My take on the game as a BYU fan

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Lftrueblue
Buckaroo

Although I'm a BYU I've been following and rooting for Wyoming football the last couple of years and was astonished to see that against all predictions you guys actually have a solid team this year and a bright future ahead. It was very disappointing to see you guys lose to sdsu, who I hate, especially since you should have won. Im very excited that we get an opportunity to play you in our bowl game and definitely think it is a great match up. Im guessing this will be an offensive battle because I don't see BYU stopping Wyoming's passing attack, and BYUs offense should play very well especially because of injuries to Wyoming's defense. I actually much prefer our backup qb to injured taysom hill as taysom is a good runner but a horrible passer and our backup is an amazing passer. Don't expect to be able to run too much on us but I do like your running back. Byus running back is actually really good but has had lots of injuries. For Wyoming to win you guys will have to take advantage of our young secondary and protect the ball as byu forces tons of turnovers. All in all I think BYU will win, but it's a good matchup and could easily go either way. Expect a close game as most of BYU's games are. Prediction BYU: 35 Wyo: 31
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

Welcome to the board. My guess is that it will also be close but I'm not ready for a prediction yet.

If Wyoming can bottle up the run game and force byu to throw it we have a good shot.

I think taysom was the starter for a reason and I think a lack of wide out talent is a big part of it. I know tanner has a good arm but where byu made hay was 3rd and manageable with taysome running the ball.

He really is the wild card to me. He has had practically no live reps in a meaningful spot this year and less weapons to throw to.

It should be a good matchup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
cougarlicious
Buckaroo

that about perfectly sums it up. spot on
Lftrueblue
Buckaroo

pokefanchaz7 wrote:Welcome to the board. My guess is that it will also be close but I'm not ready for a prediction yet.

If Wyoming can bottle up the run game and force byu to throw it we have a good shot.

I think taysom was the starter for a reason and I think a lack of wide out talent is a big part of it. I know tanner has a good arm but where byu made hay was 3rd and manageable with taysome running the ball.

He really is the wild card to me. He has had practically no live reps in a meaningful spot this year and less weapons to throw to.

It should be a good matchup

I definitely agree the receiver talent is much lower but Tanner's playing style fits our offense better. Without the extra weeks of preparation I would be a lot more worried about Tanner.

Stopping Jamaal williams will be hard but definitely possible for Wyoming as he has down nights and our offensive line looks shaky at times.

As a BYU fan I am most interested in seeing if we will have an answer to Josh Allen and your passing attack. We tend to give the quarterback a lot of time to throw and our secondary has only been good when it forces turnovers.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

I had an uncle and grandpa play at BYU. My cousin on the other side of the family has his name on the field at USU. I have a family member currently on the team for Wyo. What a hot mess game has already become... I have actually had some fun exchanges with some BYU fans on Twitter. I am ready to go head to head with BoneyFuller on twitter. Been on photoshop all day. :D

I have met Sitake and Detmer. Very nice guys. I got home from Laramie yesterday in time to go to a church meeting and see a large contingent of BYU fans what seemed like waiting for me. Surprisingly, the comments were cordial and fun banter ensued. I booked my airfare last night. I am looking forward to a revenge game for the Pokes for years of beatdowns. Jeez, there was a while there we got shut out so many times I was looking for a FG for some solace.

I actually think we matchup well with BYU. If they control the line like SDSU did, Jamal will kill us. Conversely, BYU fans better not think they will steamroll this team.

Lastly, I saw on Twitter that someone was encouraging Wyo players to protest with black bands again for the Black 14. I couldn't believe it. We are preparing for a bowl game that has been missing for half a decade and we are worried about this political BS again? Did we forget how pissed we were at the EMU game? SMH. Stay focused on the end goal. Plus, Bohl wouldn't tolerate that crap anyway. What a stupid idea.

I am excited to go down and enjoy some nice weather with friends and family and eat at Phil's BBQ.
cougarlicious
Buckaroo

I am ready to go head to head with BoneyFuller on twitter. Been on photoshop all day. :D
I think Mr. Fuller is dead
djm19
WyoNation Addict

cougarlicious wrote:
I am ready to go head to head with BoneyFuller on twitter. Been on photoshop all day. :D
Exchanged a little yesterday...
Lftrueblue
Buckaroo

djm19 wrote:
cougarlicious wrote:
That's awesome. He's basically a celebrity among some BYU fans and always gets funny reactions from opposing fanbases
djm19
WyoNation Addict

Lftrueblue wrote:
djm19 wrote:
cougarlicious wrote:
That's awesome. He's basically a celebrity among some BYU fans and always gets funny reactions from opposing fanbases
My goal is to have a good ol fashioned shootout on twitter. :) All in good fun
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Sounds like a lot of closet byu and Utah state fans hanging around this board. Byu is actually evil, the proof is in the magic underwear, max hall, racism, the lack of beer drinking, and docking( soaking) and blaming victims for rape.
cougarlicious
Buckaroo

marcuswyo wrote:Byu is actually evil, the proof is in the magic underwear, max hall, racism, the lack of beer drinking, and docking( soaking) and blaming victims for rape.
at least you have an open mind about it, hahahaha!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Lots of non Wyoming traffic on the board since it was announced. Tell me BYU doesn't care about a Wyoming rivalry!

W-Y, Until I Die!
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

laxwyo wrote:Lots of non Wyoming traffic on the board since it was announced. Tell me BYU doesn't care about a Wyoming rivalry!

yeah, they outnumber any other school we've played this year by like ten fold
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 43 times

i just find it funny how most "visitors" starts to their threads, HI, I do follow UW etc....I can say I'd never start my thread on a BYU site that way, to hell with that!!! LOL
jessejames02
Ranch Hand

Ugh... a BYU fan being polite and saying nice things about Wyo.

I don't believe it for a second.
52-56
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

I have no respect for such a bigoted and blatantly racist institution. I'm glad they are out of the conference, rivalry with CSU is more enjoyable.