Allen going 3rd overall?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Cougsbroncsjazz
Buckaroo

Just read a mock draft by Matt miller (bleacher report). Has Allen going 3rd overall to Chicago. He had a great arm and gunslinger mentality, but this surprised me. Is he thinking of declaring for the draft?
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

With the physical tools he has, it wouldn't surprise me. But it would be a mistake, unless he wants to sit for a year or two on an NFL bench or go to a crappy organization.

He still needs at least one more year of seasoning at the college level.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

I'll be majorly bummed if he declares this year. He has a lot of growing still to do and want him to develop that talent as a poke. However If he would go in the first round this year it would be very difficult to pass it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 144 times

Matt Miller wanting to single handedly get Josh drafted. Or just be the guy that says he was on Allen first

W-Y, Until I Die!
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

There are too many draftniks out there on Twitter who couldn't find their asses with both hands. A good portion of them have been putting Josh on a pedestal. You just have to roll your eyes at the herd mentality. Josh has the tools and a lot of potential, but definitely needs more seasoning.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

It doesn't mean anything. Mock drafters aren't journalists with sources plugged into Wyo football. Allen leaving now would be silly.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

J-Rod wrote:It doesn't mean anything. Mock drafters aren't journalists with sources plugged into Wyo football. Allen leaving now would be silly.
I remember one mock draft compared Brett Smith to Alex Smith but more dynamic and had Brett being pegged to be the #1 overall pick.

These dudes don't know a damn thing. If they did, they would have jobs using that skill set.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 11 times

He needs at least one more year of maturing. would be a mistake to leave.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Who was the one who was super high on Brett three years ago? Was it Allbright?
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

This is all just mental masturbation. No one is going to draft a redshirt sophomore with 14 complete games under his cleats who threw over 33% interceptions, didn't play in a major bowl, and arguably lost the bowl game he did play in if he declares for the draft. He knows it and a lot of relatively SMART people know it...
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Here's a link to that article...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2683 ... =editorial

He also has Brian Hill going in the 4th round to the Patriots
PupForce1
Buckaroo

It appears that the civilized world, aka not Laramie, has seen the QB be the difference between the four games they should have won and a winning season! Go for it 17! GO POKES!
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Crazy what a little publicity does. I've heard from a reliable source that this long shot is gaining traction given the weak QB class. This is unreal.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

djm19 wrote:Crazy what a little publicity does. I've heard from a reliable source that this long shot is gaining traction given the weak QB class. This is unreal.
For real?!
SLCPoke
Cowpoke

Honestly I would love for him to wait a year for the mental aspect. Then be drafted by the Packers and learn behind Aaron Rodgers for 2-3 seasons!!
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

J-Rod wrote:
djm19 wrote:Crazy what a little publicity does. I've heard from a reliable source that this long shot is gaining traction given the weak QB class. This is unreal.
For real?!
Third pick? Absolutely not.

But "the long shot" of Allen possibly (and suddenly) getting attention from scouts in the coming weeks could easily happen.

What's crazy about recent chatter is that Allen could realistically be gone after jr year regardless.
LaradiseCowboy
Ranch Hand

djm19 wrote:
J-Rod wrote:
For real?!
Third pick? Absolutely not.

But "the long shot" of Allen possibly (and suddenly) getting attention from scouts in the coming weeks could easily happen.

What's crazy about recent chatter is that Allen could realistically be gone after jr year regardless.
What's crazy is he could realistically be gone after this year. He is eligible to declare and has a lot of buzz going around. History has shown that not many Pokes (if any) chose to stay when the chance of the NFL comes along. Next man up!
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

Who would be the next man up if he were to go?

C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

He isn't going anywhere!!!! watch out if there's signifigant improvement next year tho, with Hill gone and a bunch of or talented WR's and firing Stanard, we're really gonna see what Coach Bohl's made of
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Allen should stay. He's getting good experience in a pro-style system where he's actually getting reps. If he goes to the pros he'll have 13 games of experience and sit for who knows how long? Good luck getting game reps in the pros. There's a reason that the best QBs are old... They've seen everything! Experience correlates to success! Allen should stay! He's going to make plenty of money in the pros and this is a case where staying in college might increase his worth in terms of $$