Holy crap batman, tickets are flying. This is going to be a great crowd.

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

wyoair wrote:My wife and I being in Casper never miss a game. I graduated from UW as did my brother, mom and grandfather. So I'm definitely not the norm. I have the fortune to have grown up a fan all my life. Through the Josh Wallwork and Marcus Harris years, the botched safety in the '96 championship game (I was only 10)through the Jay Stoner and Marcus Brigham years, to the Josh Adams, Marcus Bailey, Ugo years and the Dimmel and f'ing Shroyer years to now. But I digress. So I guess my point is not being the norm as in being a fan since I can remember I can withstand good and ba years. Those Who don't have that strong connection to the University of Wyoming can't withstand long droughts of mediocrity or less than that. Those 20 years did a lot of damage to our Fanbase but it is slowly recovering. I remember not too long ago going through Shirley basin on my way to Laramie there was hardly any cars on our way. Now ever since the border war victory we see lines upon lines of cars traveling the same route to Laramie as we are. It's a pretty cool site to see the red lights traveling all the way back to Casper from Laramie. The championship season did wonders for the basketball enthusiasm and I think this season will too for the football team. It's just going to take a little bit more time as most a Fairweather fans or fans with loose connections to Wyoming are in a kind of wait and see or I'll see it when it happens deal. sorry that might be kind of a long winded post.
See I would argue you ARE the norm in terms of Wyoming fan. Strong personal connection to UW and family history. I think you're what makes up the majority of our or pretty much any other teams fan base, it's just we have such a limited alumni base to draw from. Sure if we had a Boise St. type run we'd pick up some bandwagon fans along the way but by and large I'd bet you're the norm, not the other way around.
wyoair
Ranch Hand

calpoke25 wrote:
wyoair wrote:My wife and I being in Casper never miss a game. I graduated from UW as did my brother, mom and grandfather. So I'm definitely not the norm. I have the fortune to have grown up a fan all my life. Through the Josh Wallwork and Marcus Harris years, the botched safety in the '96 championship game (I was only 10)through the Jay Stoner and Marcus Brigham years, to the Josh Adams, Marcus Bailey, Ugo years and the Dimmel and f'ing Shroyer years to now. But I digress. So I guess my point is not being the norm as in being a fan since I can remember I can withstand good and ba years. Those Who don't have that strong connection to the University of Wyoming can't withstand long droughts of mediocrity or less than that. Those 20 years did a lot of damage to our Fanbase but it is slowly recovering. I remember not too long ago going through Shirley basin on my way to Laramie there was hardly any cars on our way. Now ever since the border war victory we see lines upon lines of cars traveling the same route to Laramie as we are. It's a pretty cool site to see the red lights traveling all the way back to Casper from Laramie. The championship season did wonders for the basketball enthusiasm and I think this season will too for the football team. It's just going to take a little bit more time as most a Fairweather fans or fans with loose connections to Wyoming are in a kind of wait and see or I'll see it when it happens deal. sorry that might be kind of a long winded post.
See I would argue you ARE the norm in terms of Wyoming fan. Strong personal connection to UW and family history. I think you're what makes up the majority of our or pretty much any other teams fan base, it's just we have such a limited alumni base to draw from. Sure if we had a Boise St. type run we'd pick up some bandwagon fans along the way but by and large I'd bet you're the norm, not the other way around.
After reading your post I can see that. A relatively small alumni base coupled with a very big geographical region is very trying. I think our biggest issue were the "why would I drive several hours, spend hundreds of dollars to watch them lose. I can watch them lose on TV" crowd. I believe we are pun intended bucking that trend and crowd. Nect year will be key.
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

wyoair wrote:
calpoke25 wrote:
After reading your post I can see that. A relatively small alumni base coupled with a very big geographical region is very trying. I think our biggest issue were the "why would I drive several hours, spend hundreds of dollars to watch them lose. I can watch them lose on TV" crowd. I believe we are pun intended bucking that trend and crowd. Nect year will be key.
The geography doesn't help for sure. A very small, very spread out alumni base. It sounds like we're probably about the same age and similar family story too.
wyoair
Ranch Hand

calpoke25 wrote:
wyoair wrote:
calpoke25 wrote:
The geography doesn't help for sure. A very small, very spread out alumni base. It sounds like we're probably about the same age and similar family story too.
I'm 30. Class of 2009. I had the unfortunate time of going to UW during the Shroyer years :tickedoff: . What about you?
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

wyoair wrote:
calpoke25 wrote:
wyoair wrote:
calpoke25 wrote:
I'm 30. Class of 2009. I had the unfortunate time of going to UW during the Shroyer years :tickedoff: . What about you?
I'm 31, graduated in 2008 on the delayed 5 year plan ha. Yes Bball was not a highlight at that time unfortunately.
wyoair
Ranch Hand

calpoke25 wrote:
wyoair wrote:
calpoke25 wrote:
wyoair wrote:
calpoke25 wrote:
I'm 31, graduated in 2008 on the delayed 5 year plan ha. Yes Bball was not a highlight at that time unfortunately.
Bball was regrettable but it was nice watching Casey Bramlett, Bouknight, Barge, thunder and lightning.
Poke-proud
Cowpoke

Being a born and bread Wyomingite won't make you a fan of UW. IMO you or your parents need to have attended UW to be a fan.[/quote]
neither of my parents attended UW[/quote]
Mine either, and mine weren't Athletic not to mention WYO fans. I developed the affection myself. But guess what, I'll be there with two of my teenage sons Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Poke-proud
Cowpoke

Poke-proud wrote:Being a born and bread Wyomingite won't make you a fan of UW. IMO you or your parents need to have attended UW to be a fan.
neither of my parents attended UW[/quote]
Mine either, and mine weren't Athletic not to mention WYO fans. I developed the affection myself. But guess what, I'll be there with two of my teenage sons Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

nirv117
Ranch Hand

God is a Cowboy
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

What's the number of non-student seats?
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

If you add up the seats on the opposite side of the stadium lower level it would be the same I believe. Don't ask me to do the math but that's how it would work I assume.

The student seats are probably misleading though because for Texas and Nebraska games there were more students then seats and it was standing room only. So how many student seats are there? Not really an accurate number I would assume

C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

pokefanchaz7 wrote:If you add up the seats on the opposite side of the stadium lower level it would be the same I believe. Don't ask me to do the math but that's how it would work I assume.

The student seats are probably misleading though because for Texas and Nebraska games there were more students then seats and it was standing room only. So how many student seats are there? Not really an accurate number I would assume

using this method i just got 6,890

give or take a little because i only counted the north half and multiplied by 2

i also included three first three rows (which they don't sell on the west side)
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

I've heard 7800 student tkts, my home away from home, I refuse to "grow up" anywho, I wonder how many Denver people are making the trek, just curious
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

I'll be curious if with the mountain west running things they will be more strict about only students in the student section. Staying in purchased seats is more the norm other places

C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

stymeman wrote:I've heard 7800 student tkts, my home away from home, I refuse to "grow up" anywho, I wonder how many Denver people are making the trek, just curious
i could see that.....i just counted ALL of the gray dots in the student section (i know i know, get a life) and not counting the southernmost section where the band sits i'm at 6709

adding the band section i'm at 7687
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
Poke-proud
Cowpoke

2 - 10 in 2015, picked dead last in the Mtn division. It'll be disappointing if we can't pack the War for a conference championship.

Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Poke-proud wrote:2 - 10 in 2015, picked dead last in the Mtn division. It'll be disappointing if we can't pack the War for a conference championship.

Compare our last home game last season (11/28) with the last home game this season, though. We had 11,149 showing up for that game. Championship game or not, Wyoming has less than a full season of success to weigh against a dozen of awful with plenty of letdowns. Even though we haven't had letdowns at home this season, we've still lost two of our last three. And it's starting to get cold with potentially dicey roads...
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Asmodeanreborn wrote:
Poke-proud wrote:2 - 10 in 2015, picked dead last in the Mtn division. It'll be disappointing if we can't pack the War for a conference championship.

Compare our last home game last season (11/28) with the last home game this season, though. We had 11,149 showing up for that game. Championship game or not, Wyoming has less than a full season of success to weigh against a dozen of awful with plenty of letdowns. Even though we haven't had letdowns at home this season, we've still lost two of our last three. And it's starting to get cold with potentially dicey roads...
I was one of maybe about 2k maximum that was at that game.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

LanderPoke wrote:
Asmodeanreborn wrote:

I was one of maybe about 2k maximum that was at that game.
Haha, I think there were more than that, but yeah, should've said "sold tickets + scanned student tickets" or however it works, because there definitely wasn't 11,149 people in the seats.
nirv117
Ranch Hand

Oh Yea, I can waste time at work too (Lunch time) ...

On the upper East side there are 501 seats for sale on the website.
On the Lower West side there are 611 seats for sale (Secion A is blocked out for visitors I assume - 981 seats in that secion)
On the upper west side there are 2,469 seats for sale (BB is either blocked out for Visitors or sold out around 700 in that section)

Grand total as of about 1:45 pm = 3,581 for sale on GoWyo.com
God is a Cowboy