I am so proud of these Cowboys.

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:All this being said, what an amazing ride it's been. This team has overcome injuries and doubt and interesting play calling and schemes all year to embark on one of the most incredible season I have ever seen as a Pokes fan. There is no doubt the sting of this will fade and this team will be back. We still have business to attend to this year and the future looks very bright in Laramie.

Oh and by the way, f-word SDSU. What a bunch of pukes. And f-word that ref for no-calling that flying squirrel nut punch on Allen. Total BS
The ref must have not seen it is all I can think of. I could t believe we weren't gifted 15 yards on that play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

We are going to miss our wide receiving group the most of all players. Gentry made Allen look good on many of his big plays. I don't know what we have for red shirts or wide receiver recruits but if we want this kind of offensive production we need reinforcements there.

The cowboys lose gentry, hollister and maulhardt who accounted for most of the receptions by receiving group this year.

Johnson is rounding out as a nice target but after him I don't see anyone that gets me too excited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

My hat is off to the entire Cowboy football team and the entire coaching staff who were 2 & 10 last year and picked dead last at the start of this year by the know-it-alls. I wish all the seniors good luck and feel good about our future.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 16 times

While watching the game last night, I noticed a lot of overhead shots of the War. How did ESPN get those pics? Was there a blimp there last night!?
rich22
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 6 times

The one thing Allen needs to work on is actually pitching that ball on the play they ran on the forth and two. He tried to earlier in the game but he pitched it at the feet of Brian Hill. SDSU'S defense knew he wasn't pitching it on that forth down play because he hasn't successfully completed that pitch all year.

As far as the receivers go I think we will be fine. Okwoli played this year on special teams but he is the real deal and price is solid and Johnson has gotten better and better. I also think tyree mayfield, Josh harshman and Austin fort will collectively fill holisters shoe's.

But enough about next year we still have one more game this year!!!! Go pokes!
HiCountryCowboy
Ranch Hand

phxpoke wrote:While watching the game last night, I noticed a lot of overhead shots of the War. How did ESPN get those pics? Was there a blimp there last night!?
I'd guess an r/c drone.

Blimp and Wyoming are two things that don't mix very well.
HR_Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

HiCountryCowboy wrote:
phxpoke wrote:While watching the game last night, I noticed a lot of overhead shots of the War. How did ESPN get those pics? Was there a blimp there last night!?
I'd guess an r/c drone.

They had a full size helicopter flying around all night.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

djm19 wrote:Agreed. As I sit here in a dirty Value motel in Laramie, am I upset we lost? Of course. But I actually feel pretty good with things. I saw a bunch of young kids who played their butts off in cold weather with a lot of their teammates injured. The play-calling down the stretch was horrific. But, I think all in all they played the best they could and San Diego State just beat us tonight. They were ready, their defense was awesome.
Don't tell that to Wyo2Dal. He thinks we didn't try or give good effort
COS Cowboy
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

HR_Poke wrote:
HiCountryCowboy wrote:
I'd guess an r/c drone.

They had a full size helicopter flying around all night.
I think there were two helicopters actually.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

Really great season. In my opinion, we mainly needed to see life in the rebuild. We saw it in spades. Way beyond expectations and a win over byu would cap an excellent season.

Coaching? Hell I don't know. All the coaches got us to this point and I think the rebuild trajectory now looks good. Maybe coaching got us the wins much more so than the losses.

Overall, good times on the high Plains. Food for thought: we only had 1 loss to a non-bowl team. When was the last time that happened?
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.