Cougar Board...

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WilyWapiti
Ranch Hand

Thought this was a adult tv site...boy was I disappointed.

Check out this thread; pure gold!

http://www.cougarboard.com/board/messag ... d=17028817

WW
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

I may be the minority on this but I appreciate the effort to not over generalize and keep it to football.

Religious bigotry is not a sports topic and should not be in a sports forum. It's disrespectful to our own fan base who are members of a given faith.

Also I think it's fair for them to not over generalize our entire fan base as a bunch of degenerates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
blueblood12
Buckaroo

Cougar Board sucks. I am a Cougar fan and I am excited to play Wyoming. I miss the rivalries with UW, CSU, SDSU, and Air Force. I have had season tickets to the Y for the past 25 years. I know most Wyoming fans would prefer not to play BYU but I would love to see Wyoming on the schedule. Anyways, Good Luck and hopefully BYU wins.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

I can't even get past the format of their site. I'm not even going to try
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

pokefanchaz7 wrote:I may be the minority on this but I appreciate the effort to not over generalize and keep it to football.

Religious bigotry is not a sports topic and should not be in a sports forum. It's disrespectful to our own fan base who are members of a given faith.

Also I think it's fair for them to not over generalize our entire fan base as a bunch of degenerates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Faith is a choice.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

I don't know sometimes I feel that Mormon fans at Wyoming pull their religion into the fandom. While I was a student, byu was a conference member. I saw plenty of fans wear lds cowboys gear. Maybe this was caused by being a vocal minority in the state and wanting to show something. I don't recall a catholic or Protestant cowboy group that organized fan gear to wear to games. I regret bashing Mormons per se but I always felt ( and still do) that it is fair to poke fun at the Idiosyncratic and often gonzo beliefs, much in the same as it is funny to poke fun at the partying habits of the typical despicable Wyoming fan. Not to mention that byu had racist beliefs for much of their history, they should feel lucky that magic underwear and the 26 year old freshmen players draw much of the attention of opposing fandoms. Should all be in good fun, PC beliefs make the world worse sometimes.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

marcuswyo wrote:but I always felt ( and still do) that it is fair to poke fun at the Idiosyncratic and often gonzo beliefs
You're probably right. ALL religions looks pretty stupid to those who aren't adherents, and it's easy to find ridiculous beliefs in every religion.

And if you can't stand being taunted about your beliefs, maybe you should ask yourself if your beliefs are worth having and if your faith is strong enough.
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

Asmodeanreborn wrote:
marcuswyo wrote:but I always felt ( and still do) that it is fair to poke fun at the Idiosyncratic and often gonzo beliefs
You're probably right. ALL religions looks pretty stupid to those who aren't adherents, and it's easy to find ridiculous beliefs in every religion.

And if you can't stand being taunted about your beliefs, maybe you should ask yourself if your beliefs are worth having and if your faith is strong enough.
Its easy to find ridiculous beliefs in just about anything. Hell, when I played football, I refused to wash the tshirt underneath my shoulder pads during the season.

It's everywhere. Religion. Politics. Charities. Health. Technology. It's human nature.

Malice towards a person or group of people shouldn't be tolerated, period. I don't consider a taunting malice though. I'm sure it crosses a line somewhere - but that line is really up to the individuals involved.
Joe from WY
Buckaroo

I almost think the MWCBoard has gone Cougar. I just got banned from the MWC Board for linking Goatse when some Borg dna riflehead kept going on about The Project.
It's good to be here. I should have migrated here a long time ago.
GOWYO
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

And the fact that they think we're proud of him proves they know nothing about us. Can't the CJC just write him a check or something and tell him to go away? Or maybe we could give his address to a frat in Fort Collins and have them steal the barrel.
HR_Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

Joe from WY wrote:I almost think the MWCBoard has gone Cougar. I just got banned from the MWC Board for linking Goatse when some Borg dna riflehead kept going on about The Project.
You got banned?
Joe from WY
Buckaroo

HR_Poke wrote:
Joe from WY wrote:I almost think the MWCBoard has gone Cougar. I just got banned from the MWC Board for linking Goatse when some Borg dna riflehead kept going on about The Project.
You got banned?
Yeah. That toolshed ECA didn't even give me a warning. I got a 1 day ban for that.

I'm done over there I think.
HR_Poke
Cowpoke

Joe from WY wrote:
HR_Poke wrote:
You got banned?
Yeah. That toolshed ECA didn't even give me a warning. I got a 1 day ban for that.

yeah he's been a poop mod.
Joe from WY
Buckaroo

HR_Poke wrote:
Joe from WY wrote:
HR_Poke wrote:
You got banned?

He thinks he's a lot smarter than he is.
HR_Poke
Cowpoke

Joe from WY wrote:
HR_Poke wrote:
Joe from WY wrote:
HR_Poke wrote:
You got banned?

He also doesnt stay impartial like a mod should. If you want to talk trash to other posters all the time then don't be a mod.
Joe from WY
Buckaroo

HR_Poke wrote:
Joe from WY wrote:
HR_Poke wrote:
Joe from WY wrote:
HR_Poke wrote:
You got banned?

He also doesnt stay impartial like a mod should. If you want to talk trash to other posters all the time then don't be a mod.
Yeah exactly. I was pretty shocked to see I had a ban. That dude isn't as bad as Andre or something, but he's up there. If he'd asked me to take down Goatse or something, I would have. But a ban? Dude must be pissed over something else I said on there. Smells like a grudge.
Oh well. It's becoming more and more a BYU enclave anyway. I'd just as soon stay away from it.
HR_Poke
Cowpoke

Joe from WY wrote:
HR_Poke wrote:
Joe from WY wrote:
HR_Poke wrote:
Joe from WY wrote:
HR_Poke wrote:
You got banned?

Yeah exactly. I was pretty shocked to see I had a ban. That dude isn't as bad as Andre or something, but he's up there. If he'd asked me to take down Goatse or something, I would have. But a ban? Dude must be pissed over something else I said on there. Smells like a grudge.
Oh well. It's becoming more and more a BYU enclave anyway. I'd just as soon stay away from it.
They will leave after the bowl game.
nashvillepoke
Ranch Hand

There is several years of pent up angst, that is all coming out at once. This is why I didn't want to play BYU in a bowl game. They can wallow around in the obscurity of independence for all I care.
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

nashvillepoke wrote:There is several years of pent up angst, that is all coming out at once. This is why I didn't want to play BYU in a bowl game. They can wallow around in the obscurity of independence for all I care.
Yeah its nasty. They are as insecure as ever. I like playing CSU every year. Its a fun rivalry. They are jackasses. We probably are too.

BYU though - you can call it a rivalry if you like - but I prefer to think of them as a bunch of back stabbing wannabe whiners. Nobody should play them. They break the rules frequently in football. They like tripping, clipping, holding, and they do it pretty well. Sometimes they will literally punch you in the nuts (I need to look up the link and show it).

They have players go on missions and come back. They have 2-3 years on any team out there. Its stupid.