Good luck in San Diego

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

byu went independent because for some odd reason they rationalized that it was keeping up with Utah. It wasn't, obviously.

Then, to salvage their non-football, they attempted a wac agreement spearheaded by usu which would have screwed the MWC. byu true to form.

Now, they are largely irrelevant with ratings similar to other g5 teams. Yes, byu is g5 only worse because they can't get an auto bid to a NY6 bowl. They negotiated a TV deal in the height of the TV craze. Reality is about to bitch slap their pompous head. TV is going to drop and no conference wants them.

They gambled that the big boys would take them. Nobody wants to put up with them and now they are on a path that is best for everyone. Several years of low-level or no bowl game + declining TV market for college football = irrelevance. Winning and the NY6 is what matters for exposure. I hope their situation continues.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 144 times

So, a guy would need to bring some needle nose and a lighter in order to heat a penny, then possibly a glove because I'm not sure how throwing a scorching hot penny would work using said needle nose pliers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

laxwyo wrote:So, a guy would need to bring some needle nose and a lighter in order to heat a penny, then possibly a glove because I'm not sure how throwing a scorching hot penny would work using said needle nose pliers.

i feel like growing up in wyoming if there were 20,000 people throwing piss balloons and red hot pennies at people 6 times a year i would have heard of at least one time that someone pressed aggravated assault charges over it

i mean....poop this is the best kept secret ever

f-word the liars that came up with this folklore poop and f-word anyone who perpetuates it

here's a couple red hot pennies for ya :twocents:

i really wish we had a smiley gif throwing a piss balloon
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
Poke-proud
Cowpoke

whyoh wrote:
CowleyCougFan wrote:"He always took two mormons fishing with him - if he only took one they drank all his beer".

Pretty funny, even if it is old. Down south they tell the same joke about baptists.
i assume that every region of the world has a similar joke about whatever religious groups are in the area
Possibly - still funny

whyoh
WyoNation Addict

Poke-proud wrote:
whyoh wrote:
CowleyCougFan wrote:"He always took two mormons fishing with him - if he only took one they drank all his beer".

Pretty funny, even if it is old. Down south they tell the same joke about baptists.
i assume that every region of the world has a similar joke about whatever religious groups are in the area
Possibly - still funny

disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

whyoh wrote:
laxwyo wrote:So, a guy would need to bring some needle nose and a lighter in order to heat a penny, then possibly a glove because I'm not sure how throwing a scorching hot penny would work using said needle nose pliers.

i feel like growing up in wyoming if there were 20,000 people throwing piss balloons and red hot pennies at people 6 times a year i would have heard of at least one time that someone pressed aggravated assault charges over it

i mean....poop this is the best kept secret ever

f-word the liars that came up with this folklore poop and f-word anyone who perpetuates it

here's a couple red hot pennies for ya :twocents:

i really wish we had a smiley gif throwing a piss balloon
I find the lore amusing and I actually like the labels. If there's any fan base or team I'd want to put latex gloves on, use my plastic bait mold injector to fill balloons with urine, it would be BYU

The urine balloon would be a two man job for sure. One would need to hold the balloon as I press the piston and force the urine into the balloon

W-Y, Until I Die!
nashvillepoke
Ranch Hand

CowleyCougFan wrote:Well, I'll be honest, I actually thought it was a pretty well established fact that wyo fans threw urine bombs, heated pennies, beer, etc on opposing fans and players. If none of these things has ever happened, then I apologize for propagating a false stereotype.

But on the other hand, I have yet to see an actual example of how an athlete broke the honor code but had the administration turn the other way and sweep under the table. And no, as much as you'd like it to apply, as wrong as punching a guy in a game is, it is not the kind of thing that the Honor Code office gets involved in. That is for the coaching staff and AD's office.

I cannot defend the nut or sucker punches that you allude to. But these are hardly representative of the majority of BYU athletes. Do you judge every UNM athlete by the actions of the girl who pulled the BYU soccer player down by the pony tail? I doubt it. In fact my guess is most on this board probably responded with "Well she probably deserved it..." Yet there can be no mitigating circumstances for a BYU players actions. BTW, if you don't believe this, go watch the previous game , but the ute player that was punched in the chest last year is the same guy who kicked Tyler Haws in the groin the year before.

My point? You can always find what you are looking for to either praise or criticize a team.

Also I love this: "Another infraction, and you sir, are taking a lap". Well, I didn't actually quote a ute, just passing on some anecdotal evidence. But, I'll take a lap anyway.

I have pictures of the entire BYU women's cross country team ordering caffinated beverages from Starbucks at the Dallas airport. This was last October, and I don't think they suspended the entire team. Isn't this an honor code violation.

"Abstain from alcoholic beverages, tobacco, tea, coffee, and substance abuse"
cowboyz
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

CowleyCougFan wrote:Well, I'll be honest, I actually thought it was a pretty well established fact that wyo fans threw urine bombs, heated pennies, beer, etc on opposing fans and players. If none of these things has ever happened, then I apologize for propagating a false stereotype.

But on the other hand, I have yet to see an actual example of how an athlete broke the honor code but had the administration turn the other way and sweep under the table. And no, as much as you'd like it to apply, as wrong as punching a guy in a game is, it is not the kind of thing that the Honor Code office gets involved in. That is for the coaching staff and AD's office.

I cannot defend the nut or sucker punches that you allude to. But these are hardly representative of the majority of BYU athletes. Do you judge every UNM athlete by the actions of the girl who pulled the BYU soccer player down by the pony tail? I doubt it. In fact my guess is most on this board probably responded with "Well she probably deserved it..." Yet there can be no mitigating circumstances for a BYU players actions. BTW, if you don't believe this, go watch the previous game , but the ute player that was punched in the chest last year is the same guy who kicked Tyler Haws in the groin the year before.

My point? You can always find what you are looking for to either praise or criticize a team.

Also I love this: "Another infraction, and you sir, are taking a lap". Well, I didn't actually quote a ute, just passing on some anecdotal evidence. But, I'll take a lap anyway.
As a Mormon you may not realize what you just said...throwing beer! Give me a big old crate of urine balloons or a furnace full of melting Abe's and I'll chuck them wherever you'd like, opposing players, my cousin sitting next to me, my neighbor's cat, who cares? But beer, I'll drink that.

And the NM soccer player; don't feel special, that girl kicked the crap out of everyone.
Poke-proud
Cowpoke

nashvillepoke wrote:

I have pictures of the entire BYU women's cross country team ordering caffinated beverages from Starbucks at the Dallas airport. This was last October, and I don't think they suspended the entire team. Isn't this an honor code violation.

"Abstain from alcoholic beverages, tobacco, tea, coffee, and substance abuse"
There's exceptions if the coffee is purchased in Dallas, Denver, Seattle, NYC, Los Angeles, Atlanta, Des Moines, Miami, St Louis, Oakland, Nashville, Tuscaloosa, and Fargo.

nashvillepoke
Ranch Hand

cowboyz wrote:

As a Mormon you may not realize what you just said...throwing beer! Give me a big old crate of urine balloons or a furnace full of melting Abe's and I'll chuck them wherever you'd like, opposing players, my cousin sitting next to me, my neighbor's cat, who cares? But beer, I'll drink that.

And the NM soccer player; don't feel special, that girl kicked the crap out of everyone.

The UNM soccer player was pretty much universally celebrated. She wasn't doing anything, that most people haven't wanted to do.
CowleyCougFan
Buckaroo

Not that most of you probably care about truth anyway, but the fact is, caffeinated drinks aren't against the honor code (or the Church's policy)

Coffee and Tea are against the church policy, but not drinks like Coke or Mtn Dew, etc.

I have read many things about the pennies over the years. This post quotes an article by a Wyo fan:

http://www.cougarboard.com/board/messag ... d=17031463

So it is his own words, not mine.

You must admit it is pretty humorous to read all your posts filled with hatred and vile comments about BYU and their fans, but when I quote one of your own, you all so indignity claim it could never happen and that it's a figment of my imagination. Wyo fans would NEVER act that way. At least I can admit that there are BYU fans that act like morons from time to time.

I mean come on, you lose all credibility when you won't own anything.

And please, loose that shtick: "I would never throw my beer, it's too valuable...". I've been to a Jazz game myself where fans threw beer. (Yeah, I know... probably drunken BYU fans).
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

But just because one yahoo does it does not mean the entire fan base sanctions it or would participate in it. Also those alleged incidents were also dozens of years ago and no longer relevent to current conversation.
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

I'll admit. We all universally hate BYU

W-Y, Until I Die!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

I'll admit. We all universally hate BYU

W-Y, Until I Die!
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

CowleyCougFan wrote:Not that most of you probably care about truth anyway, but the fact is, caffeinated drinks aren't against the honor code (or the Church's policy)

Coffee and Tea are against the church policy, but not drinks like Coke or Mtn Dew, etc.

I have read many things about the pennies over the years. This post quotes an article by a Wyo fan:

You must admit it is pretty humorous to read all your posts filled with hatred and vile comments about BYU and their fans, but when I quote one of your own, you all so indignity claim it could never happen and that it's a figment of my imagination. Wyo fans would NEVER act that way. At least I can admit that there are BYU fans that act like morons from time to time.

And please, loose that shtick: "I would never throw my beer, it's too valuable...". I've been to a Jazz game myself where fans threw beer. (Yeah, I know... probably drunken BYU fans).
I'll own it....I can't stand BYU. Never have liked them or their fans. I'm not saying you are a bad person but I've read enough of your posts to know we wouldn't be buddies. So, my advice. Run along to your little Cougar board and leave the Wyoming board for Wyoming fans. :twocents:
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

What i can't stand the most about byu, is a top to bottom policy of not admitting fault or responsibility.

Black 14, truthfully could have been handled differently by our staff, and not resulted in disaster. However, it was all baseline to the fact of racial discrimination... Which absolutely byu was practicing. Never have I heard a sorry from administration, or fans.

When they turned into a dominant team, the refused to acknowledge when we had a good team. I have said in the past, to close circles, that byu was pretty good, and I hope we beat them. That type of mental approach never comes out of salt lake.

They wanted nothing to do with us in the 2000s. Bitching every time they had to play us, poor sports in victory as well.

They play dirty, in all sports. There is never an announcement from the hive about further actions.

They are the most selfcentric, ego driven, un-accountable, ethically challenged (hypocritical from an supposed ethics institution), do anything to win institution I have the pleasure of knowing.

The wac breakup further highlights their disregard for regional ties.

Still, as of today, they think this bowl game is nothing, no history, a waste of their god damn time. I can't f-word stand the attitude.

I don't have many pet peeves, but byu captures them all. I don't hate Mormons, but I hate your university and everything that your athletic department and your lassaize faire fan base stand for.

Nothing good ever happens for Wyoming when we play u assholes. The best thing for both schools is to never approach each other again, until they can claim some responsibility for their actions.

Go f-word Off Byu.

Elephants never forget
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

And that's just the surface.

There is much more negative beneath the obvious.

I am done expecting anything from byu... But notice how I don't head over to their board. This is my business. Byu, go home and don't come back... We dont want your opinions. Go talk to your friends.
cowboyz
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

CowleyCougFan wrote:Not that most of you probably care about truth anyway, but the fact is, caffeinated drinks aren't against the honor code (or the Church's policy)

The post was a BYU fan, wasn't it? Where is this article from? I've never seen it (the article or the burning currency), and to be honest, I don't believe it. Not saying people wouldn't do something like this, it just seems like a little too much work, the whole lighting up Mr. Lincoln and all that, and then how would one throw a smelted penny. Who knows, maybe, but I can't see it.

But let's get back to the important thing, beer. Are you saying that Wyoming fans were at a Jazz game and threw beer? I can see beer being thrown, but not from this guy. Also, you do know that Wyoming's stadium doesn't sell beer, right? Without any beer to throw, we have to resort to urine balloons. Seriously, smuggling in beer to throw it at BYU, holding pennies with tweezers and heating them up to throw, filling balloons with urine. All of this sounds just a little too enterprising and a lot of effort. Can't you just say we use curse words and throw pocket change or soft drinks or pop balloons next to your player's ears? I think you're giving us too much credit.
jessejames02
Ranch Hand

I love that flicking pennies story. Never heard it before.

Typical BYU drama queen bs though. Some dumbass student probably snapped a penny at the coach, gave him the bird while telling him to 'F' himself.

Buncha thin skinned overly entitled babies.
52-56
jessejames02
Ranch Hand

Also, the link... it's a BYU fan quoting a Wyoming fan quoting a BYU-supporting fluff article in the Mormon paper. So 100% factual.
52-56