Does Brian Hill stay or go???

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

For what it's worth bleacher report says he's the 20th best running back prospect in this draft.

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/26 ... gs/page/14

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

pokefanchaz7 wrote:For what it's worth bleacher report says he's the 20th best running back prospect in this draft.

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/26 ... gs/page/14

so if recent history has any bearing.....that would put him right at the end of the 7th round.....or left out in the cold entirely
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

It also calls him the biggest sleeper but I'm not convinced that next year he wouldn't be a hotter commodity

PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

He needs to come back then. He needs a statement game at the end of the next year. He could up his status if he has a huge bowl game, but it still sounds like he should come back. Deep deep RB class this year. No mention of him the ESPN draft preview article discussing underclassman running backs.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

If he is certain he gets drafted, he should go.

He should also evaluate the benefit of the Senior Bowl. 1 on 1 with NFL coaches. If he impresses, word gets out. The Senior Bowl can help improve draft status.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

easy for me/us to say but Brian stay home, stay healthy tear it up with Josh next year, make a name for yourself!!!! GO POKES
wellpoke
Ranch Hand

Does losing the championship game play a factor for him? Maybe he stays in order to win that championship and increase his stock for next year.

Anybody know if he's finished with school? I know he can always come back and finish, but maybe that's a factor for him too?

I'd love to see him stay, but can't blame him if he moves on and takes a payday.

GO POKES!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

it seems rather tight lipped over there and I'm ok with that!!!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 226 times

I'm hearing more that he may be staying...

If he gets a draft grade anywhere in the top 5 rounds, he should go IMO. I believe only the first 4 rounds receive guaranteed contracts though. Either way, I'll be rooting for Brian Hill for years to come.

Also, I just can't take a draft projection serious that has Donnell Pumphrey going 11 RB choices before Brian Hill. I just don't see Pumphrey making it at the next level. Penny is the SDSU running back with an NFL future.

Damn what a fun year it could be with Josh Allen and Brian Hill both returning!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

ragtimejoe1 wrote:He should also evaluate the benefit of the Senior Bowl. 1 on 1 with NFL coaches. If he impresses, word gets out. The Senior Bowl can help improve draft status.
Biggest reason why I think he should stay
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
Poke-proud
Cowpoke

wellpoke wrote:Does losing the championship game play a factor for him? Maybe he stays in order to win that championship and increase his stock for next year.

Anybody know if he's finished with school? I know he can always come back and finish, but maybe that's a factor for him too?

I'd love to see him stay, but can't blame him if he moves on and takes a payday.

GO POKES!
I don't believe he's done with school. I saw something where he said his momma said he has to finish school. Doesn't mean he can't return to get a diploma like Brett Smith.

DVDA
A Real Cowboy

OrediggerPoke wrote:I'm hearing more that he may be staying...

If he gets a draft grade anywhere in the top 5 rounds, he should go IMO. I believe only the first 4 rounds receive guaranteed contracts though. Either way, I'll be rooting for Brian Hill for years to come.

Also, I just can't take a draft projection serious that has Donnell Pumphrey going 11 RB choices before Brian Hill. I just don't see Pumphrey making it at the next level. Penny is the SDSU running back with an NFL future.

I believe the NFL committee gives underclassmen either a top 2 round projection or they give them no feedback to avoid debacles like Brett Smith getting a mid round grade and never being drafted.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

There are no mandated guaranteed contracts in the NFL. Meaning that while some guaranteed contracts exist, that is because the player/agent negotiated that with the team when they signed. But there is no rule stating any contracts for any players are guaranteed. Closest thing to that is that all 1st round picks are guaranteed to make the roster, so in essence that is a guarantee for 1 year, but they could be cut after the first year.
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

WestWYOPoke wrote:

There are no mandated guaranteed contracts in the NFL. Meaning that while some guaranteed contracts exist, that is because the player/agent negotiated that with the team when they signed. But there is no rule stating any contracts for any players are guaranteed. Closest thing to that is that all 1st round picks are guaranteed to make the roster, so in essence that is a guarantee for 1 year, but they could be cut after the first year.
Is that actually guaranteed? I know the amount guaranteed in contracts and signing bonuses drop off significantly as you fall further in the draft, but I haven't heard anything about actually being guaranteed a roster spot through your contract/the CBA for first rounders.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 226 times

WestWYOPoke wrote:

You're right. I meant to say guaranteed money and not guaranteed contracts.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

DVDA wrote:
WestWYOPoke wrote:

Is that actually guaranteed? I know the amount guaranteed in contracts and signing bonuses drop off significantly as you fall further in the draft, but I haven't heard anything about actually being guaranteed a roster spot through your contract/the CBA for first rounders.
I believe it is a guarantee, or at least it was up until recently. I saw that on a Hard Knocks episode a few years ago. They said that all 1st round draft picks are guaranteed a roster spot for the first year. I suppose that could have changed since then however.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Word on the Pokes Radio street is Hill is gone. I'm torn. All the draft experts saying he is ranked 20th. Dino saying his sources saying 4th-5th round pick. Be smart Brian. Please don't make this decision based on emotion like Smith did.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

I won't be surprised either way but it is a very deep class of recruits and that spells trouble to me.

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

djm19 wrote:Word on the Pokes Radio street is Hill is gone. I'm torn. All the draft experts saying he is ranked 20th. Dino saying his sources saying 4th-5th round pick. Be smart Brian. Please don't make this decision based on emotion like Smith did.
That imbecile is desperately trying to gain cred with Wyoming fans. He doesn't care how disruptive his crap is as long as he is getting attention. He should have been 86'd when he rushed the dogpile after the game-winning TD in the NIU game.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Even if he is right, I wish he would have waited for Brian to break the news.