Getting tired of hearing the name of our opponent...

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
castlerocker
Cowpoke

When this bowl game is over we'll have to burn our uniforms and never mention their name again.

One minute they are holier than thou and the next they stab you in the back.

If anyone in the conference is stupid enough to even consider allowing them back, then they should be excommunicated from the MWC.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

i think it's dumb they aren't in the MWC anymore as the conference would benefit greatly if they'd ever get over themselves and come back, afterall the Pac 12 doesn't want ya
GoPokes86
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 10 times

Let them be where they are, they chose this path and now need to own independence. I don't want them in the MWC in any way shape or form. Let's go back to 2010 and take a look at what would've happened had "The Project" (http://www.mwcconnection.com/2010/8/27/ ... -named-the) gone down the way bywho wanted.

MWC had 9 teams in 2010:
Wyoming
New Mexico
CSU
AFA
UNLV
SDSU
TCU
Utah
BYU

Utah had already been invited to join the Pac 12 (absolute no-brainer for them), Boise State was set to join the league in 2011 (after finishing in the top 5) and TCU was in the early process of being courted by the Big 12 after finishing the season ranked #2. bywho concocts a scheme with USU to move all non-football sports to the WAC and tries to convince UNLV and SDSU to move to the WAC in all sports. This move would enable the WAC to exist as is in 2010, potentially keep Boise in the league, or force Boise to go to the Big East, after gutting the MWC, and essentially create a super basketball league.

So if that all pans out as bywho intended the MWC would be left with:
Wyoming
New Mexico
CSU
AFA
TCU

In an instant I can promise you that TCU would've left for whatever conference would take them, so the MWC is down to 4 teams. Being at 4 teams, the MWC would no longer be a conference leaving the Front Range schools to either go independent or find some conference to take them in. Of that group of 4 listed above only AFA had a winning record that season, and even they were being courted by the Big East, along with Boise as a travel partner. That leaves three schools completely left out in the cold.

Tell me now, how that isn't bywho trying to kill the conference and salt the earth behind them because they didn't get their way? Those kinds of actions in the college athletics landscape are absolutely unforgivable. In no way should bywho be allowed back into the MWC, no matter how hard they lobby. What's not to say they don't try and do the same thing again? Integrity? Honor? More like spoiled child that didn't get their way. Let them have their annual aspirations of the Poinsettia Bowl. Let them play games against UMASS and Southern Utah in November. This is what they wanted, let them have it.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

GoPokes86 wrote:Let them be where they are, they chose this path and now need to own independence. I don't want them in the MWC in any way shape or form. Let's go back to 2010 and take a look at what would've happened had "The Project" (http://www.mwcconnection.com/2010/8/27/ ... -named-the) gone down the way bywho wanted.

MWC had 9 teams in 2010:
Wyoming
New Mexico
CSU
AFA
UNLV
SDSU
TCU
Utah
BYU

Utah had already been invited to join the Pac 12 (absolute no-brainer for them), Boise State was set to join the league in 2011 (after finishing in the top 5) and TCU was in the early process of being courted by the Big 12 after finishing the season ranked #2. bywho concocts a scheme with USU to move all non-football sports to the WAC and tries to convince UNLV and SDSU to move to the WAC in all sports. This move would enable the WAC to exist as is in 2010, potentially keep Boise in the league, or force Boise to go to the Big East, after gutting the MWC, and essentially create a super basketball league.

Wyoming
New Mexico
CSU
AFA
TCU

In an instant I can promise you that TCU would've left for whatever conference would take them, so the MWC is down to 4 teams. Being at 4 teams, the MWC would no longer be a conference leaving the Front Range schools to either go independent or find some conference to take them in. Of that group of 4 listed above only AFA had a winning record that season, and even they were being courted by the Big East, along with Boise as a travel partner. That leaves three schools completely left out in the cold.

Tell me now, how that isn't bywho trying to kill the conference and salt the earth behind them because they didn't get their way? Those kinds of actions in the college athletics landscape are absolutely unforgivable. In no way should bywho be allowed back into the MWC, no matter how hard they lobby. What's not to say they don't try and do the same thing again? Integrity? Honor? More like spoiled child that didn't get their way. Let them have their annual aspirations of the Poinsettia Bowl. Let them play games against UMASS and Southern Utah in November. This is what they wanted, let them have it.
Problem is there is a 99% chance that never would have played out. Once the teams left the WAC they never would have gone back.

The MWC most dangerous situation came from Boise State and San Diego State almost leaving for the Big East.

Clearly MWC was never concerned with BYU leaving not like they were when Boise State threatened to leave we as a conference pretty much took it in the ass to keep Boise around and they are a fraction of the team they were.

I can't even find any information that we offered to keep BYU around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
castlerocker
Cowpoke

[quote]This realignment process was extremely cut throat and no one looks good. BYU tried to sneak away in the night with back room dealings[/quote

That was a good article, considering it came from behind the Zion Curtain.
Last edited by castlerocker on Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
GoPokes86
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 10 times

Wyo2dal wrote:
GoPokes86 wrote:Let them be where they are, they chose this path and now need to own independence. I don't want them in the MWC in any way shape or form. Let's go back to 2010 and take a look at what would've happened had "The Project" (http://www.mwcconnection.com/2010/8/27/ ... -named-the) gone down the way bywho wanted.

MWC had 9 teams in 2010:
Wyoming
New Mexico
CSU
AFA
UNLV
SDSU
TCU
Utah
BYU

Wyoming
New Mexico
CSU
AFA
TCU

Problem is there is a 99% chance that never would have played out. Once the teams left the WAC they never would have gone back.

The MWC most dangerous situation came from Boise State and San Diego State almost leaving for the Big East.

Clearly MWC was never concerned with BYU leaving not like they were when Boise State threatened to leave we as a conference pretty much took it in the ass to keep Boise around and they are a fraction of the team they were.

I can't even find any information that we offered to keep BYU around.

Right, the odds of this happening were next to 0, but that's not the point, bywho wanted this to happen.

elfletcho
Ranch Hand

MWC had 9 teams in 2010:
Wyoming
New Mexico
CSU
AFA
UNLV
SDSU
TCU
Utah
BYU

Wyoming
New Mexico
CSU
AFA
TCU

A lot of words that can be summed as:

f-word BYU.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

That damned Zion Curtain, oh yeah f-word you BYU
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Long walk, short pier, BYU.

Although, for the most part, their fanbase loves to put down the MWC publicly, this conference continues to rent space in a portion of CougNation's head on social media platforms. Make no mistake, though: BYU is all about BYU. Even if they were allowed to come back to the MWC, they would continue to build for bigger and better things. Through newspaper columns, they don't even hide their intentions.

Exhibit A:

Brad Rock: Jason Buck to BYU: Go back to the MWC (Deseret News -- 10/4/2016)

Most important is that rejoining the MWC would allow BYU to “start to control the conversation.” With BYU independent, the power conferences “can sit back and kind of chuckle.”

Buck says in case of Big 12 rejection, being in the MWC “forces their hand better than independence,” even though the money is better flying solo.

“Bite the bullet for a couple of years,” he says.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8656 ... tml?pg=all

BYU was snubbed by the Big 12 since that column was published, but notice that Jason Buck is commenting, once again, about MWC inclusion a mere two months later in the Deseret News (link posted under the Provo thread).

Just say "No".
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

They'll never be a Notre Dame, and Notre Dame is hardly Notre Dame anymore, nuff said. They don't wanna share, misers anyway
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

byu really wouldn't do much for the MWC anyway. The game has changed. We have NY6 auto access and the conference is good enough (with decent ooc) to win that spot every year. They did nothing for whatever bball conference they are in. Their TV ratings are similar to other g5 teams and they are about to take a pay cut from espn. At best they would bring another $450k/team in additional TV revenue and that is a pipe dream.

No, the landscape is different now and byu just doesn't bring anything other than instability.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
dakarpoke
Buckaroo

I don't hate "them". But they are the biggest bunch of hypocrites I've seen. Pretending they want out of the MWC to pursue playing a "better schedule" but then play 6 MWC teams a year, as well as teams like Idaho State and Weber St. and then making deals to play MW teams in bowl games! They have only benefited by ESPN paying them, but I see that ending within a few years.
Arthur Fonzerelli
Buckaroo

GUYS HAS FOOTBALL SEASON STARTED YET??!?? I CAN'T NOT KNOW HOW IT is OK THANKS WAHOOO!!!!
Arizona Trojan
Buckaroo

This is crazy talk. BYU doesn't want back in the MWC. They also aren't having trouble with some scheduling. This year alone they had Arizona, Utah, UCLA, West Virginia, Michigan State, and Mississippi State on the schedule.
Avery
Buckaroo

Arizona Trojan wrote:This is crazy talk. BYU doesn't want back in the MWC. They also aren't having trouble with some scheduling. This year alone they had Arizona, Utah, UCLA, West Virginia, Michigan State, and Mississippi State on the schedule.
shhhhh - they're hypocrites OK? Just drink the kool aid.
castlerocker
Cowpoke

This is crazy talk. BYU doesn't want back in the MWC.
It would be great news indeed if you could believe anything coming out from behind the Zion Curtain.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Arizona Trojan wrote:This is crazy talk. BYU doesn't want back in the MWC. They also aren't having trouble with some scheduling. This year alone they had Arizona, Utah, UCLA, West Virginia, Michigan State, and Mississippi State on the schedule.
What's the point? Do you get a trophy or something?
cowboyz
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

A bunch of meaningless games for them and their opponents.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

Remember when bronco said indy was unsustainable and holmoe agreed? They might have some insight.

byu was really under the delusion that it was a stepping stone to the p5 and they get off when espn tells them how great of situation it is.

I guess it is for espn, not much money to secure ooc games for p5 teams on off nights early in the season. During late season, they have a few g5 games as filler without paying an entire conference. In the meantime byu slides to irrelevance and espn will get those games for less money.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
Arizona Trojan
Buckaroo

LanderPoke wrote:
What's the point? Do you get a trophy or something?
They'll take the money over the trophy.