Allen going 3rd overall?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

KeepitrealWyo wrote:This is classic HOMER talk . Those of you who want him to stay want him to lead the Cowboys next year.
He is a first round draft pick- Guaranteed. He has to take the money and run for numerous reasons

1. Weak QB class and he will be one of the top 3 QB taken
2. He is 6'5 230 lb that can run a 4.7 40 yard dash and has a ROCKET (Little different than Smith)
3. He will learn more in one OTA period from the Pros than two years at Wyoming.
4. Look at the talent that wont be back on Offense- Two Best RB, Best TE, Two Best WR and Two best offensive Lineman. (Yes Cummings is out next year) This leaves him with a RB that had 11 carries a couple of WR with less than 15 catches and a TE with 4 catches. Offensive Line might be bigger with a year but Chase and Ryan led the line this year and will be hard to replace.

The reason to stay
1. If he wins with this team he will have a statue at the War.
2. Barring Injury, College is a great time and he deserves to enjoy

However if you were in his shoes what would you do ???????????????????????
Good Luck Josh See you on Sundays
I will address your points one at a time.

1. I think there is a lot of assumptions in your post. I do not think he's guaranteed to be a first round talent in this years draft. So many factors go into play that we don't know. He's the 9th rated qb in this draft assuming he declares per draftscout.com

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/ds ... &genpos=QB

That means 8 qbs could go before him in the draft and not every team needs a qb. He could have a bad combine, he could be judged to be too much of a gunslinger (the bears are the team projected in the mock draft he's projected as a first round talent and do you think they want another jay cutler) he in no way is a shew in at first round with a low completion percentage and little experience.

2. He does have the intangibles that you would want but he also has a lot to improve on. The NFL is not a developmental league and they don't have a lot of time to wait for you to work out your flaws. As stated in earlier posts the greatest qbs all gained a lot of experience from the college game and stayed longer. Josh Allen has one year of juco, one year he missed completely due to injury and one year of division one experience. His intangibles don't make up for experience. College football is the developmental league for the NFL. If there were a minor league football league I would say he would be great to go there for a team that drafts him but there is No such thing.

3. Is nonsense, you make it sound like college coaches and programs are made up of community volunteers.the coaching he gets in college is very valuable and professional. He's being taught a pro style offense under a great coaching staff. The practices, real game experience of two years cannot be simulated in training camp.

4. The team is losing a lot of very good talent and I won't pretend that I'm not concerned about that. However this is the coaching staff that recruited many of those players and molded them into the talent they became. I have little doubt there is more talents just like they were that will be just as great. If you looked at this team when they were 2-10 did you think about how great our receivers were or that josh Allen was a pro in waiting? You had Brian hill and chase roulliet as the only bright spots from that year.

I'm not saying he will regret it if he goes pro and becomes a first rounder but it's hard to say he doesn't have more to develop and learn before he goes. That final game demonstrates why he could go pro but also why he should stay. He made some great throws at times and when we really needed his best drive at the end he made a boneheaded throw on first down just out of field goal range and down three points for an interception. No awareness on that play no check-downs, he telegraphed where it was going and that was it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 225 times

pokefanchaz7 wrote:
4. The team is losing a lot of very good talent and I won't pretend that I'm not concerned about that. However this is the coaching staff that recruited many of those players and molded them into the talent they became. I have little doubt there is more talents just like they were that will be just as great. If you looked at this team when they were 2-10 did you think about how great our receivers were or that josh Allen was a pro in waiting? You had Brian hill and chase roulliet as the only bright spots from that year.

Huh? Other than Brian Hill and Jacob Hollister, who is the good talent that this coaching staff recruited that we are losing????

Roullier, Gentry, Maulhardt, DJ May, Wacha, Appleby...were all DC recruits
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

But who developed that talent? It was coach bohl

ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

By that logic DC developed Tashaun Gipson and Prosinski into NFL talents. :rofl:
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

I'm saying Dave Christiansen has very little of this season to hang his hat on and coach bohl gets credit for the players they became.

SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

The fact we could even have two guys declare early is mind boggling to me. Really speaks to the improvement the program has made. We're already a long way removed from Colby Kirkegaard.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 225 times

SDPokeFan wrote:The fact we could even have two guys declare early is mind boggling to me. Really speaks to the improvement the program has made. We're already a long way removed from Colby Kirkegaard.
It is pretty amazing to have 2 guys potentially declare early.

...but I'm a bit worried that we aren't too far removed from Colby Kirkegaard without Josh Allen. I was there to watch Nick Smith against Eastern Michigan last year.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

OrediggerPoke wrote:
SDPokeFan wrote:The fact we could even have two guys declare early is mind boggling to me. Really speaks to the improvement the program has made. We're already a long way removed from Colby Kirkegaard.
It is pretty amazing to have 2 guys potentially declare early.

...but I'm a bit worried that we aren't too far removed from Colby Kirkegaard without Josh Allen. I was there to watch Nick Smith against Eastern Michigan last year.
That was a terrible performance. But, would venture to guess he has probably improved along with the rest of the team. He was the 3rd string, redshirt freshman QB, who was forced into action because Allen broke his collarbone.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

I think Josh is staying, but could you imagine if this crap did lead to him leaving? Matt Miller would be getting so many foul, disgusting packages on his porch via FedEx.

"Huh. I don't remember ordering anything from OMG IT'S A DEAD RACCOON"
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 133 times
Been liked: 141 times

So, it's looking doubtful that josh stays through his senior year? With this type of hype, imagine he could be a #1 overall with two more good years at wyo.

W-Y, Until I Die!
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

I think it depends on a few things but I think we hope he comes back next year to break in the new kid.

But you never know.

KeepitrealWyo
Buckaroo

He is Gone Get over it.
Trubisky of North Carolina declared and is rated # 1 QB by Kiper
Josh will destroy this guy at the Combine
And for all you - he needs reps- Trubisky started less games than Josh at the NCAA Level.

I think the New Mexico game - Vigen leaving him in to get pummeled down 28 points with 4 minutes left was the nail in the Coffin. Thanks Coach Karma is a Bitch
Josh Good Luck and Thanks for the memories
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Douche
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

Has Allen even been invited to a combine yet?
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

kdwrightuwyo wrote:Has Allen even been invited to a combine yet?
Underclassmen don't get invited, invites are only for seniors. If they want one they have to submit a request and only so many are available.

NebraskaCowboy
Ranch Hand

KeepitrealWyo wrote:He is Gone Get over it.
And for all you - he needs reps- Trubisky started less games than Josh at the NCAA Level.

I think the New Mexico game - Vigen leaving him in to get pummeled down 28 points with 4 minutes left was the nail in the Coffin. Thanks Coach Karma is a Bitch
Can someone get Dino out of here please.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

Seriously someone with an axe to grind and wants to see josh leave. Im rewatching the mountain west title game and you consistently hear the announcers including draft expert Todd mcshay say over and over that josh has an arm and talent but needs to work on the mental part of the game before he is an NFL talent.

J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Did you get lost?
Poke-proud
Cowpoke

Wyo2dal wrote:
kdwrightuwyo wrote:Has Allen even been invited to a combine yet?
Underclassmen don't get invited, invites are only for seniors. If they want one they have to submit a request and only so many are available.

Shows keepitreal is clueless.

Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 43 times

J-Rod wrote:

Did you get lost?
My guess....he's either a Fort Fart turd OR a BYU %^*(%^!!!!!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!