured my first post better be a good one!
Welcome to the party! You from Casper? I'm a native of Casper (Jan. 1974-Jan. 1991).
Thanks for the welcome! Not originally. The wife and I moved here 4 years ago. I'm originally from Rawlins. Moved to Laramie after high school. The wife is from western Nebraska. So you must be an NC grad?
Nope. Attended KW before the folks moved to Oklahoma City during my Junior year in January of 1991. Pissed me off but....Oh, well.... :roll:
I'll move back eventually. Just need to get a few things done here first...like get a career going....get a hot looking wife....etc....
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 142 times

How many of you guys are hitting the hoops game first?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!
nirv117
Ranch Hand

laxwyo wrote:How many of you guys are hitting the hoops game first?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm definitely going to the BBall game first. Of course I live in Laramie and have season tickets for basketball as well. I still got to plan out some food for after basketball - before football - should be time to get something tasty grilled up.
God is a Cowboy
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Yup. Doing the double header. Bball season ticket holder, as well
wyoair
Ranch Hand

Wyokie wrote:
WyoBrandX wrote:
Wyokie wrote:
wyoair wrote:
Wyokie wrote:
I'll move back eventually. Just need to get a few things done here first...like get a career going....get a hot looking wife....etc....
KW looks a lot different now that's for sure. Both the upgrades to KW and NC were done well. Just make sure that hot wife wants to move to Wyoming.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

wyoair wrote:
Wyokie wrote:
WyoBrandX wrote:
Wyokie wrote:
wyoair wrote:
Wyokie wrote:
KW looks a lot different now that's for sure. Both the upgrades to KW and NC were done well. Just make sure that hot wife wants to move to Wyoming.
As long as she NEVER ever roots for the unnamed ones aka BYU...and good-looking...I'll be O.K. :D
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
gopokes1399
Blog Team

Undecided on hoops...
SLCPoke
Cowpoke

Asmodeanreborn wrote:
calpoke25 wrote:I think we can expect a crowd in the low 20s. Better than I expected but I don't think we're going to come close to 25K+.
Definitely depends a lot on student turnout. I'm really surprised with the number of season tickets that didn't get picked up.

I'm pissed about how many weren't picked up. Thought for sure there would be a lot gone which is why I bought on the 30. Still good seats but they ain't the 50!!
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

wyoair wrote:
Wyokie wrote:
WyoBrandX wrote:
Wyokie wrote:
wyoair wrote:
Wyokie wrote:
KW isn't even really KW anymore......but the main staircase made out of the old basketball court is really stinkin cool

And who the hell said that you can't find a hot wife right here in God's country?
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

whyoh wrote:And who the hell said that you can't find a hot wife right here in God's country?
You obviously never been to Oklahoma, have ya?

A very good percentage of women here are damned good-looking. Only negative...some are OU fans. The Okie State ones I like partly because I can hold the 45-25 blowout win vs. Okie State in 1995 over their heads! Won $5 off a buddy of mine on that game!!!!
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

Someone on gowyogo posted that ticket sales dropped dramatically yesterday. I think aside from whatever walk ups we have and the students, most people who are coming have bought their tickets.
gopokes1399
Blog Team

Of course they slowed a little, but they are still selling and walk ups will account for a good amount I would think.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

Ticket sales have hit the weather wall...
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Wyovanian wrote:Ticket sales have hit the weather wall...
Yep. Lot of tickets available. Kind of sad, really. Laramie and surrounding cities have no excuse for not being there.
FarmerPoke
Cowpoke

djm19 wrote:
Yep. Lot of tickets available. Kind of sad, really. Laramie and surrounding cities have no excuse for not being there.
Sadly it's been that way for a long long time with regards to the immediate surrounding area, most particularly Laramie and Cheyenne residents.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

FarmerPoke wrote:
djm19 wrote:
Sadly it's been that way for a long long time with regards to the immediate surrounding area, most particularly Laramie and Cheyenne residents.
I didn't grow up there, I grew up on the west side of the state. Why is that? I try to make it to a few games a year, but it takes two travel days and hundreds per game. If I lived closer, I wouldn't miss a game.
FarmerPoke
Cowpoke

djm19 wrote:
FarmerPoke wrote:
djm19 wrote:
I didn't grow up there, I grew up on the west side of the state. Why is that? I try to make it to a few games a year, but it takes two travel days and hundreds per game. If I lived closer, I wouldn't miss a game.
Agreed, and same here. I really don't know why it is, just seems like a general disconnect between the university and local residents. I know an absolute crapload of folks in Laramie, plus a few in Cheyenne, that could care less that there's an institution of higher learning right in their back yard, and could care even less that there's athletic events associated with it. It just doesn't mean anything to a lot of folks which is to each their own I guess. But it does lead to a significant number of potential bodies in seats that will never be in said seats.
Edit: I'd be willing to venture that a significant majority of the pokes fanbase doesn't live in the Laramie/Cheyenne/Casper areas, because if it did, attendance numbers would look a lot different. I think as it stands, a great deal of diehard Pokes fans live hundreds, if not thousands of miles away, making attendance difficult.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

It's the type of people in Laramie. The town is transient and a lot of people don't have a strong connection to the university or state. Too many liberals that aren't interested in sports. :twocents:
FarmerPoke
Cowpoke

LanderPoke wrote:It's the type of people in Laramie. The town is transient and a lot of people don't have a strong connection to the university or state. Too many liberals that aren't interested in sports. :twocents:
Agreed 100%