A big Wyoming welcome to Coach Hazelton!

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

hithere wrote:Literally anyone is an upgrade over Steve Stanard. I just can't underline enough how poop of a coordinator that guy was. The facts speak for themselves though from his career.

I'm excited to see how Hazelton does.

Welcome aboard, Fat Gandalf!
Is a small part of you mad you can't have those lines berating Stanard as your signature? :D
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 304 times
Been liked: 119 times

Gotta give it up to yopaulie, he called it!

I, on the other hand, proved again, that I don't know poop about coaching football. I will just stick to firewatching.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

hithere wrote:Welcome aboard, Fat Gandalf!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ImageImageImageImage
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Something seems not right here. This guy has been all over the map. Why? Did the other places simply not renew him? Or does he have ants in his pants? Maybe with his budget, Bohl just couldn't find anybody better.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

Hired away by USC (to LB coach, presumably a raise at an elite school). Hired away by Nevada (job promotion). Hired by Jacksonville (pay raise, working for old friend Gus Bradley). Hired by Wyoming (out of a job in Jacksonville due to coaching change, working for old friend).
ImageImageImageImage
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

MrTitleist wrote:Hired away by USC (to LB coach, presumably a raise at an elite school). Hired away by Nevada (job promotion). Hired by Jacksonville (pay raise, working for old friend Gus Bradley). Hired by Wyoming (out of a job in Jacksonville due to coaching change, working for old friend).
Yeah not worried at all about his movements. All his job changes were step-ups except for leaving the Jags but his head coach was fired so it makes sense that he wouldn't be retained.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

A good get from what I can tell. Reno gets a pass as far as I'm concerned when you step into crap that deep it's hard to come out smelling good. I love what he did at North Dakota state

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

DVDA wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:Kind of a poop year at Nevada, but otherwise it makes sense. What type of D does he run? Same 4-3 Tampa 2 stuff?
To add on to LanderPoke's request, did Gus Bradley run the Seahawks version of the 4-3 under that was so effective? Bradley was a very good coordinator with the Seahawks. Hopefully Hazelton learned a few things from him in Jacksonville.
Jacksonville wasn't their first time together btw. Bradley was the DC at Ft Lewis when Hazelton played there. There was also two years at NDSU that Hazelton was a defensive GA under Bradley as DC.

Both guys also worked with Monte Kiffin (Bradley for 3 years in Tampa, Hazelton for a year at USC).
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo