What Provo is Saying/Reporting

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

https://twitter.com/GuntherandBen/statu ... 6390177792 Robert Gagliardi from the Wyoming Tribune-Eagle joined Gunther & Ben to give some insight into how Wyoming fans feel about the bowl matchup with BYU and at what moment did Gagliardi know this Wyoming team was going to be competitive in the Mountain West?

Audio here: http://www.1320kfan.com/2016/12/08/wyom ... -play-byu/
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

Having not played on anything but grass is this a big deal? What are the differences between playing on grass or artificial turf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Dick Harmon: Impressive Bohl: BYU's bowl team to face the latest great Wyoming coach in the Cowboys' up-and-coming pedigree (Deseret News)

The renewal of competition between the University of Wyoming and BYU brings a roundup of memories and one of the biggest is the long line of Cowboys' head coaches.

Wyoming has always been able to attract talented football coaches, but it’s been harder to keep them in Laramie. The Cowboys have always been rugged, motivated, tough competitors and this past season was a significant turn for Wyoming football with MWC Coach of the Year Craig Bohl.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8656 ... wboys.html

elfletcho
Ranch Hand

pokefanchaz7 wrote:Having not played on anything but grass is this a big deal? What are the differences between playing on grass or artificial turf

Honestly I would say it hurts them. It helps equalize our defense to their offense. Fast teams on turf has been killing us all year.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

elfletcho wrote:
pokefanchaz7 wrote:Having not played on anything but grass is this a big deal? What are the differences between playing on grass or artificial turf

Honestly I would say it hurts them. It helps equalize our defense to their offense. Fast teams on turf has been killing us all year.
Fast teams on turf have been killing us? Or faster teams than us?

It's not like our opponents have been on fast turf while we have been on slow grass all season.

If you think it will slow our opponent down you may be right, but we would also be slowed down.
But this time, the opponent is used to it, we aren't.
Don't see how it hurts them or equalize our defense to their offense.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 105 times

The biggest difference is going to be that grass can get muddy and slippery. Having played on both, I can tell you that you can change direction on a dime on the new style turf fields, but making the same move on grass the ground may break apart under your cleats. Not a game changer by any means, but it will be different.
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Kragthorpe: Passing grade for Ty Detmer’s run-heavy first season as BYU coach (Salt Lake Tribune)

Now, in the Poinsettia Bowl, comes Wyoming. In his first college game in 1988, sharing time with starter Sean Covey, Detmer was intercepted four times and sacked five times in a 24-14 loss to the Cowboys in Laramie. His quarterbacking career got a lot better after that. We'll see how the Cowboys' No. 112th-ranked defense treats him in San Diego, to end his first season of college coaching.

"I always look forward to redeeming myself against Wyoming," Detmer said.

http://www.sltrib.com/sports/4704464-15 ... ty-detmers
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

https://twitter.com/VanquishTheFoe/stat ... 8997820421 VTF: BYU and Wyoming obviously go back a long ways from their Mountain West and WAC days. Do Wyoming fans still harbor a lot of hatred towards BYU? If so, why? Is BYU considered a rival for Wyoming?

Reo: I feel like there’s more dislike (hate, whatever) for BYU the older and farther west you are in the state, mostly because the older people remember the WAC and pre-WAC days and the western half, well, is closer to Utah and is home to a higher population of BYU fans than the eastern half.

http://www.vanquishthefoe.com/2016/12/1 ... s-troubles
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

A close win will be frustrating? Well, they can burn in hell for all I care. I hope we stomp them so hard it'll be in the headlines for a year.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Asmodeanreborn wrote:A close win will be frustrating? Well, they can burn in hell for all I care. I hope we stomp them so hard it'll be in the headlines for a year.
No kidding. IF a close win is disappointing imagine how much Preparation H they'll need if we beat them by two scores or more!
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

I liked that too. I really hope their players come in as dismissive as their fan base.

Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

pokefanchaz7 wrote:I liked that too. I really hope their players come in as dismissive as their fan base.
Definitely hope so too. And I hope our team, and especially our lines see this attitude and dismissal from their opponent. I want to win in the trenches on every down. I want to see intensity and a new-found hatred from this team. A hatred that drives them to focus, push, and execute with clinical precision.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

It's a tale of two teams. One week against San Diego state we owned the trenches and came out with a w.

The next time out we were dominated in the trenches and lost.

We need to force them to throw the ball and need to establish the run game. Should be perfect weather so we should open the passing game more.

elfletcho
Ranch Hand

I hope there is enough room on the bulletin board for all this material. What poop talkers!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 230 times

BYU alum.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/crime/cour ... ar-alleges

"Longtime probate attorney Robert Graham has stolen millions of dollars in client funds and abruptly abandoned his law practice, the State Bar of Nevada alleges in a complaint.

The state bar says it learned Graham shut down his firm Dec. 2, firing employees and leaving behind client files.

An initial bar analysis of Graham’s accounting records shows that the firm should be holding more than $13 million in funds for his clients."
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

Jesus, every time I read this kind of tripe I am reminded of just how much and why I hate that f-word team and their fans. I hope this is the absolute last time WYO plays these classless f-word.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.