Updated Injury Report

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
SLCPoke
Cowpoke

Anyone have one? I know Granderson and Appleby are out for sure- who else am I missing?
gopokes1399
Blog Team

May is out for sure. Van Mananen could be out as well
SLCPoke
Cowpoke

I couldn't remember what happened to May so wasn't sure he wouldn't be back. Ugh....dropping like flies!
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

From the way it looked on the field it was a stinger if it was worse then that for a neck injury he probably does not walk off the field and I don't think they would let him try. I never heard a definitive report on this but I bet he will be there.
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Van Mannan came back in the game I thought.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

The offensive side of the ball has only lost one starter and the defensive side of the ball has only lost three starters. That's pretty spectacular when you consider how many snaps our starters have played this season.
SLCPoke
Cowpoke

It all just seems to be happening in the last 2 games. Anyone injured that should be returning?
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

I don't think any of the other injured could come back in three weeks. I expect Van Mannen to be back unless he was hurt worse then I thought.

Really though the best part of all of this is it gives all of our guys a chance to rest and heal from the minor nagging injuries that build up over a season. I don't think its a coincidence that our defense has looked it's worst in the second half of the season.

If we play with the intensity and effort that we did against CSU, Air Force, Boise and San Diego State we should be right in this game. If we come out with a New Mexico or UNLV mindset we are doomed before we get there. I think fatigue and injuries played a big part in those games and that includes mental fatigue and minor injuries that make us not as crisp.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

It wouldn't surprise me if Van Maanen had a concussion. When they showed the slow-mo replay, it totally looked like he passed out and went slack right as his head hit the ground and he dropped the ball.

Three weeks should be enough to recover from that, though.