Poinsettia Bowl

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

pokefanchaz7 wrote:Can I jump on board as saying let's leave religious bigotry out of this as not only recruits but many Wyoming fans are also lds and there is no need to alienate those fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Faith and religion are choices. Criticism of choice is always fair game...
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
Joe from WY
Buckaroo

BYU is little more than a Saudi Madrassa set in the Wasnatch Front. By wrapping themselves in their religion and using it to justify their behavior, they open themselves up for attack on it, particularly considering the past the LDS church has had.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

It still pisses me off that Boise got the Cactus Bowl invite. Cactus Bowl pays out 3.3 million, Poinsettia Bowl pays out 612k. I get that everyone loves Boise but we beat them and still got a poop bowl.

If we somehow could have pulled some road games together and beat UNM svc UNLV I think we could have claimed that bowl.

Granted Houston it's probably going to embarrass them but still just once I want to see us in a Bowl game that isn't bottom of the barrel.

Joe from WY
Buckaroo

Wyo2dal wrote:It still pisses me off that Boise got the Cactus Bowl invite. Cactus Bowl pays out 3.3 million, Poinsettia Bowl pays out 612k. I get that everyone loves Boise but we beat them and still got a poop bowl.

If we somehow could have pulled some road games together and beat UNM svc UNLV I think we could have claimed that bowl.

Granted Houston it's probably going to embarrass them but still just once I want to see us in a Bowl game that isn't bottom of the barrel.

Aren't all the Bowl monies pooled up and divided evenly amongst the 12 teams?
That said, I would have much rather had the Cactus Bowl.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

Joe from WY wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote:It still pisses me off that Boise got the Cactus Bowl invite. Cactus Bowl pays out 3.3 million, Poinsettia Bowl pays out 612k. I get that everyone loves Boise but we beat them and still got a poop bowl.

Aren't all the Bowl monies pooled up and divided evenly amongst the 12 teams?
That said, I would have much rather had the Cactus Bowl.
More about the achievement and a small amount of respect. No one respects teams that get invited to the these bottom of the barrel games.

Cosmic Cowboy
A Real Cowboy

Our offensive line needs to dominate this game. They are the heart and soul of this bowl for us I believe. If they can get a push on BYU's D and get the run game established we're gonna be playing our ball. Need to get Allen comfy back there in the pocket, light em up!
I just want our banged up D to know who they're playing. This is BYU. Look how many threads have sprung up on this board due to this matchup. This is a BIG TIME game for the UW fanbase. Play with that same heart you did back in WYO and our fanbase will be proud.
Coaching has to improve as well. Get us ready Bohl and company. A well called game could be enough to give us the edge here. Get this W!!!!
Riding High!!!
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

So byu going all white in the bowl game does that mean we wear home unis?

C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
cowboyz
Cowpoke

I agree with those that think this is a bad bowl game for us, especially for recruiting. The only one's watching will be BYU fans, Wyoming fans and casual college football fans, as we're the only game in town that day. I'd rather play a team from a conference, as many fans of the conference will be watching, not just of the team. I know I plan on catching as many MW bowl games as possible. I'd rather play a MAC team, Sun Belt etc. There could be HS coaches and players watching to see Ohio, Southern Miss or UCF etc., who could see what Wyoming is building and get a new opinion about the program, or even form one if they never had one. Instead we'll have a bunch of BYU fans who are only interested in BYU.

As far as all the other MW bowl games go, I feel as a conference we're going to kick a lot of ass. I'm worried about Hawaii, and a little worried about us, but other than that, I feel we could have a clean sweep.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

pokefanchaz7 wrote:So byu going all white in the bowl game does that mean we wear home unis?
Yes
https://twitter.com/WyomingEqMen/status ... 2487071744
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
cowboyz
Cowpoke

joshvanklomp wrote:
pokefanchaz7 wrote:So byu going all white in the bowl game does that mean we wear home unis?
Yes
https://twitter.com/WyomingEqMen/status ... 2487071744
I'm glad to hear this. I feel our colors and overall look of our uniforms are unique and should be celebrated.
jessejames02
Ranch Hand

cowboyz wrote:I agree with those that think this is a bad bowl game for us, especially for recruiting. The only one's watching will be BYU fans, Wyoming fans and casual college football fans, as we're the only game in town that day. I'd rather play a team from a conference, as many fans of the conference will be watching, not just of the team. I know I plan on catching as many MW bowl games as possible. I'd rather play a MAC team, Sun Belt etc. There could be HS coaches and players watching to see Ohio, Southern Miss or UCF etc., who could see what Wyoming is building and get a new opinion about the program, or even form one if they never had one. Instead we'll have a bunch of BYU fans who are only interested in BYU.

As far as all the other MW bowl games go, I feel as a conference we're going to kick a lot of ass. I'm worried about Hawaii, and a little worried about us, but other than that, I feel we could have a clean sweep.
I disagree, although the start time sucks for those of us in the East. We're competing against a couple mediocre NBA games and an oilers/coyotes NHL game. It's on ESPN, a few of the bowl ranking articles picked it as a good bowl to watch. Put this team against Miami (Ohio) or Arkansas State and nobody would tune in.
52-56
cowboyz
Cowpoke

jessejames02 wrote:
cowboyz wrote:I agree with those that think this is a bad bowl game for us, especially for recruiting. The only one's watching will be BYU fans, Wyoming fans and casual college football fans, as we're the only game in town that day. I'd rather play a team from a conference, as many fans of the conference will be watching, not just of the team. I know I plan on catching as many MW bowl games as possible. I'd rather play a MAC team, Sun Belt etc. There could be HS coaches and players watching to see Ohio, Southern Miss or UCF etc., who could see what Wyoming is building and get a new opinion about the program, or even form one if they never had one. Instead we'll have a bunch of BYU fans who are only interested in BYU.

I disagree, although the start time sucks for those of us in the East. We're competing against a couple mediocre NBA games and an oilers/coyotes NHL game. It's on ESPN, a few of the bowl ranking articles picked it as a good bowl to watch. Put this team against Miami (Ohio) or Arkansas State and nobody would tune in.
I see it different. Speaking of the east, I feel few will care. It's a MWC team vs. an ex-MWC team, and that'll be the majority of who will tune in, MWC fans. I'd rather we caught a different section of the country, even Ohio and Arkansas and their conference fans. I guess the fact that BYU is probably better then most of the other's, that will add some interest. With BYU not long gone, I'm feeling as if we're in a bowl game against someone in our own conference.