Wyoming and the MWC deserve a win over BYU

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
AggieAndee
Buckaroo

We all know how BYU and BYU fans have looked down on everyone else for decades and think they are better. So much that a few years ago BYU looked its nose down on the MWC and the state schools in the MWC for the barren and lonely desert of independence.

Every fan base of in MWC will be watching the Poinsettia Bowl cheering loudly for a Wyoming victory. This game is a huge huge deal.
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

Its a big deal! I would think if we had Appleby and May back, this is easily a 14 point win for us. Now, I think its +/- 3 points. Its going to be a tough one.
AggieAndee
Buckaroo

After watching both teams play, Wyoming will come away with a win. Tanner Mangum will start as QB for BYU and he's not very good. He gets sacked easy and can only complete jump balls to tall receivers and can't run at all. BYU doesn't have enough tall receivers to catch his lousy passes.

BYU wants to go back into the MWC I have a feeling now that every power conference has said loud and clear they don't want BYU. I hope Commissioner Thompson holds his ground and keeps BYU out for good. The league is better off without BYU and USU has the Utah TV market secured for the MWC. Conference schools should also keep holding their ground and refuse to schedule games against them as to not reward BYU's bad behavior.

Wyoming beating BYU will do volumes to make us all feel better about BYU's arrogance and how bad BYU made everyone feel for years and years. BYU is also the dirtiest team probably in college football history so Wyoming players should be on the look out for jock hits, sucker punches, and targetting helmet hits.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

an extremely close 2nd place right after the sheep, my hatred and such is for the BYU Cougars. I even lived in Utah for 3 years and got to know a little about the "culture" out there, but my dislike and hatred really heated up when I had my visit to LES in 2008, and I've been to the Marriott Center twice, never again, Provo/Orem no thanks for me
coltonc
Buckaroo

"and USU has the Utah TV market secured for the MWC."

Wait... Does USU even have their own home town TV market secured? They're from Ogden, right?
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

coltonc wrote:"and USU has the Utah TV market secured for the MWC."

Wait... Does USU even have their own home town TV market secured? They're from Ogden, right?
Let's see, Utah in SLC, and USU in Ogden...

Yep, sounds about right. Not easy competing with a PAC-12 team, but they do alright. Not like there's any other team of note in Utah.
BYU Grounds
Buckaroo

Andee is that you again? What did we tell you about stopping your medication? You're mom called us and asked us to bring you back to the basement. Also Pizza Hut called about your shift tonight.
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

fromolwyoming wrote:

Yep, sounds about right. Not easy competing with a PAC-12 team, but they do alright. Not like there's any other team of note in Utah.
USU is in Logan. Weber State is in Ogden.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

CowboyNV wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote:

Meh, close enough.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

Thanks for the well wishes and all but weren't byu and usu bedfellows in a MWC destruction plan? If usu's original plot succeeded, the MWC might have gone the way of the wac.

Peas in a pod, in my opinion. Not trying to be a jerk, but it is what is. usu was clearly and unquestionably byu's co-conspirator.
Last edited by ragtimejoe1 on Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
coltonc
Buckaroo

CowboyNV wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote:

Sorry, common mistake. Most people are just realizing that USU even has a football team. Give us some time.