Josh Allen To Return for Junior Season

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Yay!
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
dapokes
Ranch Hand

Fitting that Matt Miller tweeted it out!

Thank you Josh for making the decision by the last day of dead period for recruiting. Expect recruiting to heat up HUGE. LOT of free press from this.

Bring on Iowa
dapokes
Ranch Hand

Just got confirmed by Foster. :popcorn:
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

This makes me very optimistic about next season. We do need to reload at several positions but coach bohl has earned my trust regarding player development and I trust we will be reloaded by the time the season starts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

Yes!

I feel like we should get a Gordie Haug tweet to celebrate.

Oh, man. Big sigh of relief.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Well, barring a disaster, Allen is gone for sure after this year. Matt Miller did help launch the name. Everything I read said next year's class will be between Rosen, Darnold and Allen. Wow. Who would've thought. Great publicity for the Pokes.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

djm19 wrote:Well, barring a disaster, Allen is gone for sure after this year. Matt Miller did help launch the name. Everything I read said next year's class will be between Rosen, Darnold and Allen. Wow. Who would've thought. Great publicity for the Pokes.
I think health or a disastrous season statistically would be all that brings him back. I want him to do more sliding and less lowering his shoulder.

Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

pokefanchaz7 wrote:. I want him to do more sliding and less lowering his shoulder.
I think he knows his health is important for the future, so I expect lowering his shoulder will be zero and situations where sliding would be necessary to be almost nonexistent. Hand off, dropback pass, or roll out pass is it for next year.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Adv8RU12 wrote:
pokefanchaz7 wrote:. I want him to do more sliding and less lowering his shoulder.
I think he knows his health is important for the future, so I expect lowering his shoulder will be zero and situations where sliding would be necessary to be almost nonexistent. Hand off, dropback pass, or roll out pass is it for next year.
Good luck with that!
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

I think he will be a running threat much the same as this season I just want him to be better about picking his battles and sliding after the first down and not trying to run people over

johnywyo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 1 time

It should be a remarkable year for this squad. Hats off to Josh, his Dad and his team for giving him the opinion that returning is in his best interest. A couple key fits for skilled players needs to develop, but we have the wealth of 3 good seasons of recruits to solidify an accomplished identity for 2017. This is a very good day for the Wyoming Cowboys and the Mountain West Conference. Thanks to Coach Bohl on his acquisition on a new DC, and the vision to put us on the right track....Great Day to be a Poke.
At the molecular level all mankind is a brilliant super-nova.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 31 times

Hopefully the Pokes can find a QB to develop and have waiting in the wings.. the transfer of Chandler Garrett set us back a little bit in that regard. Leppke is on the roster still.. so I guess we'll see.
ImageImageImageImage
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

MrTitleist wrote:Hopefully the Pokes can find a QB to develop and have waiting in the wings.. the transfer of Chandler Garrett set us back a little bit in that regard. Leppke is on the roster still.. so I guess we'll see.
We got the new kid coming in this fall who's supposed to be pretty good
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

Glad to hear it! I think it's best for both the team and Josh. Can't wait until September!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Big season coming up for him in 2017. With Hill, top 3 receiving targets, and a key OL graduating/leaving...he'll need to take on a leadership role. Offense will depend on his growth.
Cosmic Cowboy
A Real Cowboy

pokefanchaz7 wrote:
djm19 wrote:Well, barring a disaster, Allen is gone for sure after this year. Matt Miller did help launch the name. Everything I read said next year's class will be between Rosen, Darnold and Allen. Wow. Who would've thought. Great publicity for the Pokes.
I think health or a disastrous season statistically would be all that brings him back. I want him to do more sliding and less lowering his shoulder.

Let's remember that sliding is great unless your playing those cheap shot bastards outta BYU! Those f-word :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: f-word U BYU!! Dude finally does the right thing and what do you know a BYU player tries to knock him outta the game for it....weird????? :roll: :roll: :roll:

Sorry just the first thing that came to my mind reading this post. Great to hear Josh is coming back. More exciting times ahead.
Riding High!!!
Sgoharley
Buckaroo

Great news. He will get a chance to develop into the NFL quarterback he has the potential to become and we will have a great year and will be able to develop the talent coming in behind him. A win for everyone.
Very smart classy move by Josh Allen
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

NO.......REALLY.....LOL....Bring BH back with ya as well
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

I wasn't really worried about Josh leaving. I'm glad he stayed though.

2017 and 2018 are the first two years of many years of the Cowboy. A dominant basketball program and a very good football program at the same time is right around the corner.

It will be like the late 80's all over again.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.